Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What Scenario will you start with?
Prehistory (Caveman)
Imperial China (Martial Arts Master)
Edo Japan (Ninja)
Wild West (Cowboy)
Present Day (Wrasslin)
Near Future (Mecha)
Future (Sci Fi)
View Results

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Unlucky7 posted:

Started on Near Future because I wanted to know if the theme had vocals for the remake. I was not disappointed.

Nintendo has a behind the scenes look at the new go go titan song and shows the singer is the same guy who sung “cha la head cha la” for dragon ball z.

Spent about 8 hours on various planes today and was able to clear 4 chapters leaving me with prehistoric left. I forgot that this chapter has you throwing poop and farting on enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Harrow posted:

For when I get to the Edo Japan chapter: if I'm not going for a perfect pacifist run, should I care about how many guards I kill at all?

Nah, you can kill as many or as few as you want.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy
If I want to get to level 16 in the prehistoric chapter is the best method to fight the endless guys in the caves near the end?

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Pyro Jack posted:

I got this game and recently finished the Imperial China chapter (since I picked it first in the demo). It's fun! The grid-based combat is pretty unique when you compare other RPGs at the time, the English voice-acting is really good and the 2D-HD look is really beautiful. Anyway, I focused on training Lei Kugo since she's probably the most beginner-friendly out of all of the disciples considering Yun is a late-bloomer and Hong's stats generally don't mesh well with some techniques he can use. Though, I decided to make two extra save files in case I want to focus on the other two disciples. I also decided to name the school "Fist of Rhalgr" because I'm a huge FFXIV nerd.

Since I've done one chapter, I've got 6 left. Any suggestions? I'm thinking on Present Day.

Present day is probably the fastest chapter, other than that I would say either near future or old west next.

It took me 20 years but I finally beat the king and got a cola bottle. Now I can finish the game. The updated battle system helped me see why it felt like he had infinite health.

Sonel
Sep 14, 2007
Lipstick Apathy

Pyro Jack posted:

It also doesn't help that some of the enemies are very resistant to Akira's special attacks, dealing usually 0 damage, especially if you have to beat them to automatically win the battle.

Anyway, beaten Near Future! Ended up leveling myself to 16 due to grinding bombs for crafting. Also no-one really calls Matsu by the name of Lawless except for one Crusader mook, maybe two.

So onto Twilight of Edo Japan! Hopefully the player character is less squishy than the one in Near Future.

The general calls him Matsui then says he goes by Lawless now before you fight Watanabes dad.