Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

whoa I saw this was starting in the NBA thread but it took off fast good luck all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

:siren: I may need a replacement for Dejan if I don't hear from him by tonight. :siren: First come, first serve to whoever quotes this but I won't know until about 7. I messaged G-Hawk since he was the first post a few days ago to inquire about getting in but also haven't heard back from him... will need to move forward in case neither are around. Maybe some co-GM situation moving forward if he (G-Hawk) sees it while someone claims the spot.

Either way, I'm still giving Dejan until 7. So if you quote this and want in, send me a PM of your bids for today and I'll add it in only if Dejan doesn't respond in the next 3 hours.

Thanks!
I'll replace in if you've got to move on without them. I wasn't sure about signing bakc up initially but did feel some fomo

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Los Angeles Clippers (Red Rox) have signed John Wall for $107.

(The next highest bid was $75.)
Wow

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wall for $107 is a better deal!!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Doltos posted:

I can't compete with these new age bidders
In the second half of the draft you won’t need to

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

There were some good deals on day one I feel like, namely Gobert and Jalen Green

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The back of my bench is quickly becoming full

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Can’t wait to see lamelo and giddey running the court together

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Veryslightlymad posted:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the actual players I came out with, but pleased.

Kind of annoyed I didn't bid on Sabonis, because I had him pegged at 215 (which would have won) and the money I didn't bid on him ultimately didn't go anywhere else.

On the other hand, it always felt like a weird fit next to Turner, and I can't imagine that'd be that much better with Gobert. I also think "Just build the 2020 Pacers" probably wasn't gonna be the best strategy.
Gobert and Sabonis would be a pretty poor fit for sure. At least Myles could attempt to stretch the court

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

TNL posted in the thread today

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

a new study bible! posted:

I thought i was going to get Lamelo for just over 200 lol
I didn’t even outbid the next person by all that much!

IcePhoenix posted:

Beginning to feel like I wildly underbid on Lonzo
Same

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

DeimosRising posted:

I think that’s fine if you have your star and he complements him
Wish I bid a bit more on him so I could unite the Balls. Not a bad price at all except for his knee

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I thought I was getting him for $3

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you decide you definitely want a guy on your squad you gotta throw in some extra mustard or you won’t get him.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Check out this spectacular fun n gun lineup

LaMelo
Giddey
Ellington
Okeke
Nnaji

We’re going to be losing 180-160 every night and our fans will love it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Boston Celtics (Salvor_Hardin) have signed Damian Lillard for $322.

(The next highest bid was $305.)
Good deal

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Somehow missed this? I thought he'd get at least one bid. I know he's washed but...

DeAndre Jordan has gone unbidded on and will be able to be claimed during the last few days of bidding (it will be announced publicly closer to the date).
If you buy him, even if it’s only for $1, your sim coach will start him and play him 20 mpg

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I’m broke now but that was worth it

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

If you haven’t spent all your money yet you’ve missed out on a lot of guys.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Dang

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Utah Jazz (habeasdorkus) have signed Luka Doncic for $413.

(The next highest bid was $377.)
Should’ve been $600+ like Giannis and Jokic

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I did warn in the OP that anything over $500 is A LOT lmao so I think $400-$500 for a 1st team all-nba dude is the max but...
I’d say Giannis Jokic Doncic are worth at least 60% of your cap with Embiid coming up behind them. There’s teams with $500+ and even $850-1000, who are they waiting for!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul Zuvella posted:

also having a predetermined idea of how much of the cap a player is worth is how you end up spending 50 bucks on dudes who cant get minutes and running out of money on day 3.

They are not "worth" 60% of the cap, they are worth the cheapest you can possibly get them for.
When I say “worth” you clearly don’t know how I’m defining that. The top guys are worth more than 60% if anything, with no max here we can pay the irreplaceable superstars as much as we want and then pay the interchangeable guys who maybe contribute a starter’s portion even less. It should all only lead to MORE for Doncic

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul Zuvella posted:

You're still trying to view this through the lens of how real basketball works and not a wonky league where you blind bid on players for 18 days in a row. We arent putting butts in seats and we dont have to play by the rules of the NBA.
Right but there’s still a purpose here which is to build teams that are as fun or good as we can. And that goal would put the price for Luka higher most of the time. Why can’t you just say that it was a steal!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

The rich teams still have a max roster size so the poor people will get some scraps to feed on. Seems fair and everyone can still finish their teams without a change unless I’m missing something

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Milwaukee Bucks (The Ninth Layer) have signed De'Anthony Melton for $46.

(The next highest bid was $31.)
Aww I was the $31 and would’ve really liked to have Melton

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

habeasdorkus posted:

Apparently the sim loves Mobley
It’s because he’s a stud irl op

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Played who go unsigned are free at the end? Or I guess $1?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

first come first serve. Makes it sound free but says they still count against your cap so I guess $1

quote:

Each day there will be players that aren't taken. Towards the end of the auction, maybe the last day or two, there will be a day where all of the undrafted/waived players are posted and it's first come first serve in the thread. No ninja edits. You can draft a player and waive them if you want, but they will still count against your cap.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lol I originally bid $23 for Mann then in a first ever move for me PM’d to adjust it. Very nice

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Paul Zuvella posted:

what in the gently caress
He had $55 left and went all in on PLUMLEE

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

We're never doing user votes

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Golden State Warriors (china klay) have signed Tyrese Maxey for $76.

(The next highest bid was $62.)
Nice

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Punkin Spunkin posted:

yeah kinda wishing id bid on White
Wishing I bid a bit higher on Obi Toppin, yesterday.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

china klay posted:

AG went for more than twice this so-called "notable" went for!
*After signing literally 0 guys on days 1-10* okay time to get serious and start bidding on the paralyzed antivaxxer

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Now the Steph and Zion signings, those are nice

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Crazy thing is even with an empty lineup he didn’t really reach at all for those guys. Everyone else was just nowhere to be found

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lol tiny has Steph/Spida/Klay/Zion

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

xbilkis posted:

Why did the Heat take on $130 worth of cap to get Keegan Murray. That's like all the money they had left. Someone's gonna buy James Harden for that much money in the next couple of days
It’s more fun to have Keegan Murray than the old root beer barrel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Some decent names on the no bids list today