Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What Scenario will you start with?
Prehistory (Caveman)
Imperial China (Martial Arts Master)
Edo Japan (Ninja)
Wild West (Cowboy)
Present Day (Wrasslin)
Near Future (Mecha)
Future (Sci Fi)
View Results

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
I hope the company that made this also decides to do a remaster/remake of Mother 3.

I've completed all chapters except for Near-Future and everything after that, and every one has been great so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

Harrow posted:

For when I get to the Edo Japan chapter: if I'm not going for a perfect pacifist run, should I care about how many guards I kill at all?

I think the only thing that matters is if you Get the prisoner out of jail or not, because there's a bad ending if you manage to beat Ode Iou without freeing them.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

God drat, the soundtrack for this game is so drat good.

Megalomania is great and all, but I really love the battle theme for the Middle Ages and the songs they made for the Wild West. Also, Clash in China.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Pyro Jack posted:

Just getting into the Western chapter and I'm just before the main gimmick of the chapter starts. The race to place traps in order to thin out the enemies' numbers. Got a couple of questions, how exactly hard is it and is there any advice that's important for it?

You could probably do it blind (and it's possible, albeit very difficult, to beat the boss without using any traps), but here's my tips if you want to go in prepared.

-Whenever mad dog offers to make bottled fire, take it.
-The Sheriff will ask if you're prepared. That's just him asking if you're ready to send people to make traps, it's not gonna skip you to the end.
-Some townsfolk will tell you how good they are at doing stuff, and some items are kind of character specific. You don't need to send everyone out to make traps- you can always wait for a faster character to come back and send them out again.
-I recommend scouting every building for items first and then telling people to make traps.
-You're making good time if you scout every building before the fourth bell.
-There's a trap you can make (coal pit I think?) that increases the duration of the 7th and 8th bell if you're pressed for time.
-If you find yourself with an excess of time, you can talk to the bartender and they will skip time until the next townperson comes back (or the wild gang arrives)

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

Looper posted:

only before you finish it! and you should because it's one of the more important ones

I didn't realize until after I finished it that the blue wisps you see in the dungeon are interactable and The spirits of everyone from Lucrece, and Akira can read their minds to see what they think of current events. Highly recommend people go through it just to see what Hasshe, Streighbow, Uranus, and Alethea think of the current situation