Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

If you're going to go up your head with a tattoo, why stop at the lower back?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Turpitude II posted:

one of the videos on the previous page seemed to be a woman eating octopuses that are still alive and moving? so that also isn't great, i think.

I'm no way defending said lady, but I think that's usually a result of salt from cooking causing the nervous system to go crazy after they're dead.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

MrUnderbridge posted:

No eating live octopus is an actual thing. Dip into flavor sauce, shove in mouth and hope the suckers on the tentacles don't cling to anything on the way in.

This was on an ep of Zimmern, iirc. The woman he was eating these with was wearing glasses, and the octopus thwapped a tentacle on one lens. She had to take it out of her mouth, pull the tentacle off the lens, and shoved it back in. "That happens sometimes "

Oh cool. That's terrible and I wish I hadn't learned that.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Suspect A posted:

iirc bed bugs don't carry any disease and can be managed easily by using steam using a steamer (which instantly kills them), isolating your bed, and dusting with diatomaceous earth. Having a company heat the house to around 120F will also kill them but it's kind of the nuclear option. pesticides are basically useless against them now.

This greatly discredits their tenacity. By the time I moved out of my bed bug apartment, I was sleeping on a bare mattress surrounded by diatomaceous earth and dressing in my car. There was a fine coat of diatomaceous earth all over every surface of my house, and i had a perpetual chest infection from breathing it in.
They were still there.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Suspect A posted:

Yeah, they're tenacious. especially giving that they can live for many months without food. But on the other had there are people who do literally nothing have have millions of them in every crevice.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2JAOTJxYqh8
this whole video is cursed.

I wasn't talking issue with your read on them as disease vectors, but with the easily managed bit.

Also, like sure, you can technically live covered in these parasites because you won't get dengue or whatever, but come on.