Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
So I can post this again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Yaldabaoth posted:

This feels like there is a story behind it.

e: This loving poster is seared in my brain and I'm extra careful in our freight elevators because of it. The mental image of getting trapped like that is more than enough, tyvm.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Freight elevators are often open. The only door is the one in the shaft, the car doesn't have them. I assume modern ones are safer, but there are plenty of old ones around.

They are scary as poo poo imo.

MrUnderbridge posted:

My wife had a stroke earlier this year, and when she tried to talk, it sounded a lot like this. I didn't even waste time calling 911, I shoved her in the car and got her to the nearest hospital in a couple of minutes. One $70k shot and two hours later, her speech came back all at once. But it sucked to see her frustration trying to talk and that's what was coming out.

I sometimes get migraine induced aphasia.

Partial loss of function, especially speech, is the single most cursed and scary thing I've ever experienced.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

evobatman posted:

Didn't a goon make a Klämrisk Hero game?

https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=54551 ?

There's also https://www.pouet.net/prod.php?which=52960

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Lmao, most of that is so outrageously and clearly illegal where I live I wouldn't even need a lawyer.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Wow, you must be old.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I'd just like to stress again that this kind of "AI" is merely replicating whatever was used to train it. The people who made it selected the training data, so it is absolutely fair to assume that the things the "AI" reproduces reflect what they wanted to launder through it.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I don't think SA users can throw stones regarding user names :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You know what would actually help? Fewer cars.

e:

Or this. This totally solves it.

Nothing more to be done.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Tarquinn posted:

You just deeply offended a lot of people…

I sure loving hope so.

Posting it again for this page, because of the powerful curse.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That's in Kiel. I'd be utterly unsurprised if other cities had them as well.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

They weren't "duped" as such.

Air pollution limits are regularly exceeded in that street.
So they bought giant filters, put them on the bike lane, then moved the air quality measurement box next to the filters.
Problem solved. Bingo bongo, so simple, etc.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

mobby_6kl posted:

Ugliest turtle I've ever seen. I don't think I like turtles any more.

I can't decide between "turn on your monitor" and "that's what she said".

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Dave Syndrome posted:

ALDI is insane with this practice, it's the same here in Germany.
In fact, this Vietnamese expatriate living in Germany completely nails it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5Qip1N1FIc

(and yes, Netto is a complete shitshow of a store)

The "traumatised by the speed" comment is true of foreign students as well. Being unable to keep up with the cashier, then holding up the entire queue with people disapprovingly staring at them while trying to pack their stuff and pay. Being brought to tears in a supermarket in a foreign country by the speed of the cashier.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You can slow down the cashier in a lot of supermarkets by strategically placing stuff from the produce section last, because it has to be weighed. That usually buys you the few seconds you need to finish packing and be ready to pay immediately.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The first paragraph in their post is more like the conclusion of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gFsOoKAHZg

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

One should watch both videos anyway. Probably Dan Olson's after hbomberguy's, because Dan… goes places.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

3cursed5cursed_thread imo.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I checked out the stadium and made a comparison to a stadium of the same capacity.

I was trying to be exceptionally fair by getting more of the parking spaces in the picture of the second stadium (there are some more to the east), but drat.

Can you imagine how hot it must be on those parking spaces in the summer? gently caress me.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Azhais posted:

Not quite the same size since like 20000 of Westfalen's capacity is the standing balcony not seated (but the point remains, it has two dedicated transit lines, and a shuttle service from University parking). It also cost $200m vs $1.6b to make it even funnier

The way you phrased that makes it sound like those 20k people get there by teleporting. :v:

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

dr_rat posted:

Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p06Fb65gyBE

Like it's not that hard to design poo poo so it isn't intentionally confusing but still aesthetically pleasing. like I'm honestly surprised there is anyone defending this garbage.

The Design of Everyday Things: https://www.amazon.de/-/en/Don-Norman/dp/0465050654

This is the most cursed book ever written, right after the book that teaches you how to spot bad keming, and for the same reason.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Prophet of Nixon posted:

I haven't read the book, and now I'm afraid to because I already hate the designs of most things.

Oh, you'll hate basically every thing designed in the last decade, and the designers who made them especially. The book has been incredibly influential, highly acclaimed, and studiously ignored.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

You'll see it everywhere, you'll know how to do it better, how easy it would be to do better, and you can't unlearn this knowledge.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Takes No Damage posted:

If you intentionally wrote kerning as 'keming' as a kerning joke you deserve a coke.

I don't remember making that post in a cluster migraine induced haze, but yes, very much intended. :tipshat:

I worked in DTP for a few years and it scarred me…

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

What an interesting parasite.

Wikipedia posted:

There are a few cases of accidental parasitism in vertebrate hosts, including dogs and humans. Several cases involving Parachordodes, Paragordius, or Gordius have been recorded in human hosts in Japan and China.

Oh no

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Anyone who tunes their drums like that is deserving of scorn.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

There are plenty of PINs and password I couldn't write down on paper because it's all muscle memory. That would be a nice way to lock me out.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Cracking a huge batch of (unsalted) passwords from a leak, then credential stuffing all over the place, is pretty common actually. Buy some GPU time with stolen credit cards and get crackin'.

You, personally? Nobody cares, of course. But if your ICQ account was in a leak of hashes and you used the same password for hulu? Well…

e: also, the times are wildly off and they differ heavily between hashing algos. md5 vs. bcrypt is a difference of many orders of magnitude

Antigravitas fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Jul 4, 2023

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That is way too cursed.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Dick Fontaine posted:

sounds like their thread has become insular and weird and hostile to “outsiders” and is perhaps in desperate need of a new ik :thunk:

e: adding a curse to make up for an incredibly stupid joke

Posting HN is cheating.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

What, ethylene? Yeah, don't mix certain fruit because some will produce it more than others.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

right, almost forgot

MOISTURISE ME

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

The slution to your elevator problems:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHf1vD5_b5I

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Can you buy a centered div somewhere? Anywhere? Please, it's urgent, my client is mad at me :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Drone_Fragger posted:

Boomer humour is seemingly nothing but jokes like:

"I had to take the car to the shop yesterday!!! It was making a wierd noise!!!! And the man at the shop said!!! "Well yeah!! Your wife is in it!!!!""

Complete with the extra punctuation and usually sent via an email with a title like "re: re: fwd: re: fwd: hey jeff"

I haven't posted from there on account of being extremely powerfully cursed, but…

…that's the essence of r/ichbin40undlustig (I am 40 and funny). A collection of images posted by boomers on social media, typically into family groups.

"Do you like those women who talk a lot or the others?"

"Which others?"

"JÜGEN`s funny laugh pages"

Would you like me to translate more? I am not liable for psychic damage and there's no extradition treaty if you are not in the EU.