Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-verge-completing-signing-brentford-24595342

Forss apparently had a medical for Boro today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Eric the Mauve posted:

We have enough good midfielders, said no director manager or supporter ever

For Boro, we currently have three senior midfielders in a system that plays three assuming the Tavernier sale goes through. We had Caolan Boyd-Munce and Hayden Hackney on the bench for the West Brom match.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Aug 1, 2022

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

ItohRespectArmy posted:

would like to see boro sign some strikers imo

We are linked to a Norwegian striker in the Eredivisie who I think would be a real steal - practically Larseny...

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/middlesbrough-close-matthew-hoppe-signing-24685837

Shouts out to the USMiddlesbroughNT

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Moktaro posted:

Chris Willock, he's no pillock. :v:

Shameful collapse in the 2nd half though, bet they would've equalized if not for the red card.

I don't think the red card was gamechanging, the issue was more us losing momentum completely after Forss was subbed off and having no senior striker to replace him so Crooks got moved forward and did little up front besides ineffectually try to draw fouls. Still thought we were good value to equalize in the second half prior to that which is shocking considering how bad that first half was.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

https://twitter.com/EdRyding/status/1558459154402000897

https://twitter.com/EdRyding/status/1558459594472673281

https://twitter.com/EdRyding/status/1558466418408144898

Shouts out to Joe Lumley

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Hearing reports that Seny Dieng is the best striker in the championship

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Aug 13, 2022

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Ryan Giles will have wanted to score in the other net.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Hell of a match. Shame we didn't get a winner there, but after that horrendous own goal I'm glad we at least picked up a point.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Looking forward to hopefully ending Boro win watch 2022 with three points tomorrow.

If not, at least we have Reading coming up this weekend - though sadly Joe Lumley will be ineligible.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

He's honestly been better than I expected given how much poo poo he gets from Boro fans. He's only playing because Cabango isn't fully fit yet. Excellent like for like option obviously.

When he got sold a sizable portion of online Boro fans were lamenting the sale and denouncing Wilder for turning his back on the academy system.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Absolutely gutting to not get 3 points from that match.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

Wahey lads we finally got Muniz, watch us march up the table

Nowhere to go but up.

Hoping we get another CM and a left footed CB in soon. This squad should also be doing better than 3 points in 5 games with its current composition, though.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

First win of the season let's loving go.

Clarke looked great, Muniz proved he is the perfect Boro striker already by having his first touch be an amazing volley on net, beating the keeper and... right off the post.

Much more professional job seeing off the game than vs Stoke despite the questionable penalty and Fergie time-esque 8 minutes of stoppage.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

It's almost enough to make me stop listening to the radio commentary of mid-week matches on my commute home. It's an absolutely gut-wrenching experience listening to us drop points in the last minute of stoppage time again and realizing I still have 45 minutes of driving on Massachusetts highways to go.

I'm sure Hoppe is also thrilled with coming here to try to stand out and get back in the USMNT and being consigned to the bench or U21 games.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 31, 2022

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/middlesbrough-fans-say-same-thing-24937984

You got quoted in the Gazette, Dell_Zincht.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Felt like a very necessary 3 points to pick up there.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Going to be pissed off if they postpone the fixtures this weekend because of the queen dying.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

What a load of loving nonsense.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

I caught the first half of the Boro match. Absolutely shocking, our midfield was a shambles, the defense looked disinterested in making challenges, and Muniz was on an island. At least they seem to have made it less embarassing in the second half I guess.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Shouts out to the very light blue vs white kit clash in Boro-Coventry

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Well that's another gutting loss for the Boro.

Let's please never leave Giles on the bench to start again.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

the sex ghost posted:

RIP chris wilder

I was defending him for the start of the season when we were playing well and not getting results due to a bunch of worldies and poo poo ref calls but it's just totally gone to poo poo the last several games. Getting 1 pt from Cardiff at home, Rotherham at home, Coventry away while looking totally shattered and slow is just not acceptable regardless of the window being a little disappointing.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Needs an edit to have Leo hanging out the window

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Another piss-poor Boro loss featuring: a shocking officiating decision leading to a goal which was also a bizarre fluke, a goal conceded through a horrific defensive error, and a total lack of confidence or quality in the final third. Feel like the writers are overusing some of their regular tropes here, starting to get a bit repetitive.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

What a game. Fair play to the lads for coming back from that poor initial goal from Wigan and absolutely smashing them.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

I've run low on ways to describe heartbreaking last minute Boro collapses.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Someone playing Vicky 3 has invested in the Chuba train

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Nov 1, 2022

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Well, I guess one each for clownball goals is ok.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Giles: scores a goal he never should, and then misses a goal he can never miss.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Chuba Akpom being one of the most prolific goalscorers in the Championship after being told to find another club this offseason is still so weird.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

Really tearing it up in... 20th?!?

He missed like a month with injury. Look at his goals/90.

Excellent win by the Boro today. Some real bright signs since Carrick has come in.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

What an incredible win from us after going down 1-0 away to Norwich.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

We love the main character, Matt Crooks, coming away with another stoppage time winner.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

sassassin posted:

Really tearing it up in... 20th?!?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Dell_Zincht posted:

We're gonna win the playoffs

Boro, of course, a team famous for its record of success at Wembley.

I guess if we can break the Ewood Park curse, why not another?

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Sublime assist for Crooks there.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Boro winning and Millwall losing in the same match is almost too good to be true. Hell of a goal by Forss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

The rare poor cross from Ryan Giles