Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

you guys should check out the movie "Perth"

it's all about this Indonesian guy who's biggest goal in life is to get to Perth which he is this perfect paradise. it's all he talks about. "you wouldnt believe it, Perth", "ive got to get to Perth", "everything will be great once i get to Perth"

he ends up getting beaten to death by another much fatter Indonesian guy as the credits roll

it's a remake of Taxi Driver I guess, if instead of having PTSD Travis Bickle just really wanted to go live in Perth and instead of killing the guys at the end he did nothing and just got beat to death by a fat guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

yeah Shane has that history major race realism thing sometimes where he's not technically wrong on (most of) his facts he's just missing the forest for the trees. which is the case a lot of the time with most people and whatever their area of expertise is

it's still so funny he got canceled for the Asian thing and there's clips like high school bbg just out there

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

you can watch just the sketches below the full special, that's what I did. will get around to the full thing later

felt kind of meh compared to s1 though. Compliance was great, liked Trump Hitler. felt kind of, over produced? over indulgent? like the pacing on everything felt long, everybody's mugging for the camera, stylistically just very different from S1 which was really tight and snappy. and kind of idk, uninspired premise-wise? like i watched it this morning and Compliance is the only premise that really sticks out as memorable and unique to me the way Sleep Cop, Blind Wedding, ISIS Toyota, etc do. they probably should've spent less money

happy to give the 10 bucks though, dawgs have more than earned it from all the free poo poo

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

george washington bit crushed me

Mandrel
Sep 24, 2006

it's brutal. got to be one of the worst casts ever too. weird great value aidy bryant, 2 blonde white girls who seem to do the same thing, like 5 loving identical baby-faced white dudes who i cannot tell apart, and kenan. the only one of any of these kids that seems like she might have star-quality (or at least a bigger career post-SNL) is maybe that sarah sherman. she seems pretty funny, has good vibes

telling that the funniest sketch is the one where it's just shane acting opposite a puppet

edit: now looking into sarah sherman more, i guess her being a stand-up whose favorite all-time cast member was Norm makes sense

Mandrel fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Feb 26, 2024