Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Cole Beasley loving rules

Yeah lol. Also he sounds EXACTYLY like Spud to me.

I figure this is the best place to post this: Can someone get me to like Mark Normand? I think I've only ever seen him in YouTube podcast compilations but he always seems like such a tryhard. Everyone loves him but he's always come across as a shy goodboy kid with funny friends that use edgy humor so he wants to get in on the fun but doesn't know how and forces it really hard.

Does he suck and everyone's wrong, or does he rule and I'm wrong? There's no other option lol. Someone point me in the right direction so I understand the hype around him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

The Kramer bit did get a chuckle out of me. The shanegillisfan video is kind of what I'm getting at with "tryhard" at trying too hard to be edgy but it was fine and doesn't make me feel any negative emotions really.

I looked up his Twitter after my post though and I DO NOT like it lol. I sound much more of a hater than I really am. I'll have to check out his stand up and see how it is. I swear I see comments on Youtibe a lot though on how "Shane Gillis and Mark Normand are the only real ones in stand up right now" and I've never understood it based on the little I've seen of him and I wanna give him a fair shake.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 23, 2024

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.reddit.com/r/AriShaffir/comments/3g1npx/was_mark_normand_talking_about_milana_vayntrub_on/

Here's a reddit thread from 9 years ago lol jk I like him now.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiSjzK0lgvI

Here's a channel that uploads patreon eps really fast if no one here knows about it. Idk if this is against forum rules so don't narc me out lol. Lemaire rules.

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Ghislaine of YOSPOS posted:

This guest is unbelievably bad. Holy gently caress. Not in like a funny fascinating way either.

It's not like he was interrupting them from being funny. It was just a bad episode from everyone.

E: Not BAD but not great. 10 minutes into the patreon and they already sound more comfortable. I've noticed that when they have someone on that isn't a comedian or a good friend of theirs it always feels awkward. Like cousins forced to hold a conversation for an hour at a family gathering lol.

emptyrave fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Mar 15, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emptyrave
May 13, 2022

Do you know why it's called posh? Do you know why it's called gently caress?

The man loves his trivia lol. I didnt hate him in the main ep but I can see where you were coming from. Looking back yeah he's probably the worst guest in a while. I sound like a hater of Matt and Shane but they do get awkward sometimes with guests and when the guest is awkward or nervous Shane will kinda give that energy back instead of giving them something to work with and trying to make it funny. I can't think of any examples besides Danny Mcbride but that's completely understandable because Shane loves him. Or the opposite, Shane on The Danny Brown Show where he just went "ha yeah" the whole time.

.... >_> btw MSSP_Pod4 is up on YouTube now.