Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

ItohRespectArmy posted:

Swansea in the back half of the season were actually pretty drat good.

lmao

We had a good run when we played 7 of the bottom 8 in a row (plus Millwall or something) but as soon as half-decent teams appeared we got pumped again.

Wood has been pretty decent in preseason, but our defensive issues can't be fixed by the players. It's a shape/system issue. A bunch of managers last season said "Swansea give you chances other teams don't" and that's unlikely to change. We leave huge gaps, and work really hard to keep the ball in areas more dangerous to us than the opposition. Martin's teams "dominate" games (have loads of possession) and lose/draw. MK Dons' results improved massively the moment he left.

We're in trouble when we lose Piroe. £20m asking price but he's the best finisher I've seen with us since Michu. And Michu wasn't just as good with his right foot, or capable of scoring from outside the box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Streams are a bit poo poo this season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
This loving manager.

"The way we play isn't always going to please everyone," the Swansea head coach said.

"I think pretty much everyone out of Swansea hates it because they're desperate to stop it and beat it."

"Even a few comments from their bench towards it tells me the mentality towards it, because we dare to try and control things and pass the ball. That's their prerogative."

"I really admire the lads sticking to it when it did get a little bit tetchy,"

We lost 3-0 you lemon.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Oxford's reserves don't know what's hit 'em. Revenge for the Shelvey Shambles of 2016.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sassassin posted:

Oxford's reserves don't know what's hit 'em. Revenge for the Shelvey Shambles of 2016.

I spoke too soon, lads.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

sprotto posted:

Steve Bruce in his post match interview today admitted that Albion had to let Alex Mowatt go on loan in order to free up funds to sign a striker. I’m not a fan of Lai (our owner) and generally I’ve defended him against the Facebook contingent because while he hasn’t put money in to the club, he also hasn’t taken any money out until a ~£4m loan to one of his other companies during this preseason. He’s promised to pay that loan back during the winter break, but man I think that’s still a really bad look that points to an admittedly worrying trend financially since he’s taken over.

I’m sure West Brom have one of the highest wage bills in the championship but that kind of spending can’t continue without some kind of injection of funds, unless we somehow get promoted in the next 2 years.

Worrying stuff imo and I’m really hoping this board isn’t biting off more than they can chew. Especially considering the two people running things are Ron Gourlay and some random business associate of Lai’s.

The Championship is an absolute mess where every club is trying to maintain a squad that costs twice their income in wages. Honestly the only way it's going to sort itself out is if >20 owners decide they're not propping up these failing businesses any more and the league starts actually living within its means. At the moment everyone's gambling on promotion or selling wonderkids to the PL every couple of seasons, and most of the time it doesn't work out so you've got all these £15m income clubs with £100m+ of long term debt (perfectly fine under FFP if you build it gradually enough, obviously) they won't pay off until some sucker buys the club and then continues the spiral.

Fans have come to think that any owner not putting £10m of their own money into the till every year is bad and killing they are club. Show some ambition, mun!

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

JingleBells posted:

Can someone check in on sassassin?

My stream died around 70. Just checked the score and lol Millwall were complete crap easily the worst team we've played so far this season.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lol Nathan Wood scoring own goals on the pitch as well as off it I see

He's honestly been better than I expected given how much poo poo he gets from Boro fans. He's only playing because Cabango isn't fully fit yet. Excellent like for like option obviously.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

He wasn't sold strictly for football reasons

What did he do, op?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Swansea are not going to win the league.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Imagine conceding 2 goals in 30 mnutes agsint loving Boro

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
We've got 1 win in the last 12 or 13 games now, if we could afford to sack him Russell Martin would already be gone.

We were passing back and forth on the halfway line in the 94th minute, some of the players have completely lost the plot. Managers have sussed out that they can just sit deep and watch us play keep ball, and we won't lay a glove on them. Big Russ claims we were "dominant" again in his press conference.

Didn't train all week apart from a light session for the cameras at England's HQ.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Eric the Mauve posted:

Swansea won 61 to 39 though? Not seeing the problem here

Should've been 70+

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Dell_Zincht posted:

My workmate supports the 'pools and was absolutely fuming yesterday.

Boro with our first win of the season, Swansea very well could end up being the worst team we'll play at the Riverside this season. Just awful. How Piroe got 24 goals for them last season is unfathomable.

Last season everything he hit went bottom corner. Demolished his xGs. Scored with both feet and from all ranges. Bailed us out in a lot of games.

He's desperate for a move but we scared off all interest at the start of the summer by asking for £20m. If someone offers £8-10m now he'll be off and I'll start genuinely worrying about relegation.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm fuming.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Will be disappointed if we don't boo the anthem louder than Sheff Utd fans tonight. Need another win.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Well you either laugh or you send abusive messages to Kyle Naughton on twitter.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Dodgy streams are poo poo so I'm watching Preston beat West Brom and imagining it's Swansea beating Watford. Didn't know we'd resigned Woodman.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Rogue0071 posted:

Chuba Akpom being one of the most prolific goalscorers in the Championship after being told to find another club this offseason is still so weird.

Really tearing it up in... 20th?!?