Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Civ 6 rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Cocaine Bear posted:

Civ 6 rules.

Turns out he was playing call to power

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

Takes No Damage posted:

Like the inventor of the Segway riding one off a cliff? :getin:

That was the British guy that bought the company. Dean Kamen is still very much alive.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Detective Thompson posted:

That was the British guy that bought the company. Dean Kamen is still very much alive.

If you buy the company then you're the inventor, just ask Elon musk he invented the electric car and space

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Holy crap I saw this on late night cable as a kid and it stuck with me all this time.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

codo27 posted:

Sorry gentlemen, I win the thread today

well, what would YOU do with it, mr grumpy pants?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Junk posted:

Polytopia, the thinking man's game

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

not since my ex beat me at it

VanOwen
Oct 8, 2011

Any group that controls this many fonts and is bold enough to use all these exclamation marks must be incredibly powerful! And soon, in fact this Thursday in the cafetorium, I shall become their leader!

Takes No Damage posted:

Like the inventor of the Segway riding one off a cliff? :getin:

This guy did it better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-PZ4Qy5F0Q

Nice... but my fave is still the deadly roller coaster: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euthanasia_Coaster

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Murdstone posted:

Holy crap I saw this on late night cable as a kid and it stuck with me all this time.

Same, it took months of searching random strings of 'giant mousetrap kill suicide man build' etc before I found it again.

Another horror short that seems to have been shown alongside it a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-8ocnmE0Ts
Cursed video refuses to embed :mad:

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

I'm not trying be Mr. Super Edgy Man, but I think the most horrific part of that video was at ~1:50, where he's screwing those really long screws in, by hand, with a flat headed screwdriver, and seeing he has half a dozen to do. Like, man, don't...don't torture yourself like that. Whatever you've done, you don't deserve that punishment. Use Phillips head, or use a power driver. But not a flat head screwdriver!

I mean, also don't kill yourself, but especially don't torture yourself first.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones

codo27 posted:

I watched that Road House remake the other night and the effects aren't much better than this

So the effects are as good as Total Recall's then?

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Wa11y posted:

I'm not trying be Mr. Super Edgy Man, but I think the most horrific part of that video was at ~1:50, where he's screwing those really long screws in, by hand, with a flat headed screwdriver, and seeing he has half a dozen to do. Like, man, don't...don't torture yourself like that. Whatever you've done, you don't deserve that punishment. Use Phillips head, or use a power driver. But not a flat head screwdriver!

I mean, also don't kill yourself, but especially don't torture yourself first.

Where do you get that he doesn't deserve the torturous process? For all you know he could be Hitler crossed with Stalin and raised with horrible brain steroids like Christopher Walken on that Bond film.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

codo27 posted:

Sorry gentlemen, I win the thread today

If it helps at all, he's a total paraplegic who loves Civ 6 and could only ever play before by having a buddy do everything on his behalf. (Although I had the same reaction to the headline. It's good clickbait, I guess!)

Bald Stalin
Jul 11, 2004

Our posts
quadriplegic, but yes he can now control a mouse with his mind

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
I control mice with the sheer power of Lard.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Hirayuki posted:

If it helps at all, he's a total paraplegic who loves Civ 6 and could only ever play before by having a buddy do everything on his behalf. (Although I had the same reaction to the headline. It's good clickbait, I guess!)

It figures that Musk would re-invent the Mechanical Turk

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

staberind posted:

I control mice with the sheer power of Lard.

They controlled you into giving them lard. Good for them.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

davidspackage posted:

It figures that Musk would re-invent the Mechanical Turk

I like the bit where musk would have to squeeze inside the machine to provide the intelligence because if we wait for it we could lock him inside and leave him there.

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

I control mice with a cat. :dadjoke:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Takes No Damage posted:

Same, it took months of searching random strings of 'giant mousetrap kill suicide man build' etc before I found it again.

Another horror short that seems to have been shown alongside it a lot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-8ocnmE0Ts
Cursed video refuses to embed :mad:
He just wants some ham. And a little wine.

I also searched for the big mousetrap video many times.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Junk posted:

Play civ 4 or SMAC

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Play SMAC as The Conciousness.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Rapidly coming to the conclusion if you're not using torx headed wood screws and machine screws and using a electric screwdriver you secretly want to get carpal tunnel and arthiritis later in life due to RSI.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Drone_Fragger posted:

Rapidly coming to the conclusion if you're not using torx headed wood screws and machine screws and using a electric screwdriver you secretly want to get carpal tunnel and arthiritis later in life due to RSI.

As you can see from the video, that really depends on what you're building.........

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

Drone_Fragger posted:

Weed, torx and a brushless drill driver with proper electronic control is the only way I can get work done now I've destroyed my hands with decades of IT. It also feels amazing to just mash trigger and the drill stops perfectly on the money every time.

The belt fed screw gun is blessed when it works, cursed when it doesn't (when I'm holding a sheet of gyproc to the ceiling).

Slot headed brass screws and stainless pozidrive are the most cursed of the regular screw varieties.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/gBaTLQG.mp4

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
Everyone deserves a friend like that.

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

"There's where my tent went!"

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
W-what?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
"Sorry your titties are going to kill you. Here's what's coulda been!"

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
We've had the technology to project this sort of stuff for years

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
"Art"

https://i.imgur.com/15t1d8f.mp4

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

list price, $150k

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jackson Pollack they aint

Totally Reasonable
Jan 8, 2008

aaag mirrors

bucket guy owns and yall jealous

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
"I could do that"
"but you didn't"

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I actually think that's really cool.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
It ain’t worth $150k but it looks sick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Tarkus posted:

I actually think that's really cool.

Oh it looks badass, definitely worth a couple of grand to hang in a corporate lobby or something, but it's stretching the definition of the verb 'painting' IMO. At this point you might as well have a computer draw it for you.