Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

6-8 hour episodes is a bit much

Who remembers krang and chainz fritz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

bartok posted:

One of my favorite pranks calls is unfortunately near impossible to find probably for legal reasons. It involved Mike convincing Marty DeRosa to do a Tom Papa impression and call up a comedy club to say he had to cancel an upcoming show.

That was a good one

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Donkey Lips is a loser like Goodburger Kel
Maybe I'm the crazy one but does anybody remember the old Red Bar show? It was really good, Mike David used to riff with young Chicago comedians, TJ Miller, Hannibal, I think he had Kumail on once or twice. Mike Bridenstine, David Angelo, Drew Michael, Junior Stopka. Many more. He got an official co-host, Dean Carlson, and opened a "comedy club" show before some nightclub opened with Kyle Lane. He did a long teaser about how he went to Elan school, which was this creepy kidnap your kids and put them in fight club boarding school that turned into a Netflix doc eventually. And then I guess he alienated everyone, Kyle Lane hooked up with former show producer Sahar and took over the comedy club. Dean Carlson took Mike's then live in girlfriend Katie and moved back to Michigan to sell cars or something. And I guess he has no friends now besides his wife Jules.

Dude's history is crazy but it feels like all the current podcast fans weren't around for the 2007-2015 podcast era or whenever the real comedian podcast Cumtown goldrush happened.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

They're both weirdo podcast men from the early days before everyone had a podcast

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Does anybody remember when Hannibal used to come on Red Bar Radio? TJ Miller? David Angelo?

Quite the heel turn but not entirely unexpected given the takeover years ago.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Does Mike ever talk about his comedy club takeover by Kyle Lane and sahar anymore

What about when Dean Carlson(?) Stole his girlfriend Katy and took her back to Deerborn MI

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Chainz Fritz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I think his original co-host from like 20 years ago went by Ronnie Redbar