Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

the online humor magazine The Artichoke briefly became a notable media powerhouse before social media ruined all content consumption forever

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass-penny

Thankfully Spike McFang still exists because the bad guys were anthropomorphic garlic cloves and not onions.

Finger Prince

I ate onions (shallots) twice today. Lunch and dinner. I'm thankful I don't live in the accursed nonion world.

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

I ate onions (shallots) twice today. Lunch and dinner. I'm thankful I don't live in the accursed nonion world.

but try and imagine

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

nonions are like minions but they really really hate onions

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

like they really really hate them. also middle aged housewives can't get enough of them.

ty nesamdoom!

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )
<sadly replaces onions with bunions in all my recipes> :sigh:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Chewbecca posted:

<sadly replaces onions with bunions in all my recipes> :sigh:

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
more like NONE-ions

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

nut

having to season all my dishes with garlic powder and itching powder 😮‍💨

google THIS

Tor networks become a lot harder to explain, which is saying something

alnilam

The final act of Peer Gynt would be slightly different

Finger Prince

All this machinery, completely redundant.
https://i.imgur.com/MzftD0V.mp4

Sherbert Hoover
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
onions are good and i'm glad to see they are getting their due in byob, op

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Sherbert Hoover posted:

onions are good and i'm glad to see they are getting their due in byob, op

i agree, but can you imagine a world without onions? that's what i'm trying to do itt

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Finger Prince posted:

just think what engineers might come up with if they didnt have to spend so much time designing onion peeling machines. maybe instead they would finally invent the laundry folding robot i have always wanted?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Finger Prince posted:

in a world without onions, apple peeling technology is lightyears ahead

Sherbert Hoover
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

i agree, but can you imagine a world without onions? that's what i'm trying to do itt

being all "I like tostadas but the problem is that the only crunchy thing is the tostada itself"

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

alnilam

Tony Abbott gets cast as the seward of Gondor due to his cherry tomato eating prowess, altering his life trajectory and hence that of Straya

Sherbert Hoover
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

google THIS

For more idioms, I guess there's a somewhat archaic English expression "to know one's onions," which means to be knowledgeable about something, and it was apparently borrowed to make the French c'est mes oignons

This in turn also took on the meaning "it's my business," so there are derivative phrases like c'est pas tes oignons, "it is not your onions" i.e. "it's none of your business"

Also I'm seeing some references saying that in the French usage "onions" was a euphemism for rear end so if someone is all up in your business you basically tell them it's not their rear end

So anyway in a world without onions I imagine that none of that would be a thing

Finger Prince

In a world without onions, would France be a bigger player on the world stage, undistracted by delicious onions? Or a just a bit player, unable to forge a national identity without the strength of the onion behind them?

Sherbert Hoover
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
ogres are like lasagna

xcheopis

The Beatles experimental song, Looking Through A Glass Artichoke , meets with much criticism, never breaking the top 100.

Finger Prince

Two all-beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, okra, on a sesame seed bun.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Sherbert Hoover posted:

ogres are like lasagna

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Ohtori Akio
my preferred class in a role-playing game, the asafoetida knight

Sherbert Hoover
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
sorry I've been gone. I imagined putting shallots on a burger and had to log out

alexandriao

I actually cant eat onions, or garlic. I used to be able to but cant anymore AmA

Heather Papps

hello friend

alexandriao posted:

I actually cant eat onions, or garlic. I used to be able to but cant anymore AmA

can you imagine a world without onions?

Scuba Trooper

i simply cannot imagine it, op.

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Scuba Trooper posted:

i simply cannot imagine it, op.

this thread has really helped me get closer to being able to imagine it. i'm gonna keep trying to imagine a world without onions

Manifisto

alexandriao posted:

do you curse god regularly? do you curse god for taking this ability away from you??

ty nesamdoom!

alexandriao

Heather Papps posted:

can you imagine a world without onions?

Nope!! Onions are good except for the one shallot I know who talks a lot about second amendment rights, hes such a buzzkill

Manifisto posted:

do you curse god regularly? do you curse god for taking this ability away from you??

Occasionally! But I mostly curse the little buggers living inside of me -- I'm their home the least they can do is not make a mess of it!!!!!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
I think Asimov wrote a short story about such a world in some sci-fi magazine, and at the end he writes a footnote that the story was initially rejected because it turns out onions really don't exist, and it's like this meta twilight-zone kinda thing.

biosterous

alexandriao posted:

can you draw a dragon

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
this thread has made it very difficult for me to imagine a world without onions, because when i start trying to imagine a world without onions, i suddenly have the urge to eat onions, so then i eat some onions, and the ability to imagine a world without onions slips further from my grasp

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

google THIS

Dr. Honked posted:

this thread has made it very difficult for me to imagine a world without onions, because when i start trying to imagine a world without onions, i suddenly have the urge to eat onions, so then i eat some onions, and the ability to imagine a world without onions slips further from my grasp

Technically every time you eat onions you bring us one step closer to a world without onions becoming a reality

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
samoans would probably die out due 2 starvation. did u know??? samoan is just a lazy way of saying "some mo' onions"

ask the rock if u don't believe me

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot