Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I will return once again to man the helm of the Boston Celtics

Thanks again DBD for doing this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

I値l take the Cavs.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
I'm gonna Utah Jazz this whole thing up.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm here to play just give me whichever team is open that nobody else wanted

e: if I have to pick then uh I can be the Sixers I guess

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
I would like the Spurs thank you.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paul Zuvella posted:

I can't believe someone took my clippers. I'm distraught.

I guess I'll have to be the Lakers. Gross.

edit: If anyone really wants the Lakers I will gladly switch to a different team

I'll trade with you on the condition that I'm allowed to move them back to Minneapolis

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Would love to take the Pacers again if nobody has claimed!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

IcePhoenix posted:

I'll trade with you on the condition that I'm allowed to move them back to Minneapolis

Knock yourself out.

IcePhoenix gets to be the Lakers, I'm the 76ers.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

ScooterMcTiny posted:

Would love to take the Pacers again if nobody has claimed!

I did, but I am more than happy to switch to whatever's left over. You can have them

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

https://twitter.com/multiversus/status/1550536907775426561?s=21&t=Tz6mF7r1le-ARcIihhiZ7Q

ScooterMcTiny
Apr 7, 2004

Veryslightlymad posted:

I did, but I am more than happy to switch to whatever's left over. You can have them

Oh awesome thank you!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

We can send the Timberwolves to Vancouver I guess. Or two Minnesota teams, one in each conference.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Minneapolis Lakers vs The Saint Paul Timberwolves.

Each team could have dozens of fans.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Bring back the Muskies! More teams named after fish.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

We can send the Timberwolves to Vancouver I guess. Or two Minnesota teams, one in each conference.

both new york teams are in the same conference I see no reason the minnesota teams have to split up

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Veryslightlymad posted:

Bring back the Muskies! More teams named after fish.

Freshwater fish!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

both new york teams are in the same conference I see no reason the minnesota teams have to split up

Ok so you get the Minneapolis Lakers and the Eden Prairie Timberwolves then.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think we're probably just both going to play in minneapolis tbqh

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I think we're probably just both going to play in minneapolis tbqh

Xcel is right in downtown st paul and is probably a better stadium to watch a game at.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
TIL the Nuggets history traces back to the Denver Safeway Pigs

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Though in honesty we probably shouldn't relocate teams for this game. It'd just be confusing.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Lockback posted:

Xcel is right in downtown st paul and is probably a better stadium to watch a game at.

I saw a couple Lynx games there and it was a nice venue.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Lockback posted:

Though in honesty we probably shouldn't relocate teams for this game. It'd just be confusing.

Yeah, just for my sake right now, switching teams is fine but renaming you guys can do when making your personal lists or whatever, just for sake of ease right now I need relative locations :D

Anyway, sorry for the delay, should be updated. Filled up way quicker than I anticipated.

:siren: ONLY THREE SPOTS LEFT! TELL A FRIEND! :siren:

Hawks, Thunder, Suns are the only teams available.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Paul Zuvella posted:

Who do I look like, Drunk Canuck?

Your rear end is grass, bucko

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Will probably start this on Monday btw (with the list dropping late Sunday night), so hoping for 3 guys in the next 2-3 days. Should be doable.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Give me the Thunder

Activia
Apr 13, 2022

Goal: some kind of neat moth
This looks like fun, I値l be the suns!

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Put me down for the hawks

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

:siren: GAME IS FULL! :siren:

If there are extra signups, maybe a team can take on a co-gm. I think it's happened a few times in the past.

I will probably move the start date up to Sunday evening since it filled quickly. This will last several weeks! Be smart with your $1000!

Day 1 (of 19? 20?)'s 20-30 biddable players will be posted sometime late Saturday in this thread and people will have until 7:00 PM EST Sunday, 7/24 to send me their blind bids privately. You simply will put your highest offers for any of the players posted. Again, if you have questions about the rules, PM me but it should be explained in the OP. I'll write a few of the essentials below.

• You can either PM me your list or email it to me. My email should be in the original post.

• You don't have to bid on every player. You don't even have to bid until the last few days if you wanted as long as you finish with 15 players.

• Each team starts with $1000. You cannot bid for separate players with more money than you currently have (ie, you can bid $300 between three players because it would equal $900 if you won all of the bids (but then you'd only have $100 to split between 12 other players), or you can put $500 for one player, but you can't bid $500 for 5 separate players because you do not have $2500. And this applies to you the whole way through, so if you won a bid and only have $700 left, you can divvy up your bids but it can't go over $700, etc, etc (and take your roster spots into account too, read below!)

• Your maximum bid must always take into account how many roster spots you have. If you have $100 and one roster spot left, your max bid would be $100. If you had $100 left and you have 5 roster spots to fill, your maximum bid is $95 because you'd need five $1 bids to fill in the rest.

• I won't give any huge tips out but read previous threads. Goons overspend A LOT the first few days. And I would say that anything over $500-600 for a superstar is.. a lot. But it's never stopped teams before. Build how you want!

Anyway, thanks everybody for joining. Should be a fun time again.

Deadbeat Dad fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jul 23, 2022

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Awesome, thanks for running this.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

。Hola SEA!

I知 on vacation in a yurt in the woods this weekend but I have cell reception so I can bid from here lol

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

DeimosRising posted:

I知 on vacation in a yurt in the woods this weekend but I have cell reception so I can bid from here lol

Yurt Rambis

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Don't pick yurt 7, this advice is broadly applicable.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Anyone who fails to build a better team than me should feel absolute shame, as I am an extremely casual basketball follower.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I知 planning on having an all questionable 3 and D team

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
After A Totally Realistic Tatum led me to victory i think im gonna commit to a radical theory of No 3 All D
Shooting is overrated

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

I missed this thread until slots were full but hope to see some silly teams put together

If anyone bails sign me up

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

First tranche of players is sometime tonight, right?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

habeasdorkus posted:

First tranche of players is sometime tonight, right?

:yeshaha:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho