Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Vidalia, GA: famous for poverty, racism.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xcheopis

Gilroy, CA vanishes from the face of the Earth.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

just mind-boggling to think about the possibility of a world without onions

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Ohtori Akio
this image from the onions usa dot com website captures my feelings on onions succinctly

Scuba Trooper

lol

Escape From Noise

google THIS posted:

(bites into an everything bagel) wtf?? This is just a bunch of seeds

I thought garlic still existed?

Escape From Noise

This song is just gibberish!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mhdIVwky0

xcheopis

FutonForensic posted:

I recognize most of the words (I've studied English) but "ONION" sounds like a loan word.

I think it's some kind of shrimp.

biosterous

the equivalent french expression for "it's right up my alley" is "c'est mes onions" [lit. it's my onions] so in addition to the loss of soup the french cannot idiomatically say that something is their specialty

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

the equivalent french expression for "it's right up my alley" is "c'est mes onions" [lit. it's my onions] so in addition to the loss of soup the french cannot idiomatically say that something is their specialty

Forte

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

:prepop: :boomshaka: :iceburn:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i'm going to start saying "it's right up me onions innit" because that's an excellent phrase and i can easily convince people that it's a real thing that british people say (i'm canadian now but i'm from britain you see innit)

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
but in a world without onions, i wouldn't be able to say that

biosterous

i honestly thought it was italian or latin in origin, but you are right!

so now the french can only say it is a boring normal way

gallery of sigs

he/him

xcheopis

biosterous posted:

i honestly thought it was italian or latin in origin, but you are right!

so now the french can only say it is a boring normal way

I had to take French. I don't remember much, though!

xcheopis

"So I tied an orange to my belt, which was the style at the time."

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
a world without onions would still have bubba gubba borba lindtsen joober flambin' trink brank gornky so i think we'd be ok

Heather Papps

hello friend

if onion has million number of fans i am one of them . if onion has ten fans i am one of them. if onion have only one fan and that is me . if onion has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the onion, i am against the world. i love #onion till my last breath.. .. Die Hard fan of onion. Hit Like If you Think onion Best food & healthiest In the world

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

if onion has million number of fans i am one of them . if onion has ten fans i am one of them. if onion have only one fan and that is me . if onion has no fans, that means i am no more on the earth . if world against the onion, i am against the world. i love #onion till my last breath.. .. Die Hard fan of onion. Hit Like If you Think onion Best food & healthiest In the world

Posts like this would not exist in a world without onions

google THIS

There might be slightly better breath and slightly fewer farts, in a world without onions. I am not at all suggesting that the price to pay is acceptable, just pointing it out

xcheopis

google THIS posted:

There might be slightly better breath and slightly fewer farts, in a world without onions. I am not at all suggesting that the price to pay is acceptable, just pointing it out

There is no danger of that so long as we have cruciferous vegetables.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

biosterous posted:

nevermind the french, how would ogres express themselves?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

one time i was thinking of dating this guy who otherwise seemed cool except he was far away but then i found out he was allergic to all alliums and sorry bud, you just aren't that cute

He's Just Not That Into Onions

or

He's Just Not That Into You(r Alliums)

also

:eyepop::popeye::eyepop::popeye::blastu:

also also

Nosfereefer posted:

july, 26th, 2022, aka "day zero"
riots, looting. policing efforts are met with massed crowds

july 27th, 2022
attempts to control the situation by local forces have failed, congress is [redacted] the national guard

august 1st, 2022
despite massive civilian casualties, the riots rages. defections amongst the national guard are [redacted]

august 14th, 2022
with the total disintegration of the national guard, the president has ordered that the US army will be deployed in any situation in which [redacted]

december 4th, 2022
the newly established government in exile will continue the fight against the illegitimate regime with any [redacted]

july 7th, 2231
the immortal god emperor declares the first onion harvest a success. thousands are sacrificed to secure next year's harvest, amidst the praises of the masses

ty nesamdoom!

Ass-penny

this thread made me throw up, cry, and laugh. what an unfortunate thought experiment you have exposed us all to.

Dr. Honked posted:

i'm going to start saying "it's right up me onions innit" because that's an excellent phrase and i can easily convince people that it's a real thing that british people say (i'm canadian now but i'm from britain you see innit)

lmao I might start saying that too.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

Posts like this would not exist in a world without onions

in a world without onions i do not exist, so integral to my identity is onion love

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

google THIS posted:

these are the kinds of potential upsides i've had trouble imagining

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Heather Papps posted:

in a world without onions i do not exist, so integral to my identity is onion love

okay but imagine you had grown up in world where onions had never existed? that's what I'm trying to do here.

what do you think you might love as much as you love onions??

Manifisto

without . . . those vegetables, what are avuncular Cajun stereotypes going to charmingly mispronounce when speaking about their cuisine?

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

okay but imagine you had grown up in world where onions had never existed? that's what I'm trying to do here.

what do you think you might love as much as you love onions??

misread the thread title in a world without onions i'd be really into radishes i bet

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Manifisto posted:

without . . . those vegetables, what are avuncular Cajun stereotypes going to charmingly mispronounce when speaking about their cuisine?
without onions i am not sure cajun cuisine survives as a regional style, and given the centrality of food to the cajun identity, i'm not if they even survive as a distinct culture.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

btw you are allowd to talk about onions itt and use the word onion, onions, etc. because by the grace of god they exist in this best of all possible worlds.

I'm just trying to imagine a world without onions, where they dont exist and never have existed.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

or maybe they do exist but nobody ever tried eating a wild onion???!! so they were never domesticated. idk that might complicate the scenario too much

Manifisto

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

btw you are allowd to talk about onions itt and use the word onion, onions, etc. because by the grace of god they exist in this best of all possible worlds.

I'm just trying to imagine a world without onions, where they dont exist and never have existed.

oni*n

hmm that's weird

*nion

*ni*n

:ohdear: it's getting worse

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Band name!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Manifisto posted:

oni*n

hmm that's weird

*nion

*ni*n

:ohdear: it's getting worse

what im saying is you dont have to do that because blessedly onions do exist in this world, unlike the world i am trying to imagine

Heather Papps

hello friend

in this world garlic is a much bigger deal

Heather Papps

hello friend

in this world ladies magazines are filled with articles about how to more effectively peel potatoes, not a single tip about cutting onions underwater

Heather Papps

hello friend

in this world when you go to the outback you get a bloomin' wallaby, which is a cut up and flash fried wallaby. in this world, we eat wallaby.

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
Offions are $.39 a pound this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

un-ions

hmm, hold on,

gallery of sigs

he/him