Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

I mean she got two hits and then the t. rex went on to kill the other 3/4 of everyone she knows and loves so idk how much damage she really did before eating poo poo.

important this to remember is these guys came from Fight Dinosaur Island where they kill a herd of giant monsters every other day so dork with an axe doesn't really mean much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Goddamn, when the mist rolled in, I expected them to make an escape, not finish off their entire society!

The next episode description sounds nuts, and after seeing the “preview” I wish I hadn’t read it so I could be completely surprised.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Aug 6, 2022

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

This show is half adventure story and half art gallery

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Parasol Prophet posted:

Maybe the next episode will be a happy one, given the ending: Fang, Spear and Mira having a nice boating voyage for 22 minutes! They see a nice sunset and some cool fish! Fang eats another roasted sweet potato! And no big heartbreaking cliffhanger before the hiatus!

It ...could be that, right? Maybe?

Just kicking back and enjoying life without a care in the world!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHX-UmrkwB4

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

I Am Fowl posted:

His wife did some real damage on Fang before she died so the implication is that this father/son duo is gonna be a real challenge.

I could really tell the gender of that child. Also they had a really small face.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

I just assumed the kid was the king's (whatever vikings rulers were called) daughter since they didn't have a ZZ top beard going on.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I think it's chieftain.
Of course, they might call him shogun for all we know of that universe.

The credits say "chieftan". Since that is not a word, I guess he's the chieftain named Chieftan.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

cant cook creole bream posted:

I think it's chieftain.
Of course, they might call him shogun for all we know of that universe.

The credits say "chieftan". Since that is not a word, I guess he's the chieftain named Chieftan.

In viking societies this would be called a Jarl, but then again, who knows how this world works specifically

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

oh god oh gently caress posted:

dunno why spear would be afraid of two people when he wiped out all their poo poo in the course of a night

It's a fool's errand to predict where this show is going sometimes, but I'm wondering if they are going to show those two doing badass poo poo on their way to finding Spear and Fang and Mira.

oh god oh fuck
Dec 22, 2019

yeah well we have a whole season of spear and fang doing badass poo poo so I'm forever on team #NotAfraid

GlassEye-Boy
Jul 12, 2001
When is Spear gonna morph into Conan?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

GlassEye-Boy posted:

You mean he hasn't already?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

limp_cheese posted:

Holy poo poo what an episode. I kept on having to remind myself they are slavers and I shouldn't feel bad. They do a drat good job of still wanting to feel for them in the second half.

I didn't expect Spear to kill a child though. I figured they would show he was only knocked unconscious but I should have known better. I look forward to the next episode to see if it haunts them.

gently caress this show is good.

They teased it like "ok we're going to be like any other show and he'll pull his punches and not kill a child/dog/defenseless maiden/whatever trope", and then BANG. Yeah that's Primal for you

Anyway I spent a good 3+ seconds thinking about "ok what year is this supposed to be then" and then told myself to shut the gently caress up

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

I like how in the last episode Rikke's hair was so detailed and pretty. like, you get a good idea of what's going on in the lead slave trader's head when he sees his wife dead body.

pretty good show imo

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I had no idea there were more episodes to season 1, the last one I remember watching was he one where it seemed like Fang died. I was a little confused when season 2 started

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I had no idea there were more episodes to season 1, the last one I remember watching was he one where it seemed like Fang died. I was a little confused when season 2 started

Season 1 was broken up into two parts with the first one ending on the ape fight/Fang getting injured.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

GlassEye-Boy posted:

This show gives me Tor vibes personally. Thou Conan too for sure.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug

Your Gay Uncle posted:

I didn’t know this either and was also confused in season 2 lol I bought the blu ray for season 1 and am really excited to go through it again and see the eps I missed too

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

The 2nd half of Season 1 has some real good episodes. Plague of Madness deserves a mention. That poo poo is terrifying

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, now I know there are more episodes in season 1 I've been going through them, Plague Of Madness was the last one I watched. It was good see Fang and Spear go up against something they just couldn't stab or bite to death.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

This is how Vikings should have ended.

LashLightning
Feb 20, 2010

You know you didn't have to go post that, right?
But it's fine, I guess...

You just keep being you!

DuhSal posted:

This show gives me Tor vibes personally. Thou Conan too for sure.

I was expecting the boat they put together to gain more and more animal pieces after they added the turtle shell - those pterodactyl-like creatures being a sail, etc - ala Tor making that one dinosaur into a hang glider.

Also, they ought to turn this one bumper into a full episode. Tartakovsky likely has no interest in revisiting stuff he's already done, but~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GXvbo6gyz8

Edit: also, yes, I am down with William Tyrannosaurus Sherman. The Scorpion Slavers/Vikings didn't even seem to have any reason to take those people as slaves, no agriculture ala the Atlantic Slave Trade, etc. Largely seemed to be doing it just to be assholes, gently caress them.

LashLightning fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Aug 9, 2022

Fivemarks
Feb 21, 2015
The VIkings were probably middlemen in a larger slave trade network.

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I'm going off of the preview teaser for the season , spoilers if you care about that thing, There's a short shot of the kind of Giant Under the Mountain figure that Mira drew in her story and she implied that the slaves were taken to whatever it is. I assumed they were enslaving people and trading them/sacrifing them to whatever is going on there. There's also a more proper Bronze Age looking city coming up, I think. I assume we're going to run our way up the slave trading chain.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

LashLightning posted:

Edit: also, yes, I am down with William Tyrannosaurus Sherman. The Scorpion Slavers/Vikings didn't even seem to have any reason to take those people as slaves, no agriculture ala the Atlantic Slave Trade, etc. Largely seemed to be doing it just to be assholes, gently caress them.

Primal: I am down with William Tyrannosaurus Sherman

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

For a second I thought they were going to have Mira be afraid of Spear after watching him go shithouse on those slavers, but then she ended up murking a bear and lopping a dude’s head off.

I also thought the mist was going to do something like reanimate the dead or melt their skin off or something, but I did not expect them to kill the entire village. All those little slaver babies

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
After going through the last half of Season 1 I have to say Coven of the Damned is my favorite episode of the series. It's really crazy how good this show is at portraying emotion and motivations without even really any dialogue.

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
Season 2 is incredibly powerful so far

A classic style ep about surviving an insanely hostile environment

An ep about how Spear is too wild to exist in civilisation, and Fang is too civilised to exist in the wild

An ep about Spear struggling to understand a larger world

And an ep about violence perpetuating itself

Plus proto norsemen riding dire bears, hot jumping tamales, folks

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

ruddiger posted:

For a second I thought they were going to have Mira be afraid of Spear after watching him go shithouse on those slavers, but then she ended up murking a bear and lopping a dude’s head off.

I also thought the mist was going to do something like reanimate the dead or melt their skin off or something, but I did not expect them to kill the entire village. All those little slaver babies

Right, so this post reminds me. Mira handled herself very well in the fight in the village. I wonder if she was a soldier or something being enslaved.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Haha what on earth

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
I don't know what's going on here, but I'm in so far

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
This was not what I expected

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
Charles looks exactly like a de-neanderthal-ized Spear, he's got the same expressions and everything

Also still no idea where this is going

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
LMAO

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
Well, that was different!

On the one hand, I'm not a huge fan of being taken away from Spear and Fang, but on the other hand it was still a good episode so I'm not sure how to feel about it.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
My theory for this episode is that the hulking cannibal dude was under some kind of influence of the big bad Minotaur, basing this entirely on his chest tattoo. Maybe there's a cult that worships him in later centuries, maybe he's something more ethereal and needs a host to attach to, either way it'll make sense when Spear and Fang meet them in the Hyborian age

DarklyDreaming fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Aug 12, 2022

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Dude might have been a violent madman but his comedic timing was top notch.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

DarklyDreaming posted:

My theory for this episode is that the hulking cannibal dude was under some kind of influence of the big bad Minotaur, basing this entirely on his chest tattoo. Maybe there's a cult that worships him in later centuries, maybe he's something more ethereal and needs a host to attach to, either way it'll make sense when Spear and Fang meet them in the Hyborian age

it was the witches coven! :tinfoil:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Rainbow Knight posted:

it was the witches coven! :tinfoil:

That also makes sense with the unnaturally green eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Well that was completely unexpected. I was still completely enthralled with it though. I'm really looking forward to finding out how it fits into the series in a leter episode. Even if it doesn't it was the usual suspense and violence of a Primal episode.

Also how the guy killed the psycho looked eerily familiar to how Spear killed a T-Rex in the first episode while defending Fang's kids.

I'll admit I laughed when the guy picked up a big rear end bone and charged the psycho. Felt very "Dawn of Man".