Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Congrats to the red team, who are actually the blue team, which made watching the match very confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Shrapnig posted:

Congrats to the red team, who are actually the blue team, which made watching the match very confusing

And the home team playing in our away shirts, to add to the confusion.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Affectionately running my hands over a book of forged accounts and dodgy payments like stroking an old horse you once knew. It's good to be back

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Affectionately running my hands over a book of forged accounts and dodgy payments like stroking an old horse you once knew. It's good to be back

can the new owners start up a Pravda-esque radio station and write insane ramblings in the program, you know, for old time's sake?

(also the M69 Derby is back)

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

The thing with the discourse around Luton’s ground is that match going fans love it. Dog poo poo grounds are the best. I’m glad Luton have gone up now because the Premier League has already been robbed of Griffin Park in favour of Brentford moving into the worlds most boring stadium.

Off to Wembley tomorrow to see if Wednesday consign that miracle second leg to a pointless history.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bumhead posted:

The thing with the discourse around Luton’s ground is that match going fans love it. Dog poo poo grounds are the best. I’m glad Luton have gone up now because the Premier League has already been robbed of Griffin Park in favour of Brentford moving into the worlds most boring stadium.

Off to Wembley tomorrow to see if Wednesday consign that miracle second leg to a pointless history.

the way Bannan's played this year I think he'll pretty much win promotion for you guys all by himself.

good luck and have fun.

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Troy Queef posted:

the way Bannan's played this year I think he'll pretty much win promotion for you guys all by himself.

good luck and have fun.

Bannan seems truly, genuinely committed to this “put it right” mission he’s on with the club in a way that’s.. pretty rare in football these days. Regardless what happens I’m expecting him to put in a big shift, and he’s difficult to live with in League One (or The Championship) when he puts those performances in. Barnsley is never, ever an easy game for us though.

And thanks!

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

do you th ink leeds will use some of the parachute money to buy a left back?

Jean-Paul Shartre
Jan 16, 2015

this sentence no verb

Doctor Teeth posted:

do you th ink leeds will use some of the parachute money to buy a left back?

Dunno, but I'd rather be right back than left back if I were them.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

:dadjoke:

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
what a nonsense red lol

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Congrats to Wednesday and Darren Moore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think playing russian roulette is probably more relaxing than being a Wednesday fan, but get the gently caress in.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
drat, all of Sheffield got promoted. I wonder how often that happens that two [City name] clubs both get promoted.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Sheffield FC did not get promoted this season

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

pik_d posted:

drat, all of Sheffield got promoted. I wonder how often that happens that two [City name] clubs both get promoted.

There’s never been a full division gap between the two in my life and frankly I’m just loving delighted that continues to be the case.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Sheffield FC did not get promoted this season

They're not even in Yorkshire! Not a real Sheffield team imho

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
ok i know this puts them like 5 levels below the EFL on the pyramid but still

https://buryfc.co.uk/bury-football-club-we-are-back/?mc_cid=dee871107a

quote:

We are delighted to confirm that Bury Football Club will be back playing at Gigg Lane for the new season.

The FA have now confirmed that the name Bury Football Club can be used in competition, and a squad is ready to start the 2023/24 season in the North West Counties Football League Premier Division.

The club will use its full name, Bury Football Club, and the abbreviated Bury FC where appropriate. Where team names have a suffix, we will use Bury FC in the team name, for example Bury FC Reserves, Bury FC Women.

The North West Counties Football League will simply show ‘Bury’ in all fixture lists and league table, in accordance with their convention.

We want to thank all the people and organisations that have made this possible and who continue to support us on and off the pitch.

Please join us on our adventure and become a member to help fund the club and allow you a say on how it is run. Everyone is welcome to join us on our wonderful journey.

Up the Shakers and see you in July!

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Posting before the we set up the EFL and accountancy questions 2023 thread to say that if Leeds hire Steven Gerrard as the new manager I will delete this entire website

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Posting before the we set up the EFL and accountancy questions 2023 thread to say that if Leeds hire Steven Gerrard as the new manager I will delete this entire website

While I long for the sweet release where else would I post incessantly to lol at that scenario?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

the sex ghost posted:

This is a reasonable response.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

the sex ghost posted:

yeah that makes sense.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
It's time for Frankie Lamps I think.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Hedgehog Pie posted:

It's time for Frankie Lamps I think.

Think he hates Leeds too much for that after bielsa insidiously and deviously watched one of his training sessions to learn his management secrets

Also we tried poo poo American manager and poo poo American players so let's give poo poo American owners a spin

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1667267824308613120?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

£170m is the reported amount which feels like no money at all. Either Leeds go back up in which case it's a bargain for a prem club or they get trapped in the EFL zone forever and waste a load of money in which case lol owned

RIP Andrea Radrizzani, you were everyone's second favourite dodgy Italian TV salesman and then you sacked bielsa and tried to sell the stadium to buy sampdoria

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

the sex ghost posted:

£170m is the reported amount which feels like no money at all.

Jeez, between Chelsea transfer windows and the Saudi Arabian league it’s difficult to judge what amount of money means what these days. That’s less than a year of Benzema, right?

Also, what’s the general mood at this point on which EFL teams will be pushing for the top spots next season? Given the Premier League relegations, League 1 promotions and general state of the rest of the league, etc.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

to clarify, Leeds United are worth 4.855478 Andy Carrolls

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

The agreed price was £400m if they had stayed up

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dave Angel posted:

Also, what’s the general mood at this point on which EFL teams will be pushing for the top spots next season? Given the Premier League relegations, League 1 promotions and general state of the rest of the league, etc.

to be honest at this stage, before the transfer window really has kicked on and loans have been made, nobody knows. everyone's expecting Southampton to do pretty well and keep a fair few good players, Leicester will likely re-invest the money they get for Maddison and Barnes pretty well, same goes for Cov and how much they get for Gyokeres and Hamer, WBA got hit hard by injuries and may lose Corberan to Leeds, Leeds have new ownership and will be getting rid of a lot of players, Birmingham finally got new ownership and have a strong core, Ipswich really look like they're in a good position...it's going to be a really interesting season.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

brb trademarking "the wigan athletic fc"

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65881568

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Think he hates Leeds too much for that after bielsa insidiously and deviously watched one of his training sessions to learn his management secrets

Also we tried poo poo American manager and poo poo American players so let's give poo poo American owners a spin

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1667267824308613120?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

£170m is the reported amount which feels like no money at all. Either Leeds go back up in which case it's a bargain for a prem club or they get trapped in the EFL zone forever and waste a load of money in which case lol owned

RIP Andrea Radrizzani, you were everyone's second favourite dodgy Italian TV salesman and then you sacked bielsa and tried to sell the stadium to buy sampdoria

For what it's worth I've read that the San Francisco 49ers are very well run as an organization. They don't have to contend with promotion and relegation in the NFL, but still I'm happy to give them a crack at majority ownership over the incredibly vain man who sends weepy DMs to YouTubers and fucks off to Italy to try to buy another club in the middle of his current club being relegated.

Now that Orta isn't there to sign 7,000 wingers when we need a replacement for Bamford and some better defenders, hopefully 49ers put some people who know what they are doing in charge of running the club and stay behind the scenes cutting checks.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/ontheminute/status/1668870825200480256

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

two epl-winning managers in two seasons and they're still going to finish eighth in the championship

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Taking pep’s assistant worked out for Arsenal, so will definitely work out for us. Just glad it’s not any of the half dozen failed name former players that have been linked to Leicester. Now to simply build an entire new team and crush the most competitive league in the world on the first attempt.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

https://www.efl.com/news/2023/june/efl-statement-reading-fc

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Tell you what, there can’t be many clubs in world football that have had a 4-6 weeks like Wednesday have;

- First club in history to get 96 points and not go up automatic
- Lost first leg 4-0
- Win second leg 5-1 and win on pens
- Win final in 123rd minute
- Manager leaves by “mutual consent” the week the fixtures are out

Never know anything like it.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Bumhead posted:

Tell you what, there can’t be many clubs in world football that have had a 4-6 weeks like Wednesday have;

- Lost first leg 4-0

lol

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

Bumhead posted:

- Lost first leg 4-0

Now I kinda wish they hadn't won the final, just for all the 96 Tears bantz. :v:

Bumhead
Sep 26, 2022

Moktaro posted:

Now I kinda wish they hadn't won the final, just for all the 96 Tears bantz. :v:

What on Earth is “96 Tears bantz”?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
And I feel so proud
to be alive
one would hope it isn't a joke about hillsborough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

i believe he's referencing the song and the points total being the same

hillsborough was 97, anyway