Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.

!Klams posted:

I assumed this one was for Halloween, which I thought was quite cool, but if it's not and it's just a year-round thing, that's.... yeah, real fuckin' weird.

Pretty sure I saw this exact car like last month or maybe in August, and it didn't have the bloody paint job that I recall seeing, so yeah, I guessing it's for Halloween. It also looks they have this year's inspection sticker, so that photo is probably from within the last few days or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

NH is kinda annoying when it comes to liquor laws. I work in the beer industry, so I get to hear about stuff they do. I'm sure it's the same in every state, but they have to approve labels for beer/wine/liquor, and one thing that happened was that for a long time, they wouldn't let Founders sell Breakfast Stout here because the label depicted a minor, and minors + booze=no. Said depiction is a drawing of a child eating oatmeal on the label. There is no beer shown on the label, but the fact that it was showing a minor on an alcohol product was a no-go. Founders could have altered the label, but it wouldn't have been worth it for them to sell one particular product in one state. Eventually, they relented, and you can buy the beer here now. Not sure what changed, if it was new leadership or they just realized it was not a big deal.

Another thing is that they require places that sell alcohol to have half of their sales come from food if you want to serve full pours. I'm not sure how they can even enforce such a thing, since you can't really make someone buy food. For restaurants, it's not really going to be a problem, but for smaller breweries that want to pour full pints, it can be a pain. The stupid part comes from how selective they are in what makes for the food you have to serve (I think the rule states you need to have three separate food items available). I know of some places that had to build full kitchens in order to be approved to sell pints, while others get away with only offering cheese and crackers and chips. Nothing cooked. It really comes down to the whim of whoever is approving the place, I guess. I think they have relaxed a little on things in the last few years, and not being an owner, I don't have to directly deal with their crap, but I do get to hear about it.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I can see the headlines now:

Big Bank Busted By Brutal Bean Bandit!

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

That report card is from almost 100 years ago, so 'homemaking' and 'citizenship' were definitely pretty common topics. I'm guessing the curse is:

Paper Tiger posted:

Anamae => Anime

Or at least that's all I could figure.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I feel like Barb has a bit of a Jerri Blank thing going on.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I read elsewhere that it's packed gauze from a surgery the horse had.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Takes No Damage posted:

Like the inventor of the Segway riding one off a cliff? :getin:

That was the British guy that bought the company. Dean Kamen is still very much alive.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

"Sorry your titties are going to kill you. Here's what's coulda been!"

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Everyone should commit time clock fraud. gently caress whoever I work for, I'm gonna take a long dump whenever I need to. making GBS threads on the company's dime is not only fun, I think it's imperative for the working class.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I knew there was something she reminded me of.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

"Protect the animals!" Anyway, here's some awful stuff happening to animals.

I think the girl on the cat stamp must be giddy about stuffing the cats into a sack (and the dude's real bummed about having to do it), considering the other stamps don't show any attempts to protect animals. Does anyone know what the +X under the stamp values means?

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

I had the bourbon barrel-aged Malort when I went to Chicago last year. Man, I'll just say it didn't really do it any favors. And I'm pretty sure they used their own bourbon barrels, which didn't help (I did not try the Jeppson bourbon).

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Breetai posted:

Youtube keeps on presenting me with this extremely cursed advertisement image from Amnesty international. Just one of those AI generated pictures that looks worse the longer that you look at it. Tag yourself in the photo I'm gay Santa.

I'm pretty sure those are real people. I found the image on Shutterstock pretty easily, and went to the photographer's profile and found more. Also, Gay Santa is in a number of other, unrelated images (he's also pretty buff, if you're into that kind of thing).

Edit: beaten

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Looks like eclairs and some kind of cakes.