Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

bartok posted:

Nobody Likes Onions is a show I haven't thought about in years. I only listened to a handful of episodes mostly the ones Mike were on but never really liked it enough to listen regularly. Mike and Patrick Melton had this weird on and off friendship back in the early days of Redbar.

I wish someone had uploaded the clip, I’ll do it later when I have time, but it’s sort of involved.. but basically there’s this Redbar rip-off called steel toe that Patrick melton has come out of hiatus solely to poo poo on, and in like 2015 mike did the whole Melton watch thing which made Patrick have a meltdown and I think as a result, he like kind of quit doing the show as regularly. So mike was just saying how proud he was of Patrick for doing to someone else what he did to Patrick, and it was great. Here’s a clip of mike talking about the show that Patrick is making GBS threads on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ann2oK9i_k

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

"I look like a fishing lure for Tim Dillon"

Pretty behind. I just started E27 but that had me dying.

I feel like Mike's politics can be debated for eternity, but to me the best way to put it is that Mike is an equal opportunity troll to those that deserve it, left or right. He's like a bloodhound for lovely grifting podcasters/comedians like H3H3 and Cumia.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 10, 2023

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I'd say that's accurate, and probably one reason most who affiliate with either party hate him based on clips.

Same with fandoms of comedians/podcasts he covers.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Redbar is just anti-BAD GUY. I think everyone can get behind that

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
Another hit episode, jules. The mark Normand bit with him being picky about his breakfast on Bert kreischer’s show was like, *the* quintessential Redbar segment, just mike being pedantic and spiteful as hell and rewinding it every few seconds to show you what’s happened to the cheese, or how he poured that weird bowl of tomatoes onto his plate. Then at the end Mike just says ‘we don’t really know what all of this means…’ lol

Also the Melton stuff is so funny, it’s insane. That Sam’s Club Redbar show is just so loving bad, I really can’t imagine what that kind of existence would be like, taking $3 super chats and ‘having’ to just read whatever the message is, and in this video there’s like 2 or 3 messages just calling his wife ugly or something.
(Also holy poo poo @ 12:27 lmaoo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhOVOMS8wo

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch

imhotep posted:

Another hit episode, jules. The mark Normand bit with him being picky about his breakfast on Bert kreischer’s show was like, *the* quintessential Redbar segment, just mike being pedantic and spiteful as hell and rewinding it every few seconds to show you what’s happened to the cheese, or how he poured that weird bowl of tomatoes onto his plate. Then at the end Mike just says ‘we don’t really know what all of this means…’ lol

Also the Melton stuff is so funny, it’s insane. That Sam’s Club Redbar show is just so loving bad, I really can’t imagine what that kind of existence would be like, taking $3 super chats and ‘having’ to just read whatever the message is, and in this video there’s like 2 or 3 messages just calling his wife ugly or something.
(Also holy poo poo @ 12:27 lmaoo)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIhOVOMS8wo

im outside your house!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Does Mike ever talk about his comedy club takeover by Kyle Lane and sahar anymore

What about when Dean Carlson(?) Stole his girlfriend Katy and took her back to Deerborn MI

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

John Romero posted:

im outside your house!

holy poo poo it’s Sam Tripoli

Smugworth posted:

Does Mike ever talk about his comedy club takeover by Kyle Lane and sahar anymore

What about when Dean Carlson(?) Stole his girlfriend Katy and took her back to Deerborn MI

He removed every episode from the archive with Kyle and any episode that mentioned Kyle after the lawsuit, and hasn’t mentioned him since afaik. Haven’t heard him talk about Dean, but I’m not as sure about that, but I’ve mostly listened to the stuff from season 17 to now, anything earlier is just kind of dated and also mike is just funnier now

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

We need to paint inspirational murals in urban areas.
They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
It says "may ur dreams soar forever...."
That Mark Normand segment was so stupid LMAO. Steel Toe Morning Show looks atrocious (but in a fun way), I hope to see more of them. Lets get those numbers up!

imhotep posted:

Yeah he really is hilarious, which gives his criticisms a legitimacy, he’s just way funnier than all of the podcasts he covers and like any stand up. I’m always kind of shocked by how small his audience is, but people really can’t get over the fact that he shits on like every other podcast in a very brutal way and then I think a lot of people think it’s just like a drama show (which it kind of is, but really it’s just a vehicle for Mike to say funny poo poo about) or that he’s like keemstar or h3h3 so they don’t give it a chance. One time he was telling a story about him getting into a weird confrontation in public with a bunch of people at a dispensary or something and jules said ‘you get under people’s skin more than anyone I’ve ever met’ and it really is true lol.

If you haven’t seen the current season, there’s obviously tons of clips on YouTube, but every other episode is on his website for free. They’re usually around 8 hours long, which I thought would be too much at first, but it’s really like the only format that I think would work for Mike, and he manages to be funny for the entire stream. But yeah you can watch them at https://www.redbarradio.net
(Also I noticed you also like cum town, which is funny because I also discovered cum town around the same time and got really into it, and before I discovered Redbar like a year ago, it was one of the only comedy podcasts or shows period, and Redbar is like the only other thing that makes me laugh consistently)

I went ahead and bought a membership. I like it.

Cum Town was good, but I haven't listened in a long time. All I listen to is Qanon Anonymous (and now Redbar).

quote:

This clip is one of my favorite moments from this season, trashing the guy who runs the Babylon bee when he went on joe Rogan, and saying things about his kids that I think crosses the line for a lot of people, but it made me like tear up from laughter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoieONmtLqo

lol

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Smugworth posted:

Honestly hard to care about anything Mike did pre-Jules, he was a smug little manlet and I didn't find the show very watchable.

bartok
May 10, 2006

JayJay posted:

Honestly hard to care about anything Mike did pre-Jules, he was a smug little manlet and I didn't find the show very watchable.

I think the period before Mike meets Kyle Lane is pretty fun when he'd have comedian guests. I also liked when Dean and James Fritz were co-hosts. I only really started getting back into the show when I found out he wasn't a right wing piece of poo poo thanks to this thread.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chainz Fritz

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
I forgot that I bought this weird ebook on Amazon that’s no longer for sale, I would imagine mike got it removed. But it’s very weird, i uploaded a couple pages, but all of the writing is like this. Apparently it isn’t a simple process to upload an ebook from Amazon, but it’s not that long so I’ll try to screenshot every page and make a pdf to upload, if any of the old heads wants to read it

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

bartok posted:

I think the period before Mike meets Kyle Lane is pretty fun when he'd have comedian guests. I also liked when Dean and James Fritz were co-hosts. I only really started getting back into the show when I found out he wasn't a right wing piece of poo poo thanks to this thread.

Wow, yeah. I was a big listener of his starting 2006 maybe, along with Nobody Likes Onions. I stopped listening to NLO because I was sick of all the loving poker talk but kept listening to Red Bar, all the way through until the comedy club thing. I don't think that was ever resolved in public. After that he had less and less comedy guests on and then this Sven guy would pop up and I lost interest.

Good to hear he's not gone full chud, which was a concern. He's still an edgelord but at least an equal opportunity poo poo-stirrer, which I can appreciate.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

All i'm saying is we need to end athletic wear based racism.

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
free imhotep

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

mark immune posted:

free imhotep

no dude gently caress no

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

mark immune posted:

free imhotep

What a betrayal, I didn’t expect that… although I do trust him as an IK for that thread more than basically everyone else

I posted this in the BBG and Mike liked it and jules commented ‘I laughed!’
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60J98SyE0yY

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

They got one here of a hotdog stabbin Ghandi while he's sittin on the toilet cryin.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uFBw1WIzKg

I don't know why, but I loved this segment.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
me too, sometimes i just randomly think about 'photoshopped pic? why' and lol. and i posted it on on one of bryan callen's instagram pics of him and kirstie alley when she died, and he deleted it.

edit: mark immune, did you actually ever listen to redbar or did you just say that you liked it that one time to spite the haters in the cum town thread

imhotep fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Mar 25, 2023

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

yeah i have found several get headbar segments loving hilarious, ty for posting them. never heard of him before you posted, and i think i know why, even luis j gomez is like "this guys too much" cuz of mikes "gently caress the entire industry" attitude.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

JayJay posted:

All i'm saying is we need to end athletic wear based racism.

It’s hosed
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eaz-Mfw8VG0

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

why does mike go by Redbar? i hope someone can help, tia

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think his original co-host from like 20 years ago went by Ronnie Redbar

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

Smugworth posted:

I think his original co-host from like 20 years ago went by Ronnie Redbar

car crash sound

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

mark immune posted:

It’s a play on ‘get headbar’

(But for real I don’t actually know, I’ll ask my good friend and elder Redbar rich member Zander if he knows the lore)

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

imhotep posted:

It’s a play on ‘get headbar’

(But for real I don’t actually know, I’ll ask my good friend and elder Redbar rich member Zander if he knows the lore)

imhotep did redbar say anything about bill burr yeeting cumia from the comedy cellar

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

John Romero posted:

imhotep did redbar say anything about bill burr yeeting cumia from the comedy cellar

not yet, he hasnt done a show in a few weeks, and that happened somewhat recently right? idk why cumia thinks he can tweet all of the insane poo poo that he does and then still be friends with people who aren't on like an FBI list of domestic terrorists. im surprised joe rogan had him on somewhat recently, or within the last year or two, but i would be surprised if he's ever on rogan again

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

mark immune posted:

I asked Zander and he sent me a link to the episode, Mike explains at like 29 minutes in:
https://redbarradio.net/archives/10-15-14

I tried to clip it but it hosed up and it’s a fairly long segment, but basically Mike said that in college he and a few students in his class were assigned a project to just make a film, so they took some cameras to Orlando and just looked for ideas for things to shoot, and they found this guy sort of rambling on the street and I think Mike was already filming when they found him so he just kept recording and he basically interviewed him for like 30-40 minutes. The guy’s name is Curtis Victor Scott and he’s obsessed with Rush, and he says that Neil Peart has a son, but he doesn’t know it, implying that he’s his son, I think. But at one point he says something about the Rush song ‘Red Barchetta’ and they thought he was saying ‘Redbar Jetta’, so they just chose Redbar when they were thinking of names for their production company/show. Mike says that a lot of his mannerisms and character were inspired by this guy’s rant, and it is pretty interesting from the bit of it that I saw that Mike plays in that episode. I guess they tried to find Curtis after they graduated and it up missing person signs with his picture around Orlando and couldn’t find him, but eventually they found an article or online about him getting arrested and I guess he was still in jail or prison when that episode aired.

John Romero posted:

Holy poo poo did you see cumia chimping out because he was trying to sign into cozy.tv and couldn’t for whatever reason and started yelling at Nick fuentes telling him to fix it and dropping all the slurs? He gets so mad that he says ‘Fix your [f slur] site Nick’ and also ‘your site is [n word]’, like he’s just so mad that he can’t even use slurs correctly anymore, it’s really insane.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 03:58 on Apr 11, 2023

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

imhotep posted:

I asked Zander and he sent me a link to the episode, Mike explains at like 29 minutes in:
https://redbarradio.net/archives/10-15-14

I tried to clip it but it hosed up and it’s a fairly long segment, but basically Mike said that in college he and a few students in his class were assigned a project to just make a film, so they took some cameras to Orlando and just looked for ideas for things to shoot, and they found this guy sort of rambling on the street and I think Mike was already filming when they found him so he just kept recording and he basically interviewed him for like 30-40 minutes. The guy’s name is Curtis Victor Scott and he’s obsessed with Rush, and he says that Neil Peart has a son, but he doesn’t know it, implying that he’s his son, I think. But at one point he says something about the Rush song ‘Red Barchetta’ and they thought he was saying ‘Redbar Jetta’, so they just chose Redbar when they were thinking of names for their production company/show. Mike says that a lot of his mannerisms and character were inspired by this guy’s rant, and it is pretty interesting from the bit of it that I saw that Mike plays in that episode. I guess they tried to find Curtis after they graduated and it up missing person signs with his picture around Orlando and couldn’t find him, but eventually they found an article or online about him getting arrested and I guess he was still in jail or prison when that episode aired.

Holy poo poo did you see cumia chimping out because he was trying to sign into cozy.tv and couldn’t for whatever reason and started yelling at Nick fuentes telling him to fix it and dropping all the slurs? He gets so mad that he says ‘Fix your [f slur] site Nick’ and also ‘your site is [n word]’, like he’s just so mad that he can’t even use slurs correctly anymore, it’s really insane.

get headbar jetta

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

John Romero posted:

here u go john romero https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwenHKULfvk

Edit: lmao
https://twitter.com/keemstar/status/1646278684804890624?s=46&t=IjLeOmd2e-buUYr2SwfFPA

imhotep fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Apr 15, 2023

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

This is enough caffeine to fuel my entire Saturday working in the yard.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

i dont hate this guy when hes funny hes funny but how the gently caress does someone watch more that 30 min

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

John Romero posted:

i dont hate this guy when hes funny hes funny but how the gently caress does someone watch more that 30 min

In a month you’ll be a scars club member, they say ‘give it a year’ for a reason, you can even see it happen in this thread w evil agita. But yeah I mean I thought the same at first and just watched the YouTube clips, but then I started watching the entire episodes and somehow he manages to be funny pretty consistently throughout. But even if you don’t ever watch the episodes as a whole, you can at least look at the list of topics they covered and just check out what you’re interested in like the cumia stuff and that alone is almost the length of a podcast

but lol at him saying this is a milestone in his ongoing mission to be involved in the demise of cumia. Also the bit about ‘the morbidly deceased comedian, Patrice o neal’ is a good example of how Mike gets so many people to hate him.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

im gonna be real with you man if i had that much time to dedicate to something like this i would fuckin dome myself

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

John Romero posted:

Over a week or more, like 30 mins at a time during spreadsheet upkeep at work. Don't got time for that poo poo live. Plenty of podcasts do multiple hour long podcasts that are far less entertaining, I guess.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

John Romero posted:

im gonna be real with you man if i had that much time to dedicate to something like this i would fuckin dome myself

i mean, this is like the only podcast i listen to, and i listen to the adam friedland show as well, but lately i've been skipping episodes, and-

JayJay posted:

Over a week or more, like 30 mins at a time during spreadsheet upkeep at work. Don't got time for that poo poo live. Plenty of podcasts do multiple hour long podcasts that are far less entertaining, I guess.

^^ this and he only does one long show every like 3 or so weeks, so it ends up being about the same amount of stuff as any other podcast, like 2 hours or so per week. also i'm always doing something else while i'm listening, it basically also works as an audio only show

mousetrench
Apr 3, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j31zKI1zjk

This had me rolling.

It amuses me that Owen Benjamin loves Redbar. I used to "fools watch" Owen back in the day and he's completely nuts. Not a good dude, but to his credit he's not phony or a grifter. He's more like a child. I'd take him over a Josh Denny or a Crowder any day.

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES

mousetrench posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j31zKI1zjk

This had me rolling.

It amuses me that Owen Benjamin loves Redbar. I used to "fools watch" Owen back in the day and he's completely nuts. Not a good dude, but to his credit he's not phony or a grifter. He's more like a child. I'd take him over a Josh Denny or a Crowder any day.

it's always funny when anyone mentions redbar, just because of how giddy it makes mike and he doesn't try to hide it at all. but for sure, owen benjamin is infinitely funnier than josh denny or crowder, and it's also funny that he exposed gavin and josh denny's stupid 'prank' where he faked getting arrested. also watching this again i just remembered on a recent episode he mentioned that owen benjamin still likes him 'even after i said i wanted his kids dead in coffins' lol

imhotep fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Apr 21, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imhotep
Nov 16, 2009

REDBAR INTENSIFIES
New free ep, very funny episode from what I saw live
https://redbarradio.net/shows/red-bar-radio-s20-e30

lmao the redbar's watching contest and the light news song contest winners are getting 1000 one dollar bills in the mail. and holy poo poo, mike isn't joking about how lovely some of the poo poo people posted in the facebook group was insane.

imhotep fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Apr 22, 2023