Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What Scenario will you start with?
Prehistory (Caveman)
Imperial China (Martial Arts Master)
Edo Japan (Ninja)
Wild West (Cowboy)
Present Day (Wrasslin)
Near Future (Mecha)
Future (Sci Fi)
View Results

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I'm already four stories in and loving it, but question: does changing protagonist names actually affect anything? Doesn't seem like it--doesn't seem any name is actually said. But like, idk, kinda wanna rename some of em for fun amd wanna make sure there isn't some stupid unforseen downside to it

Edit: thing is, I've already played prehistory, but since the name doesn't matter at all at least for that one, I really wish I had named him something that didn't make me think of Gacy

Terra-da-loo! fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 6, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.

Glagha posted:

It just changes what name is displayed whenever someone says it. It's never voice acted because you can change it

That's what I figured. So like, in present he'd just be like "everyone will know my name..." out loud, but the name under it will say Stinkerton or whatever, right? Like, u was wondering there cause I changed the name and he didn't say it but I was like "I wonder if he had said the original name..."

But yeah, nah, got it. Thanks.

Terra-da-loo!
Apr 6, 2008

Sufficiently kickass.
I have been juggling multiple games lately, so I've not played much of LAL since I got to the middle ages portion, but... I just wanna say that, like, what I have played has been fairly genius and excellently made. I wonder what its legacy would be if this game had gotten an international release when it was new.