Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

lol 3/12 points not even that bad considering their starting fixtures, sure put his foot in his mouth. or just wanted out without having to quit I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bournemouth have played Arsenal and Liverpool, it's not even been a bad return. He's completely right that they're going to struggle.

Potentially top mind games from him though to get one of the other prem jobs when they become vacant.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal
What ARE those stripes all about anyway?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

monkeytennis posted:

Need other sad sacks to know you’ve paid £3000 on a cardigan that looks like it’s from M&S

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
its not a nazi armband its just made to look like a nazi armband

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

monkeytennis posted:

Each represent a German pilot he shot down during the Battle of Britain

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

drat, I bet on it but I’m still shocked. What’s the record for number of managers a single club sacks in a season?

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

monkeytennis posted:

Number of premier league games in charge

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

NinpoEspiritoSanto posted:

Lmao

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

lol

McFlurry Fan #1
Dec 31, 2005

He can't kill me. I'm indestructible. Everybody knows that

Horrendously quick, I thought it would have taken a bit longer but getting smashed up and looking completely hopeless will make you more likely to get fired.

Biggest lols reserved for Stevie G's Villa who got beaten by them

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
drat that was quick, can't remember the last time somebody got fired in August (although yes, this season is different because of the early start)

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

I am legit amazed at this but apparently this is only the 11th earliest premier league sacking

https://twitter.com/OptaAnalyst/status/1564546347197399041?t=AKw0BJrTeGyCIz8C7rjBJg&s=19

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The mug clearly wanted to get sacked with all that defeatist talk. They lost 3 games they were very likely to lose and won the 1 game they could have but the way he was talking it's like he thought they were going to lose every game in a hammering and he accepted that.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Each stripe actually represents a million he’ll get in a payoff

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012
Stevie G had me a little worried, but I had faith in Parker to pull through, and getting beat 9-0 and then saying "yeah we're poo poo and we're going to see this a few times" is the sort of clutch play that I knew he had in him.

Now dry your eyes, mate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3J1fC11CBk

Edit: Jack Ross of Dundee united also got sacked today for getting beat 9-0 lol

Carrier
May 12, 2009

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

I am legit amazed at this but apparently this is only the 11th earliest premier league sacking

https://twitter.com/OptaAnalyst/status/1564546347197399041?t=AKw0BJrTeGyCIz8C7rjBJg&s=19

This article reminded me of the existence of Alan Curbishley. Given the roundabout of English managers I'm amazed he never appeared again after West Ham sacked him.

What I'm saying is, get him in Bournemouth.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

That’s a lot of Newcastle managers.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Carrier posted:

This article reminded me of the existence of Alan Curbishley. Given the roundabout of English managers I'm amazed he never appeared again after West Ham sacked him.

What I'm saying is, get him in Bournemouth.

He did really well with Charlton, and more people need to remember that.

(This can be said about both men.)

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

2004 was a bloodbath huh

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Each stripe actually represents a million he’ll get in a payoff

https://twitter.com/MatthewStanger/status/1564521898091941888?s=20&t=ZSpMAzvOe4D8wMBjc-TfiQ

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

monkeytennis posted:

For some reason I looked into this and it seems as though he exclusively wears clothes from some designer whose gimmick it is to charge insanely high prices for shirts with three white stripes on the arm.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

blue footed boobie posted:

For some reason I looked into this and it seems as though he exclusively wears clothes from some designer whose gimmick it is to charge insanely high prices for shirts with three white stripes on the arm.

There's four (4)

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

There's four (4)

That justifies the price then.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

That justifies the price then.

You think you'd be good at recounting the number 4 by now.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
there are three grey stripes, picard.jpg

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Shrapnig posted:

You think you'd be good at recounting the number 4 by now.

Arsenal haven’t finished fourth in a long time!!!!

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Blasmeister posted:

drat, I bet on it but I’m still shocked. What’s the record for number of managers a single club sacks in a season?

are we including that romanian club owned by an actual raving lunatic in this

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

the sex ghost posted:

Lmao at Scott Parker and his stupid cardigan

this is the real reason he was sacked and fair enough imo

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

FullLeatherJacket posted:

running the club from prison too!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
ive just spoken to the lads in the dressing room, and im sure they wont mind me saying this, but we'll probably eat a few more 9-0's

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!

lmao, reminder that football club owners are nothing more than a bunch of rich idiots playing with their toys

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Blasmeister posted:

Dunno if it’s the record but Watford must be in with a shout for the most in the Premier League. In the 2019/20 season they sacked 3 and finished with a caretaker manager.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

FullLeatherJacket posted:

If we’re including The Club Formerly Known as Steaua Bucharest, we have to include Palermo or Genoa or other Italian clubs owned by insane people

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

that’s right bitches, back to back, I am The Oracle

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Sandwolf posted:

that’s right bitches, back to back, I am The Oracle

You just copied me

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

You just copied me

tell that to the trophy I get biiiiiiitch

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Obligatory “do you get a trophy for that?”

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

Troy Queef posted:

If we’re including The Club Formerly Known as Steaua Bucharest, we have to include Palermo or Genoa or other Italian clubs owned by insane people

Seems unfair to include Italian clubs in this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

The Club Formerly Known as Steaua Bucharest

Huh! I learned something today.