Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

Did I say "cookies?" I meant, "Fire in your face!"

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

Pretty sure the Red Dwarf books covered something like this

KHLAV KALASHNIKOV posted:

Yeah, there was a bit where a crew engineered a bunch of supernovae to spell out “Coke Is Life!” or some bullshit, to be seen in the night sky for centuries

That’s what came to my mind when I saw this too

THANK YOU! I knew I'd read something like that in a book, and that's exactly what this drone swarm advertising reminded me of, but I couldn't find proof of it. I thought it was something in a Douglas Adams book.

Man, the future is going to be WAY worse than dystopian fiction led us to believe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

I'm afraid to ask, because I'm not sure I want more stupidity in my brain, but is there a single authority for flat earthers that has a unified...ideology, for lack of a better term? Like, do all flat earthers believe that the flat earth sits on pillars, and has a spherical moon? Or is it like other pseudosciences where the adherents just make up whatever bullshit they want, and everyone just accepts everything, conflicts and all? Are there orthodox flat earthers and protestant flat earthers, and neither of them like the reformation flat earthers?

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

You Are A Werewolf posted:

Reminds me of an “inspirational” quote I saw at work once by (I think?) Vince Lombardi to teach people better time management.

quote:

“If you’re fifteen minutes early, you’re already ten minutes late.”

Hey, kiss my rear end and go suck a gently caress, Vince Lombardi. Some Boomer rear end time management.

I've always wanted to ask one of these assholes, "So if I have a meeting scheduled immediately after yours, should I leave your meeting early?" But you know it's only narcissistic assholes who think like this, so they'll make some bullshit argument about how their meeting is more important or some poo poo.

Wa11y
Jul 23, 2002

I'm not trying be Mr. Super Edgy Man, but I think the most horrific part of that video was at ~1:50, where he's screwing those really long screws in, by hand, with a flat headed screwdriver, and seeing he has half a dozen to do. Like, man, don't...don't torture yourself like that. Whatever you've done, you don't deserve that punishment. Use Phillips head, or use a power driver. But not a flat head screwdriver!

I mean, also don't kill yourself, but especially don't torture yourself first.