Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Redbar is great but his web developer is such trash, you can tell Mike pays him with Jules toe shots and a contractually obligated shout out once a year. Legitimately the only reason I don't pay is because of the website being such trash. They don't even have a way to notify me when they go live.

With that said, theres legitimately no other podcast I watch religiously, and he's ruined so many other podcasts for me it kind of sucks. I don't even agree with most of his politics but I still find it hilarious when he trashes the conservative free speech griftermedians.

The recent stuff with "Redbar's watching" is extra hilarious because it's not even mean or anything, like comedians have to deal with some insane heckling and the word redbar strikes such fear into these comedians that they would become violent during a set. Its fascinating because these guys all surround themselves with these networks of yes-friends and yes-fans and as soon as someone like Mike puts them under a magnifying glass they set on fire and meltdown.

Waiting patiently for episode 17, it's the only time I drink whiskey, hope he doesn't take another year off for his vaccine induced monkeypox.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

He’s live rn, this is my scars club link so don’t tell Mike https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psEWU6Oe8dA

poo poo, I missed it, but i'd rather watch it tonight so I can keep up with his alcoholism without worrying about work in the morning.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Ban stream was great. I know they don't want to pay for bandwidth, and don't blame them there, but there has to be a better option than imbedding youtube. He's probably just getting mass reported by one of the fools. Maybe its just my browser, but I cant even pause the drat stream VOD's for 5 minutes without it disconnecting until I refresh the page. I'd pay just for that not to happen.

There needs to be a redbar rally similar to the trump boat parades, but with a hundred seahawks.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

But yeah I’ve been loving the last few episodes because of Mike’s random stories that have nothing to do with fools, like the dispensary incident story, and this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAjPR6NpQp0

I really want to believe these littles stories are all true and Mike is essentially "redbar your enthusiasm" IRL. The way that Jules is able to go along with them makes me believe they are.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Thanks, been so drat busy at work I haven't had a chance to catch up until tonight. Glad to know VOD Mike is going to be as drunk as me in a few hours.

Edit: This post is brought to you by Established Titles. :frogc00l:

JayJay fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Dec 3, 2022

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

I've been so busy i'm only 3 hours into the thanksgiving episode. I find it hilarious though...

Mike cooking hotdogs: Spends $1000 on a hot dog machine, buns, dogs, an entire special episode.
Mike cooking thanksgiving Turkey: Buy's a turkey, throws some bay leaves on it, tosses it in the oven, side skit.

Edit: Ok that was some real drunk poo poo with the dreidel "chicken", i'm dying here. He doesn't even realize this is a Ye' prediction!

JayJay fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Dec 7, 2022

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

"You're either a gun guy or you're a human being. What good is a gun, in like, a keypad safe."

"I'm at the outback steakhouse chasing a flipping gun, everyones watching me, ahhh sorry about this!"

I love Redbar. Episode to episode he can piss off every single side of the aisle.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

Yeah for sure, but he seems to go on rants in like every episode now which have been making a bunch of commenters mad, specifically this one which even made people in the BBG on Facebook say something about it and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone in there criticize Mike otherwise at like 22:40:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PEuCjeArtQ

And I was also thinking of his gun takes, because he was complaining about how the only people who have strict rules about what you can and can’t do with guns are conservatives, like IRL specifically, obviously democrats want more gun regulations, but i feel like it is true that conservatives in general will be more like uptight and have more ‘rules’ in general.

Yea I really don't lean one way or another, call me a fence sitter or whatever, to be honest i've watched some of both the left and right leaning fools that Mike covers, mostly in the past since he's ruined them all. Shoot, I didn't even think Ryan Long was that bad... but man that Kill Tony ep ruined him hard for me. That was painful to watch.

I've never been in the BBG so i'm not sure how they lean but as a light "gun guy" myself, I found that whole rant pretty hilarious, and it seemed like it was just a joke based on Jules reactions. Plus theres definitely some truth to it, even though I dislike most gun regulation, sometime's cons can be so uptight about guns that they scare away newcomers to the hobby. Or newcomers just don't go and train with their firearms because they're scared/intimidated, which is worse for safety overall.

Edit: Dying at the Knowles segment, they start scrolling and theres like 3 videos out of 40 played. Also coincidental Mike talking about watching both sides as I posted this.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Dec 20, 2022

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

Holy gently caress bartok have you seen the Josh Denny spy tape that was recorded last year? Someone went to a Josh Denny corporate gig and wore ‘spy glasses’ and sat at the same table as Josh and his girlfriend, it’s insane and it’s one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. I think it’s season 19 episode 29, which isn’t free, but I was thinking about clipping it anyways, even if I just kept it unlisted and posting it here. How do you watch scars club stuff, besides the weird workaround that I’ve been posting? I meant to ask Jay Jay that as well, because it seems like he’s been watching regularly for a while, before this thread was made.
https://redbarradio.net/archives/red-bar-radio-s19-e29

Sorry holidays and a laptop swap kept me busy.

I actually started watching at the beginning of last season, but I did join scars club the month before Mike disappeared so I cancelled shortly after I realized the live eps weren't coming back for a while. Watched quite a few archives that month and I watched clips on YT of him over the year he was gone. Some of those clips are just weird, seeing Mike with black hair, looking like the manlet he used to be. :lmao: But for real, after watching some of his old shows, this new format with Jules is the most watchable its ever been to me. Im glad he doesn't have many guests on anymore, I remember he had nerdcity or whatever that guys name was last season and it was a bit of a cringefest. Mike needs to self-contain or his persona loses some of the allure. You just reminded me I have an episode to catch, happy new year to me!

Josh Denny has paid off so big for Redbar, he really knows how to choose them. That was one of the clips that made me fall in love with the show last season. (And the hot dog episode is pure amazing.)

Edit: Im so glad Mike isn't an Idubbz fan.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Jan 1, 2023

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Watching the new ep now. Mikes "webmaster" tried to block the old method via direct referral, but you can literally just swap out the name in the inspect tool on any video and watch the new one. I'll probably just pay up now that Mike is actually keeping a semi-decent schedule and didn't bail after the new year.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

haha yeah that was a fun episode, the surprise hella mark harley interview and seeing everyone in the chat freak out and then immediately get bored of mark rambling was very good. im trying to write a theme for light news rn, but i'm not sure what kind of 'genre' or whatever to do, but i'm excited to see everyone else's entries next week

It's like I said, Mike just works best contained, guest interviews are total cringe. Jules had the right idea, 5 minutes for the convo and they get cut off no matter what. Hella Mark and everything around that has been great though.

With that said, the last three episodes have a ton of moments that rival some of my top favorite episodes. I have disliked Fantano for such a long time and my fingers are crossed that he becomes a regular fool. The Bill Maher stuff continues to be incredibly entertaining with Breaking Alcoholism. The rants and the jokes have been great. Hila Klein workout video reviews just need to be a series of its own. British Salvo song, Cumia coverage, Milf Manor. Mikes workout routines. Redban going off the rails.

Honestly just too much to even cover, this (mid?)season is starting off hella mark strong. Guess I need to try and join the facebook group now that i'm paying up.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

I'm only 3 hours in and the new ep has had me rolling the entire time. The first fools funeral bit oh man lol

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

"I look like a fishing lure for Tim Dillon"

Pretty behind. I just started E27 but that had me dying.

I feel like Mike's politics can be debated for eternity, but to me the best way to put it is that Mike is an equal opportunity troll to those that deserve it, left or right. He's like a bloodhound for lovely grifting podcasters/comedians like H3H3 and Cumia.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Mar 10, 2023

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Smugworth posted:

Does Mike ever talk about his comedy club takeover by Kyle Lane and sahar anymore

What about when Dean Carlson(?) Stole his girlfriend Katy and took her back to Deerborn MI

Honestly hard to care about anything Mike did pre-Jules, he was a smug little manlet and I didn't find the show very watchable.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

All i'm saying is we need to end athletic wear based racism.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

This is enough caffeine to fuel my entire Saturday working in the yard.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

John Romero posted:

i dont hate this guy when hes funny hes funny but how the gently caress does someone watch more that 30 min

Over a week or more, like 30 mins at a time during spreadsheet upkeep at work. Don't got time for that poo poo live. Plenty of podcasts do multiple hour long podcasts that are far less entertaining, I guess.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Still catching up on the 4/20 episode and i'm dying at the H3H3 twitter segment...

https://twitter.com/h3h3productions

Verified badge. Is Mike ever wrong about fools?

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Grevling posted:

lol at Mike Tyson picking him up and nuzzling him at the end

I was so uncomfortable with that entire segment of videos.

imhotep posted:

also there was a new episode today, im excited to see what he says about steven crowder

Im fuckin' dead already at the Crowder opening. Jules is stunning and brave for dealing with the years of abuse.

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

This might be a self own depending on why he's covering him, but I always get a sinking feeling when I see someone in the description that i've enjoyed.

"NEW ENEMY: Jelly Roll"

To be fair though, i've only listened to his music and know next to nothing about him aside from him being massively fat.

Edit: Ok, i'm pretty ok with this. Mike acknowledged his voice is angelic at least.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 15:50 on May 23, 2023

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

imhotep posted:

Could be a self own: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTIhMwLKuSE

Although I haven’t seen the Redbar segment yet, I’ve just seen Brendan schaub bring him up before in a video with Theo von, and Theo was basically making fun of him to his face and referencing the fact that brendan’s wife is sick of his poo poo and that he’s cheated on her, etc.

Oof, yea I need the separate the two, I tend to give musicians a pass because there'd be so little music to listen to if you paid attention to all the dumb poo poo they say.

I had no idea he was part of the fool sphere though, its confusing because his estimated networth is at like 10 million and he doesn't really need the popularity. His "Son of a sinner" song is being played constantly on the radio right now.

Disappointing to say the least, but I can't help but enjoy his sound.

At this point I think his "reaction" to redbar is going to determine if I hate him in a year or not. :lol:

Edit: Losing it during the sandwich making, mike sweating, arguing with jules and mayoing everything.

JayJay fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 24, 2023

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Did the fools get hotep, blink twice if you're not ok hotep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayJay
Jun 16, 2005

TEHHHHHH Jetplane!

Sometimes I really want to just pause my billing every month until a few episodes are up because I think "Oh its been like 3 weeks surely theres a new ep or two waiting" and nothing. Last two were great though. Imhotep RIP you will always be remembered for your fools service.