Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Sometimes the side chick aint even a chick.

It's Wolf's Rain by studio BONES.

Got thru my revisit earlier in the week. An early studio masterpiece, cried pitiful tears for this peak Keiko Nobumoto (RIP) cast of edgy wolves and pitiful adults who spend all their time drinkin' and smokin'. Arguably the best soundtrack of any work of media periodt, and a dub so wonderful I've never seen it subbed(where it's apparently quite start-studded)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

I'd do a coin flip between Bebop or Tokyo Godfathers being Keiko's best screenwriting credit. She knew how to write organic dialogue like nobody else.

I prefer WR cuz Keiko Nobumoto's characters are actually talking to each other about their emotions for once. All the adult human characters and their interactions are powerfully Bebopy in feel. One of the better eps is where Hubb and Quent are just dicking around in a car gettin trashed.

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

Vampire Knight

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

With the spooky season looming, where were you when you first saw the seminal late '90's anime classic, Scooby Doo on Zombie Island?

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

The way, in early Bebop, how Mai Yamane sings, "and then you said you were embarRASSED", has lived in my head paying rent in dividends forever. Queen poo poo.