Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What Scenario will you start with?
Prehistory (Caveman)
Imperial China (Martial Arts Master)
Edo Japan (Ninja)
Wild West (Cowboy)
Present Day (Wrasslin)
Near Future (Mecha)
Future (Sci Fi)
View Results

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Novasol posted:

100 kills isn't much better - you have to leave certain people alive so they trigger events later.

Do you get an actual reward for 100 kills, and is it possible to have hosed myself out of it in the available demo content? I wanna do it, but if it's not that big a deal, I won't stress not getting all 100 if there's no true acknowledgement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Hot tip for the Edo superbosses - they can be poisoned with Poison Mist. It lands a lot more often on the samurai than on the fish, but they're both eventually subsceptible to it and it does way way way way more damage if you land it than basically any actual attack you can do, and you can just play defensively once it lands to keep yourself safe.

Also I grinded a lot more for King Mammoth than just level 10... I got to 18, using the power of a turbo button in the Kuu Village. I had less accuracy problems with Pogo that way, but Gori struggled to hit it most of the time anyway. Maybe that means I'll be omega overpowered later, but I'm sure it's fine...

Alxprit fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 25, 2022

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

https://twitter.com/ChristineAnloff/status/1551335124637102080

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Last Celebration posted:

Finally beat King Mammoth! Question for stuff I kind of know from looking too much at YouTube comments of the original SFC OST:

i know there’s a final act where you recruit your protagonists from the other era or something along those lines. Since the Prehistory section has

Completed: Pogo Level 5
Current: Pogo level 13

Does that mean the game’s gonna go with the clear file data stats and not the current one, and that I’ll need to beat the campaign again (not that I’d especially mind, I might just do it again for the hell of it tbh) for my fully leveled character with all his combat skills to be the one that gets used for the vague spoiler thing?

Yes you gotta beat the chapter again. It'll make new complete save data.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Now that I'm in the final chapter proper I really don't think the Cola Bottle is meant to be in this game. like it is, but it isn't, you get me? It's just *way* too absurdly good, it invalidates almost anything else anyone can do in terms of doing damage and can be used for free with no charge time an infinite amount of times.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Masaru gets really swole with his ultimate weapon. He can also use Taeko's Furious Fist from Akira's chapter if you still have one of those. I just like seeing him grow from level 2, he gets a lot of HP and quickly maxes out his important stats. The only unfortunate thing is if you did successfully learn all of his cool attacks he doesn't learn anything else as he levels, which makes it a little less exciting than seeing the ultimate moves for characters like Sundown or Akira or being able to get that free unlimited use Heavenly Peaks' Descent for your disciple. I had him in my final party in the original, but I'm probably gonna change it up this time.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Uhh, she will still counter-heal if you attack her from very far away, but if you're in range she will counter-attack instead. Feels like the trick to the whole thing.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

I think items on the wall still disappear forever.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

Nice. I thought I remembered one being gone when I played, but nice.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

MachuPikacchu posted:

I'm aware that there is a hidden pair of shoes in Twilight of Edo Japan that grants protection against all statuses or something, and that the name is a play on words or something. Can anyone tell me what it is?

The name is Geta-load-of-these-Geta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

yeah, Megalovania is "INSPIRED" by Megalomania, but they don't really have a similar melody at all