Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024
Macross is near and dear to my heart as it's one of the first animes I've seen (Zero and Plus specifically in 2007).

Although, another one that's also dear to me is Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne. I watched almost all of it (missing maybe the last few episodes?) in German on a channel I had on cable while not understanding German and trying to understand the show through visuals. For years I didn't know what it was called and just had a vague memory of it until I mentioned it to a friend and they said it sounded like KKJ. Watching it last year was a nice experience.

Despite only really getting into anime in the 2010s, I gravitate a lot toward the old stuff from the 80s and 90s. I do wonder how much KKJ and Plus have influenced that as they have those aesthetics.

TuxedoOrca fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TuxedoOrca
Feb 6, 2024

Dawgstar posted:

https://twitter.com/AnimEigo/status/1782581210801439080

As somebody eloquently put it, 'animators who drew cars by hand are gods among men.'

Oh hell yes!