Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Malsangoroth posted:

Alright, I've done it, finally lined up my late 80s / early 90s power hour watchlist. Ninja Scroll, Cyber City Oedo 808, Wicked City, Gunbuster, Iria Zeiram, Dirty Pair, Bubblegum Crisis. Gonna hunker down and watch this good poo poo within the week.

Hello, Sci-fi Channel, I didn't know you posted here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Good soup! posted:

IWasn't it LOGH that had some ridiculous stipulations for licensing it for a long time? On top of a high cost? I wonder what's keeping the stuff in high demand like Monster from getting picked up again

I don't know about licensing, but back in the early 2000s, the original publisher floated a signup to gauge interest in a US DVD release. They wanted to see how many commitments they could get for a full series set retailing at $6000, iirc. Shockingly, they did not reach their target number.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Ah, my memory was failing me. They only wanted $2000 for the potential LoGH DVD set. There was a non-binding preorder form, where they were hoping to have at least 1500 sign up.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
Revenue is down, but overhead is down even further. The cost of streaming something is practically nothing compared to having to manufacture media, store it, and ship it all over the country. Dub voice actors and translators are notoriously underpaid, so if they can just cover their licensing fees, it's almost pure profit.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009
The OP is an underrated classic. All time great L'arc.