Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What Scenario will you start with?
Prehistory (Caveman)
Imperial China (Martial Arts Master)
Edo Japan (Ninja)
Wild West (Cowboy)
Present Day (Wrasslin)
Near Future (Mecha)
Future (Sci Fi)
View Results

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
I've played six chapters, and started on Near Future as the seventh. This version has sanded off the rough edges of the original and generally been an extremely solid improvement.

Sure, they made cigars into jerky, and removed some references to women's underwear. And humanity's first word is no longer Love... but also I got to tell a man I'd suck his mama's tits, so overall I heartily approve.

Oh, and the music. The glorious new takes on what were already some of the SNES's best tunes. The amount of sheer sax in some of them.
:discourse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Last Celebration posted:

Just finishing Prehistory, but lol that they got Vegeta’s JP voice actor to play the smug dickhead rival character, perfect. There’s supposed to be super boss, right? Am I right in figuring that if I wither need to restart the chapter entirely or even if I can still fight it I might as well restart to have Beri with me?
No need to worry, all the secrets and the bonus boss are only available right before the final boss room's door.

EclecticTastes posted:

I'd spout off more trivia, but I already soft-hijacked YappingEevee's old LP of the SNES version doing that.
Hey, pal. :haw: You added a lot of cool stuff, and surely improved the experience. And are still discovering neat secrets, it seems!

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

EclecticTastes posted:

I ate an apple on a hot mic I didn't realize was picking it up during that stream at the end of the LP. No just God will forgive my sins. :negative:

Also I totally missed that Gibson was probably not referring to Mel Gibson (Maverick came out the same year as Live A Live and also was barely a western), but rather Hoot Gibson, an old western actor from the earliest days of the genre. So there's some Special Bonus Director's Cut trivia.
Given I managed to waste the first 40m of that stream due to forgetting to save and getting stomped, I think you're fine. :v:

Speaking of, I am rather annoyed the Switch disables screencaps for the end of the Middle Ages chapter.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Unlucky7 posted:

I am in the middle of the Final Chapter and with all the improvements letting it shine it feels simultaneously ahead of its time and of its time.
I'm partway through this myself, and I have to say that it was an extremely welcome change to have everyone bring their whole inventory with them, not just what they had equipped.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.
Yes, in the remake you get it all, whichever was really surprising. In the original it was definitely only what the lead character had equipped.