Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

code:
Marko Simonovic
Draymond Green
Kevin Huerter
Khris Middleton
Jalen Green
Joe Harris
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Lamar Stevens
Brandon Williams
Goga Bitadze
Moses Moody
Rudy Gobert
Tari Eason
Xavier Moon
Gorgui Dieng
Jamal Murray
Trevor Keels
Xavier Tillman
Kenyon Martin Jr.
Eric Paschall
JaVale McGee
Paul "B-Ball" Reed
Alec Burks
Daniel Theis
Trey Murphy III
Mike Muscala
Kelly Olynyk
Jarrett Culver
Ziaire Williams
Jalen Smith

:siren: Reminder: You will be privately PMing me or emailing me (in OP) your list. PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR TEAM NAME IN THE MESSAGES. You may bid on as many or as little players each day as long as you don't divvy up more than your maximum amount of money at whatever stage it is ($,1000 for all right now). If you do not intend on bidding on anybody during a certain day, please still message me to let me know. If you have a question about how the bidding process works just private message me, but I've tried to explain it a few times, so hopefully it makes sense. It's pretty simple. You will have until 7:00 pm EST on Sunday (tomorrow) to get your list in to me. If a team skips more than one day in a row I will have to replace you so try to make at least 10 minutes out of your day to send a list. Thank you and have fun :) :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
lol, that is a stacked day 1

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
How do injuries work in this league?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

habeasdorkus posted:

How do injuries work in this league?

Basketball-GM will be the sim I'll do for fun afterwards. Just assume injured players will have some sort small hit against them depending on the severity of it but as long as it's not an old player with some Achilles injury then it shouldn't be too bad. But there are obvious risks involved. I don't know if there are players slated to miss all of next season but we can assume their updated stats will be how they play after they return but for the sake of it they'll be able to play.

All 30 of you will also vote on your best/playoff teams in the league as the "BYOGM winner" afterwards so some of it is subjective as well in terms of how people think players will return to injury.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Ok, so I should expect Jamal Murray to take some hit from losing a season to an ACL injury but he won't miss the season.

Over under on the winning Giannis bid? I'm setting it at $501

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

habeasdorkus posted:

Ok, so I should expect Jamal Murray to take some hit from losing a season to an ACL injury but he won't miss the season.

Over under on the winning Giannis bid? I'm setting it at $501

Yep for the sake of just ~fun~ injured players are playable for next season just with potential hits to certain areas until they prove they won't be affected by it

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

The Washington Wizards have submitted our Day 1 bids.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
Celtics bids are in, LFG

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Already pissed that I'm not going to get "insert player with tremendous upside" for $27.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Looking back on previous editions, most of my teams were pretty good but not spectacular. The 2018 team I had Lillard, SGA, Hayward, MPJ, PJ Tucker and Jonas Valancuinas would've been an offensive mega explosion though, really fun to watch.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

it took me forever to figure out who the sixth guy with a picture was because I figured they were after Murray in the list since the other five were in that order

I was like "gently caress is one of these guys way better than I thought?"

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Probably-unnecessary clarification: all bets to be submitted as dollar increments, i.e. no $1.01 etc. right

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rivetz posted:

Probably-unnecessary clarification: all bets to be submitted as dollar increments, i.e. no $1.01 etc. right

I'm actually submitting all my bids in Yen

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

rivetz posted:

Yes, aka the Rick special. Only dollar increments

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

tanglewood1420 posted:

Looking back on previous editions, most of my teams were pretty good but not spectacular. The 2018 team I had Lillard, SGA, Hayward, MPJ, PJ Tucker and Jonas Valancuinas would've been an offensive mega explosion though, really fun to watch.

My team last year had Durant and Jrue with some solid role players like Josh Hart and criminally underperformed

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Yes, aka the Rick special. Only dollar increments

Dinwiddle has to be bid for in bitcoin though

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

My team last year had Durant and Jrue with some solid role players like Josh Hart and criminally underperformed

Unless someone else was running it I think the last one I had Durant because I basically built the Nets post Simmons trade a year before it actually happened but without Kyrie (so the Nets post Simmons trade)*

*this isn't actually true but I had Durant, Simmons, and Seth Curry

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
The Atlanta Hawks are confident in the new direction their GM NBA Champion Punkin Spunkin is leading them, his mix of casual racism towards Euros and alcoholism basically makes him the best GM candidate here.
We base this on his previous achievements as a GM, like:

"Getting so drunk I bid on something called 'Cole Aldrich'."
"Overbidding on Nurkic cuz I thought he was Jokic. I was at an open bar."
"Bidding on Joffrey Lauvergne cuz I thought he was Evan Fournier. I was, again, at the same open bar."
"Get this. 'The Three Towers'. Boban, Omer Asik, Zhou Qi."
"I also won a championship on the back of a clearly aberrant insanely powerful basketballgm simulated Red Ribbon Army Cyborg Jayson Tatum who led a starting lineup of Lonzo, CJ, Wendell, Bertans, averaged like 38 points a game in the playoffs and somehow had a Finals game where he played '48.3 minutes.'"

Bids submitted! I recommend everyone spends as much of their money as humanly possible on Day 1.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

Cavs bids have been submitted. I’m already having fun. :cool:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Boy the opportunity to get Olympic Gold Medalist Javale McGee on day 1 is very exciting I hope no one outbids me

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Sport Science recently did a brain scan on a former BYOGM goon to get some analysis on what really happens during blind auction drafts in SAS. The data was staggering. Not only do they overspend on the first few days, they know they do it, and they continue to do it. Role players in droves are driving to the NBA office to try and get placed in the Day 1 players list because they know how much they stand to make. The line is doubled around the block.

We were able to talk to Cool Buff Man, who now works at the NBA office as a receptionist.

"It's life changing money. But it's bad. Grown men are on their knees banging on the doors. I mean, Xavier Moon just kind of got lucky he has a cool name, but the guys think he's wasting a spot for someone useful. I can't blame them but.. yeah.. it's just sad to watch these guys get turned away. I tell them to keep their head up because the goons that didn't pay the first days will just pay you the other days and get in on the fun. It may be a lie, but it's also not. I've seen some poo poo throughout the years... go Celtics."

"Something changes chemically in them when that Day 1 hits." An anonymous assistant GM source was quoted. "It's almost like all logic goes out the window. You'd think they would listen to anybody else in the room, but their minds are made up. We're still paying Cole Aldrich from years ago."

An assistant coach from an unnamed team also spoke to our team, anonymously.

"I know you guys heard about Drunk Canuck a few years ago, but even that torture dungeon story kind of pales in comparison to what this money is doing to 9th and 10th men. At least Delon and those guys weren't overpaid, and got a cool story out of it. These GMs are giving almost 10% of the cap to third stringers and they come in talking poo poo to the stars. You should see our flights. The card games have a really Crittenton-Arenas vibe to them because of what some guys are getting compared to others. There's a pandemic outside and there's one inside, between these GMs."

"Well, almost all of them." he added. "Paul Zuvella kind of goes rogue and shows them what they're spending and shits on all of their acquisitions, but it comes at a cost. If you get drafted on one of his teams, you might get targeted more than MJ by the Bad Boy Pistons. My condolences to them and their medical team."

DBD also was requested for an interview but he just smirked the entire time and said one thing:

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

IcePhoenix posted:

Unless someone else was running it I think the last one I had Durant because I basically built the Nets post Simmons trade a year before it actually happened but without Kyrie (so the Nets post Simmons trade)*

*this isn't actually true but I had Durant, Simmons, and Seth Curry

Must have been one before that, my bad.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Must have been one before that, my bad.

I don't really blame anyone for not remembering, when the trade happened it tickled my brain and when I went to look it up it stuck because it amused me so

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I’ve never played this before - does it get kinda tough near the end to actually fill out your roster if you don’t sign anyone the first few days? I guess you’d still have all the $$$ left.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Red Rox posted:

I’ve never played this before - does it get kinda tough near the end to actually fill out your roster if you don’t sign anyone the first few days? I guess you’d still have all the $$$ left.

Probably easier tbh, unless you're waiting on unbidded on waiver players at the end to fill a considerable amount of slots but you'd prob have won a few people by then

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I simultaneously feel like I've bid too much and far too little.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow not even one day as Bucks GM and my two star players are already in free agency!!

JackBandit
Jun 6, 2011
Will any caring soul post the total bid price of each actual nba roster at the end of bidding? I really don’t know who it would be, maybe Philly? Or probably Boston.

Lowest would have to be Utah or Washington or OKC I guess? Detroit?

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

The Utah Jazz have submitted our opening day bids. I look forward to getting none of the players I bid on, and seeing what the prices look like after day 1.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Is someone planning to build a spreadsheet? I think the last one is actually still up on Google sheets, it’s already formatted if admittedly full of old data

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Bids are in. Excited to spend the day worrying I overpaid only to find out someone out bid me on each by $100. Let Us Go.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I hope you all wisely spend all your money today

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bids are in, I'm ready to overspend on players yeah!

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
The San Antonio Spurs have sent our bids and we are confident, despite the fact that most of our bids are sarcastic.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
BBall Paul deserves at least $44 imo.

regret not getting in on this

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Hello goons. Thanks for the bids so far.. very.. interesting.

Still waiting on about 9 lists. The deadline is in about 5 and a half hours, so still a bit of time, but don't forget! I'll send PMs in an hour or two if it cuts it close.

Also, I may do a "next closest bid" update on every won bid just for shits and giggles and chaos to make people second guess if they're bidding too low, high, give a lil pain if they were close. :11tea:

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Also, I may do a "next closest bid" update on every won bid just for shits and giggles and chaos to make people second guess if they're bidding too low, high, give a lil pain if they were close. :11tea:

Please do!

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
Pretty sure I won’t win anyone in this first round, but also slightly worried I’ll end up with 10 dudes. We’ll see!

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
I'm mostly worried about not knowing what to worry about.

EDIT
Weirdly, I think getting literally everyone I bid on would probably be the worst case scenario.

Veryslightlymad fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Jul 24, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
There are so many good backup centers today...hard to resist the urge to build a whole roster of them...