Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
that's Joe Lumley, a series of football manager glitches.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
Sunderland will have not wanted to concede two in the final like 5 minutes.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol Sunderland

Didn't realise it was the QPR keeper who had equalised, that's even better

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

Hearing reports that Seny Dieng is the best striker in the championship

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 13, 2022

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

^^^ Yeah that was hilarious.

sebzilla posted:

Always nice to see Cheltenham take a hiding

I would say they fell at the last fence but hell, sounds like they fell at all of them somehow.

Moktaro fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Aug 14, 2022

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
That Brad Potts goal :eyepop:

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i hope my boro boys win today

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy posted:

i hope my boro boys win today

boro will have wanted to not concede that.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

GET hosed YOU DIRTY SOUTHERN BASTARDS

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

hmm, don't enjoy that

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Ryan Giles will have wanted to score in the other net.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
HE'S LIKE A NEW SIGNING

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Hell of a match. Shame we didn't get a winner there, but after that horrendous own goal I'm glad we at least picked up a point.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Surely Brereton-Diaz won’t replicate last season’s form I said before the start of this game haha

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Surely Steve Bruce won’t make only 3 subs yet again, especially considering the heat, I said before this game haha

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

always good to see middlesbrough legend adam reach

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

:siren: a 4th Albion sub has hit ewood park, also still finding it incredible that Taylor Gardner-Hickman hasn’t played in the league yet after last season.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

How to poo poo-stir like a proper journalist

https://www.espn.nl/video/clip/_/id/10771594

(Watch the whole interview, it's great. If only English journalists asked questions like this lol)

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Dell_Zincht posted:

How to poo poo-stir like a proper journalist

https://www.espn.nl/video/clip/_/id/10771594

(Watch the whole interview, it's great. If only English journalists asked questions like this lol)

free my boy

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

Steve Bruce in his post match interview today admitted that Albion had to let Alex Mowatt go on loan in order to free up funds to sign a striker. I’m not a fan of Lai (our owner) and generally I’ve defended him against the Facebook contingent because while he hasn’t put money in to the club, he also hasn’t taken any money out until a ~£4m loan to one of his other companies during this preseason. He’s promised to pay that loan back during the winter break, but man I think that’s still a really bad look that points to an admittedly worrying trend financially since he’s taken over.

I’m sure West Brom have one of the highest wage bills in the championship but that kind of spending can’t continue without some kind of injection of funds, unless we somehow get promoted in the next 2 years.

Worrying stuff imo and I’m really hoping this board isn’t biting off more than they can chew. Especially considering the two people running things are Ron Gourlay and some random business associate of Lai’s.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sprotto posted:

Steve Bruce in his post match interview today admitted that Albion had to let Alex Mowatt go on loan in order to free up funds to sign a striker. I’m not a fan of Lai (our owner) and generally I’ve defended him against the Facebook contingent because while he hasn’t put money in to the club, he also hasn’t taken any money out until a ~£4m loan to one of his other companies during this preseason. He’s promised to pay that loan back during the winter break, but man I think that’s still a really bad look that points to an admittedly worrying trend financially since he’s taken over.

I’m sure West Brom have one of the highest wage bills in the championship but that kind of spending can’t continue without some kind of injection of funds, unless we somehow get promoted in the next 2 years.

Worrying stuff imo and I’m really hoping this board isn’t biting off more than they can chew. Especially considering the two people running things are Ron Gourlay and some random business associate of Lai’s.

The Championship is an absolute mess where every club is trying to maintain a squad that costs twice their income in wages. Honestly the only way it's going to sort itself out is if >20 owners decide they're not propping up these failing businesses any more and the league starts actually living within its means. At the moment everyone's gambling on promotion or selling wonderkids to the PL every couple of seasons, and most of the time it doesn't work out so you've got all these £15m income clubs with £100m+ of long term debt (perfectly fine under FFP if you build it gradually enough, obviously) they won't pay off until some sucker buys the club and then continues the spiral.

Fans have come to think that any owner not putting £10m of their own money into the till every year is bad and killing they are club. Show some ambition, mun!

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

sassassin posted:

The Championship is an absolute mess where every club is trying to maintain a squad that costs twice their income in wages. Honestly the only way it's going to sort itself out is if >20 owners decide they're not propping up these failing businesses any more and the league starts actually living within its means. At the moment everyone's gambling on promotion or selling wonderkids to the PL every couple of seasons, and most of the time it doesn't work out so you've got all these £15m income clubs with £100m+ of long term debt (perfectly fine under FFP if you build it gradually enough, obviously) they won't pay off until some sucker buys the club and then continues the spiral.

Fans have come to think that any owner not putting £10m of their own money into the till every year is bad and killing they are club. Show some ambition, mun!

Some boro fans are turning on Gibson because we are still trying to be shrewd in the transfer market after selling 22m worth of players, seemingly forgetting what happened last time we just overpaid for anyone and everyone lol.

sprotto
Jul 16, 2017

sassassin posted:

lol yeah your second paragraph is basically every other comment on West Brom related social media and is why I no longer engage with such things. Albion are more of a £50-£70m income club but I find it incredibly telling how accurate everything you’ve said compares to what’s been happening behind the scenes over the last few years. Finding some sucker to buy the club has been Lai’s read between the lines business plan since the season after he took over. I think he deeply regrets buying the club.

I do wonder what the breaking point is though. Because the owners will never band together to sort things out themselves, I’m sure they’d lose too much money doing so, especially when they’re all trying to find the next a) payday to keep things going or b) sucker, which is basically a but in a different form. I wonder how many Burys and Wigans the EFL will grind up before we get to the straw that breaks the camel’s back.

mactheknife
Jul 20, 2004

THE JOLLY CANDY-LIKE BUTTON
charlton are shockingly half-decent but i really wish we could string together two coherent halves

also i got interviewed on the halftime show by minto and curbs this weekend and it was extremely cool

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Looking forward to hopefully ending Boro win watch 2022 with three points tomorrow.

If not, at least we have Reading coming up this weekend - though sadly Joe Lumley will be ineligible.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Can someone check in on sassassin?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

wow 4 swansea goals

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Levels of match fixing not seen outside of the Ghanaian Super League

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JingleBells posted:

Can someone check in on sassassin?

My stream died around 70. Just checked the score and lol Millwall were complete crap easily the worst team we've played so far this season.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Lol Nathan Wood scoring own goals on the pitch as well as off it I see

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lol Nathan Wood scoring own goals on the pitch as well as off it I see

He's honestly been better than I expected given how much poo poo he gets from Boro fans. He's only playing because Cabango isn't fully fit yet. Excellent like for like option obviously.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

He's honestly been better than I expected given how much poo poo he gets from Boro fans. He's only playing because Cabango isn't fully fit yet. Excellent like for like option obviously.

When he got sold a sizable portion of online Boro fans were lamenting the sale and denouncing Wilder for turning his back on the academy system.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Rogue0071 posted:

When he got sold a sizable portion of online Boro fans were lamenting the sale and denouncing Wilder for turning his back on the academy system.

He wasn't sold strictly for football reasons

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

He wasn't sold strictly for football reasons

What did he do, op?

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

sassassin posted:

What did he do, op?

Preferred shagging local lasses behind his long term partner's back and getting pally with Aaron Connolly when he came back from Hibs after playing one game on loan for them, awful attitude on him and thought he deserved to be starting for Boro (without actually showing anything to prove it in training.)

Wilder took one look at him and was like "nope"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

boro game is rigged