Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What Scenario will you start with?
Prehistory (Caveman)
Imperial China (Martial Arts Master)
Edo Japan (Ninja)
Wild West (Cowboy)
Present Day (Wrasslin)
Near Future (Mecha)
Future (Sci Fi)
View Results

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

My postillion has been struck by lightning.

Arrrthritis posted:

I didn't realize until after I finished it that the blue wisps you see in the dungeon are interactable and The spirits of everyone from Lucrece, and Akira can read their minds to see what they think of current events. Highly recommend people go through it just to see what Hasshe, Streighbow, Uranus, and Alethea think of the current situation

I think my second-favourite moment of that entire chapter (other than the ending) was Streighbow's ghost going "hmm, I wonder if maybe this was all partly my fault".

This is a really good remake in general. The additions like QOL features and slightly expanded dialogue help to flesh out the game and make it a smoother experience without fundamentally changing what it is.

Thuryl fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

When I played Akira's chapter for the first time back in the day I was definitely a bit confused about the ending. But yeah, I think it's just meant to be "he survived, you figure out how". The interpretation I like to think happened is that the Liquefied Humans recognized that Akira had helped them get their revenge and chose to save him in the end.

Thuryl
Mar 14, 2007

surf rock posted:

Sorry, to clarify: is it worth the effort to do both the normal ending and the true ending, or only the true ending because there's nothing unique in the normal ending that you won't also get in the true ending?

Feel free to go ahead and do the true ending; the normal ending is basically just a truncated version of it.