Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

I heard this episode of a podcast, probably Every Little Thing, where they explored sympathetic butt pain. I was like "wow, that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of, I wonder what that's like." And then a few days later I saw somebody fall down some stairs on TV, and wouldn't you know it, I got butt tingles. Specifically in my tailbone and taint.

I am 100% serious.

They aren't pleasant tingles, they're reminiscent of being kicked in the junk.

Wondering how many other yobbers experience this. It's got to be more than just me, statistically speaking.

cruft fucked around with this message at 16:27 on Jul 21, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

cruft posted:

Serious post here. I heard this episode of a podcast, probably Every Little Thing, where they explored sympathetic butt pain. I was like "wow, that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of, I wonder what that's like." And then a few days later I saw somebody fall down some stairs on TV, and wouldn't you know it, I got butt tingles. Specifically in my tailbone and taint.

I am 100% serious.

They aren't pleasant tingles, they're reminiscent of being kicked in the junk.

Wondering how many other yobbers experience this. It's got to be more than just me, statistically speaking.

i only get the taint tingles when standing near the edge of a tall structure

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

For real? Is it non-stop or sort of acute and then dies down? Or maybe you're motivated to move away from the edge and never get the opportunity to find out.

google THIS

When an octopus sees someone get hurt they have eight taint tingles

Areola Grande

cruft posted:

For real? Is it non-stop or sort of acute and then dies down? Or maybe you're motivated to move away from the edge and never get the opportunity to find out.

yeah for real. it's like the balls trying 2 retreat when faced with certain death

Areola Grande

i'd describe the sensation as a fluttery tingle

google THIS

But yeah I have also experienced the sympathetic pain and involuntary clench, it's like the ugly hick cousin of the rollercoaster belly tingle but I wouldn't be surprised if the mechanism is similar

Areola Grande

i'd like 2 add here that i am single and ready 2 tingle

:wiggle:

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Areola Grande posted:

yeah for real. it's like the balls trying 2 retreat when faced with certain death

Hell, same

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Areola Grande posted:

i'd like 2 add here that i am single and ready 2 tingle

:wiggle:

. . . but are you ready to Chuck Tingle?

Areola Grande

Barking Gecko posted:

. . . but are you ready to Chuck Tingle?

i was born ready for that. maybe we need a new chuck tingle thread

Heather Papps

hello friend

i get sympathy pains in my legs and in my belly. i think some part of hearing young relatives cry in distress switched my automatic response to others pain from amusement to sympathy.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

cruft

For me this happens when I see, or sometimes even think about, somebody getting hurt.

Like I was just writing about a dude falling onto his rear end in the shower, and I got the little taint tingle. I think it might be an area that tingles when I get hit hard, but I'm not focusing on my taint at the time. When I'm not actually getting hurt, I have a sympathetic response, but all I can feel is the taint tingle.

I think it's really weird that there's no discussion of this in medical literature: I've asked (but maybe I haven't asked the right people). It seems to be fairly common.

Heather Papps

hello friend

the evolutionary benefit to experiencing discomfort when someone else is in pain is pretty obvious, it drives the uninjured party to tend to the hurt, helping the whole species survive. maybe it's one of those things that seems too obvious to research. it would be interesting to discover if it can be taught, because i have to assume people who commit violent crimes don't have that sensation.

cruft

Heather Papps posted:

the evolutionary benefit to experiencing discomfort when someone else is in pain is pretty obvious, it drives the uninjured party to tend to the hurt, helping the whole species survive. maybe it's one of those things that seems too obvious to research. it would be interesting to discover if it can be taught, because i have to assume people who commit violent crimes don't have that sensation.

Showing criminals episodes of "Ow my Balls!" while kicking them in the junk seems sort of Clockwork Orange to me.

Heather Papps

hello friend

i was thinking more forced viewings of paddington 2. that should soften hearts.

Areola Grande

Heather Papps posted:

this sounds logical 2 me. makes me wonder why i only get it when faced w/ my own demise however. i might be a murderous narcissist at my core :kiddo:

google THIS

Luke Skywalker: I can feel the good in you. The taint tingle.

google THIS

Harry Potter, in a last-ditch appeal to Voldemort's humanity, begs him to try to feel a tingle in his taint

Ass-penny

I don't feel anything, if I can help it. hope that helps.

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

when I was a teenager, I had a summer job where one thing I had to do was paint all the ventilation hoods on the roof of a factory. I used to go stand at the edge of the roof just to get the taint tingle.

cruft

Finger Prince posted:

I used to go stand at the edge of the roof

Kinky!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
it rumbles my crundle

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Areola Grande

Finger Prince posted:

when I was a teenager, I had a summer job where one thing I had to do was paint all the ventilation hoods on the roof of a factory. I used to go stand at the edge of the roof just to get the taint tingle.

do u ever get the taint tingle when observing someone else in danger or just the rooftop ones. i only get the rooftop ones

biosterous

cruft posted:

Like I was just writing about a dude falling onto his rear end in the shower, and I got the little taint tingle.

for me, hearing about or imagining any old person fall down at all (including but not limited to the in the shower) sets my taint a tingling

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Areola Grande

cruft posted:

I got the little taint tingle

doing kegels daily can improve ur taint size :engleft:

cruft

Areola Grande posted:

doing kegels daily can improve ur taint size :engleft:

Gonna start beefing up my taint: I'm tired of my weight being supported by my pelvis.

Areola Grande

story of my life brother :hf:

Areola Grande

Dr. Honked posted:

it rumbles my crundle

a rumble in the grundle down undle

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Areola Grande posted:

a rumble in the grundle down undle

oof! right in the humble bundle

Ass-penny

I tried thinking about falling in the shower and got it to work I think

cruft

rear end-penny posted:

I tried thinking about falling in the shower and got it to work I think

I'm not sure this is a reaction anybody should strive for, it's not really my favorite thing.

super sweet best pal

I get ball clenches watching surgery scenes in movies.

google THIS

ASMR | Best Taint Tingles | Falling in Shower | Standing on Edge of Roof | Painful Screams (30 min)

Areola Grande

google THIS posted:

ASMR | Best Taint Tingles | Falling in Shower | Standing on Edge of Roof | Painful Screams (30 min)

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
heights really prod my perineum.
this really humbles my bundle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNnxwRJ8Cs

cruft

Dr. Honked posted:

heights really prod my perineum.
this really humbles my bundle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhNnxwRJ8Cs

ugh no

Areola Grande

forsooth, the taint :hai:

cruft

So, interestingly, I got no sympathetic taint pain from the idiot doing acrobatics on a high rise. Just a general feeling of anxiety.

If he'd slipped and fallen, then yeah, definitely butt pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

I sincerely hope this frank discussion of taints and tingles is not over. there's so much more 2 say