Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I've listened to like 8 or so episodes of this at work this week and man oh man it's giggle city in here. These are some downright silly boys. I didn't like Matt at first but after a few episodes I feel like I get him now and I'm completely on board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah I just got to my first brother episode and it was like mainlining a pure strain psycho into my ears. Literally started off with “Man I love Spartans, what cool guys!”

Also it’s been barely a week but “Cup of Hermes” is LOCKED IN my lexicon now.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No idea what that is but if it’s a good time with the boys I’m in

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I showed that clip to my mother and she was cracking up, like “he’s so right, we are like that!”

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
ok ive listened to about 30 episodes of this show + clips over the last month and all I can say is g0ddam it is so funny that they got cancelled over the "ch*nk" thing and not... well I mean literally anything else. So much of the show is Shane realizing that they've crossed a line and going "oh dear, this is gonna come back to haunt us".

Top shelf stuff, im in giggle city over here.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
It kind of bums me out that I could’ve been seeing Matt & Shane free for years if I’d ever thought to check out Philly’s stand up scene while I lived there. I went to an open mic for my friend once but just left after his set because the first two “comics” were just unbearable.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
He didn’t “invent” changa, cultures have been combining those chemicals for literally thousands of years, so right away, uh, awesome guest lmao

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Listening to MSSP clips on YouTube is so weird because it’s like a 3-1 ratio of “funny bits & anecdotes” and “Shane Gillis’s Race Realism Corner” where Shane complains using the most insane redditor History Major “Um Actually” racism talking points. Glad the more recent episodes don’t seem to lean that way too much, maybe all the SNL stuff scared him away from that kind of podcastin

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

he was actually a history major lol

Yeah one of the things that really draws me in is the fact that Matt & Shane are shockingly well educated for being two of the dumbest people to ever talk into a microphone.

I have the same exact degrees as Matt :negative:

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Yeah it’s almost like the dude who wrote that hit piece just clicked around episodes randomly and accidentally struck gold

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I mostly listen to this podcast because Matt’s accent and completely insane Neanderthal family of super jacked Men of Trains make me very wistfully homesick for Philly. There are at least 3-4 instances on the show of Matt saying something that is a completely insane thing that I have thought before but usually accompanied by a “wow I’ll never meet anyone else who thinks THIS!” so I concede that Matt is probably a distant cousin of mine.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I wonder if you can see his cold sore.

Who is the dude with the mushy lisp who comes on the podcast sometimes? He’s so funny but I can’t find him anywhere, I thought he was on War Mode but I was mistaken.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
No, not Guard Dog. I dunno who it is, def not Beezer, maybe Spud, I think. He just sounds like he’s talking through a mouth full of marshmallows, kind of soft, but every time he’s on he’s the absolute funniest.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://twitter.com/pa_hatch/status/1569840906542391297?s=46&t=K4vwEV4HP1d1vkV_WE6J0Q

This has “MacCusker” written all over it

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I feel like Shane takes too many mushrooms.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Maybe it’s just the random smattering of clips I’ve stumbled upon but I feel like he ends up taking them at every social function and basically always has a freak out. It makes for good podcast content but if I were his friend in real life I would definitely make fun of him for turning into a spunion and not being able to carry his own water, so to speak. Being so high that your cool NFL friends have to strategically extract you from a private Dave & Buster’s party with football players and cheerleaders is shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
game recognize game