Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bartok
May 10, 2006

LOL Red Bar Radio is still a thing? That was one of the first podcast I listened to. I quit listening during the comedy club fiasco. Is Wreckless Media Radio still a thing? How about Nobody Likes Onions? drat getting nostalgic for old lovely podcasts.

edit- I always liked this clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2D58JsVdfs

bartok fucked around with this message at 21:43 on Jul 25, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

bop bop perano posted:

Lol it’s funny hearing him talk to people other than Jules, I think after the comedy club thing he got paranoid about having other people on, I guess his old co host sued him for like 500 grand, but I don’t know if he won the law suit or not. I don’t know what Wreckless Media is, and I don’t think Nobody Likes Onions is a thing anymore, but Josh Denny is still around and sometimes Patrick Melton shows up here and there. In the episode from a couple weeks ago (https://redbarradio.net/shows/red-bar-radio-s20-e06) he watches josh Denny on some guy’s podcast and he makes fun of him because only two people are watching and one of them is Mike, who’s taking screenshots to make fun of it on Redbar, and to point out that the only other person watching it is only watching is also hate watching him. Which is maybe the only time I’ve ever felt bad for someone who Mike is making fun of.

Is he still making GBS threads on the guy who played Donkey Lips from Salute Your Shorts?

I quit listening because it got sad and not very funny after the entire Chicago comedy scene turned their back on him except for Drew Michael who you could tell was politely trying to distance himself from Mike. After that I heard from Street Fight Radio that he was part of Compound Media and just assumed the worst.

bartok
May 10, 2006

One of my favorite pranks calls is unfortunately near impossible to find probably for legal reasons. It involved Mike convincing Marty DeRosa to do a Tom Papa impression and call up a comedy club to say he had to cancel an upcoming show.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I have been watching clips of Mike making fun of Josh Denny. Always makes me happy thinking about how Josh had a sweet hosting gig on Food Network and pissed it away because he couldn't stop tweeting the "N" word. Like Food Network didn't just cancel the show they practically erased its existence and they have to put out periodic statements that he no longer works for them everytime he says something stupid on social media.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Are people still Bert Kreischer fans? Don't get me wrong I think it is hilarious when Mike makes fun of him but like imagine someone telling you Bert Kreischer is their favorite comedian even when he was at the height of his popularity.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Nobody Likes Onions is a show I haven't thought about in years. I only listened to a handful of episodes mostly the ones Mike were on but never really liked it enough to listen regularly. Mike and Patrick Melton had this weird on and off friendship back in the early days of Redbar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bartok
May 10, 2006

JayJay posted:

Honestly hard to care about anything Mike did pre-Jules, he was a smug little manlet and I didn't find the show very watchable.

I think the period before Mike meets Kyle Lane is pretty fun when he'd have comedian guests. I also liked when Dean and James Fritz were co-hosts. I only really started getting back into the show when I found out he wasn't a right wing piece of poo poo thanks to this thread.