Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
This statue is in a hotel in Florida...

...and it gives visitors a good idea of what to expect during their stay in that state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Classic Curse: The man who took the concept of "The material world is inherently flawed and sinful" to its logical(?) conclusion.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-n9zbPmHvJE

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1JpylHsSto

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The parent cheering on the crazy cross man makes this 100% more cursed.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Pastel Candy Snake posted:

woke moralists have gone too far

it clearly says the MAN in gauze

Broke: Turning male characters into women.

Actually Woke: Having women fight real men and win.

Edit, content:

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jul 26, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This poo poo made more sense to me when I learned that the point was to get people to buy as much preprocessed food off the shelf as possible by coming up with recipes that mashed it altogether.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Unperson_47 posted:

All those nasty-rear end looking dishes made with Aspic and luncheon meat/hot dogs/whatever they wanted tho throw in in the 50s or 60s always looks like the most depressing food ever.

Makes it very obvious that these recipes were created by a marketing department focused only on maximising profit instead of normal human beings, it's very late stage capitalism even though that was still decades away.

Content:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Oh wait, too late.

Yaldabaoth fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jul 28, 2022

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Glottis posted:

I never understand how those wackos draw the line. Why doesn't it also cure cancer, etc?

They have to keep quack medicine limited to stuff that can be cured by the placebo effect to make it more convincing to rubes.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Oscar Wild posted:

Someone got ahold of my Crusader Kings save file

Oh, you just reminded me of this:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

bartok posted:

Triple curse it was a plot point to the worst episodes of The Sopranos

Quadruple curse because they're still casting white men to play non-natives(The Lone Ranger for example).

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

hotdog feet posted:

If they do, they'll quit immediately because people treat service industry folks like dog poo poo. They won't learn anything from the experience though and still say poo poo like "i don't believe in tipping."

They literally think everyone else is an NPC from a videogame and they are the only true humans, so it's okay for them to treat others like poo poo but other people better drat well give them the respect they're entitled to.

Content:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Today I learned that a chinese author wrote a series of sci-fi books called The Three Body Problem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ye02qGiKKY

It's as horrific as you would expect from an author who's lived in China all his life.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Because if they didn't, they'd all look like this:

(posted before but it's a new thread, so...)

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This was inevitable when you name you music festival after a word that was used by racists to catch WW2 japanese spies.

Content, DALL-E image titled "Last Selfie on Earth"

There are more but they're all some variant of "Zombie person in a post-industrial hellscape".

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Baronjutter posted:

It's racist to detect and defeat enemy fascists in a world war.

I admit I was wrong about the word being invented in WW2, but that doesn't change the fact that "Japanese people can't pronounce the L sound" is a racist stereotype and it was very risky to base a method of spy detection on racial prejudice that could have easily turned out to be wrong and let the enemy get past the checkpoints.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
It's me, I'm the curse.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

America is no different from a middle eastern country now, only difference is mass murderers use guns instead of homemade bombs.

Content:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Got to love it when psychopaths are so broken that they think their beliefs are 100% true and it's other people who are the fascists for wanting to punish them just for speaking Da Trooth.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

satanic splash-back posted:

Cursed lack-of-self-awareness quote

I'm crazy but I'm not a violent psychopath.

Content:

Though might be kind of blursed since it looks like something out of an old fantasy movie.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Perfect example of how the world still follows "Separate but Equal" when it comes to women. Women are allowed to do as they please in women dominated fields but the moment they try to enter a male dominated field they're given poo poo for disrupting the "natural order".

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
WTF is this?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ospVPTUUXs

No one outside of Something Awful could know about Groverhaus, which one of you freaks made this super cursed video?!

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

People refute that prophecy by denying it's true whereas I say even if it is true, Donald Trump should still be opposed because God wants the messiah to bring about Revelation by killing all life on Earth.

Content:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Lol yes. Obama had a Dem supermajority (ie immune to filibuster) for 75 days and didn’t do poo poo

He had to use those 75 days to focus on passing the Affordable Care Act, he didn't even have 3 months.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The sequel to HE WATCH YOU NOW?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Killer robot posted:

I'd say fire the graphic designer but it sounds pretty bad even before you get to that part.

Holy poo poo, this sounds like a phrase the jordanites would come up with to explain that "Men can't actually rape women because men are entitled to sex".

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The curse is those platform shoes are so excessive that she looks like she's going to fall over when she walks, maybe tone them down a bit for safety?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Frank Frank posted:

Carry on then

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Jesus Christ will you people just go to 4chan if you miss old SA so much instead of whining about it in the cursed image thread? Goons never know when to shut up.

Content:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Tarkus posted:

You're in no position to complain about anyone's posting especially since you piss and moan in every single thread you enter including this one. Your title is not hyperbole.

Sorry, I need to stop lashing out at other people when I'm stressed out.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Make it a super curse by programming it to say this:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The curse is on me because now that I'm older, I look like I'm related to this guy.

I tend to do a better job of shaving and washing my hair, though.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
If you want to be interesting, you need to go out and have actual life experience instead of just sitting in your basement and tugging to pop culture all day.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

We'll know when the mask has fully come off when the american news media starts posting articles debunking the stigma around suicide and why it's not such a bad idea.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
This is why you don't wish on a monkey's paw for your anime waifu to be real:

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

The one about finding a plastic bag at the bottom of the deepest ocean trench really got me.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

This sounds like a situation where someone came up with an idea for a new movie and they were forced to turn it into a remake of an older movie because the premise was too similar.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Cartoon Man posted:

It’s been so long since I’ve seen Roadhouse, but didn’t our hero just straight up kill all the bad guys at the end and the cops looked the other way while he did it?

In the current culture, it's more likely the cops(who are all white men) will be the ones to rescue Jake Gyllenhaal by gunning down the bad guys(who are all black) because that's how modern Hollywood promotes """diversity""".

Content:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
There is something inside each human that's much worse than a meer skeleton:

An eldritch horror that seeks to remake reality in its image.