Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Joey Barton posted this after Bristol Rovers 2-2 Fleetwood. It's important to remember the following things:

• Bobby Madden was a former top-division referee in the SPFL who was long rumored to be a Celtic fan, and relocated this year to England for work/had to start his ref journey over in the EFL
  • Fleetwood are managed by Scott Brown, considered a legend by Celtic fans
  • When Joey Barton played for Rangers, he infamously tried to wind up a notorious wind-up merchant in Brown, and it went badly for ol' Joey
  • Joey Barton is a colossal oval office who has been convicted for affray, stubbing out a cigar into a Man City youth teammate's eye, and was accused of intimate partner violence
https://twitter.com/Joey7Barton/status/1591734072082337792?s=20&t=Aaad05nL4UDVTVEKu3w_9w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/htafc/status/1625133973004230657?s=46&t=FMdtB5GJHEHzakawMGghMw

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I just checked and Boro-Coventry is on the last day of the season, man that game will have a LOT of implications (playoff, automatic promotion, goal scoring title)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Coventry finally got Sisu out and now they’re knocking on the door of the playoffs. Good for them.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

counterpoint: Big Dik Vik Gyokeres, who just scored again

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

karmicknight posted:

has gyokeres gotten to 20 goals yet? (no, but it's way closer than I was expecting)

said it earlier but Boro v Cov is the last game of the year and it'll have a LOT of implications they way both clubs are playing

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Rogue0071 posted:

Absolute loving shocker of a performance from the Boro.

Same but Cov, thankfully every other team in the promotion hunt ALSO lost or at best drew this round

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

god, Quite Poor Really are actually going to go from 1st to relegated

(or they would if Reading didn't get a points deduction)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

We’ve got a goalie goal to keep the drama alive https://twitter.com/allthingskyblue/status/1648793726746075138?s=46&t=H3Sb6azR2C6xsKWhQLRvOw

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Lol did he punch that in?

I can neither confirm nor deny that

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Chuba Akpom EFL Championship Player of The Season.

Naturally.

I don't think anyone likes Kompany getting Manager of the Year: Robins, Carrick, Mowbray, and Rowett were all floated as better candidates based on both body of work and their circumstances.

anyway my dream playoff is Boro/Luton/Coventry/Sunderland, even if it takes whoever the hell Boro's chariman is channeling the ghost of Jimmy Hill to make sure that game kicks off a bit later (which is incredibly appropriate given who they're playing in match 46)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dell_Zincht posted:

Still annoying to lose to a pack of cheating bastards & a poo poo ref.

Carlton Morris even basically admitted diving in his post match interview. I hope we loving stuff the cunts at Wembley.

Sadly Luton still have a shot at automatic promotion

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

So Sky announced which three games would be televised on the last day of the Championship, and guess which game is NOT one of them

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

a hearty lol at Derby missing out on the playoffs with a last-day loss

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

karmicknight posted:

just give them the loving goal. it's so loving funny after you didn't give them the indirect free kick inside the box.

Good game, now to do it again two more times lol

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

the sex ghost posted:

Affectionately running my hands over a book of forged accounts and dodgy payments like stroking an old horse you once knew. It's good to be back

can the new owners start up a Pravda-esque radio station and write insane ramblings in the program, you know, for old time's sake?

(also the M69 Derby is back)

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Bumhead posted:

The thing with the discourse around Luton’s ground is that match going fans love it. Dog poo poo grounds are the best. I’m glad Luton have gone up now because the Premier League has already been robbed of Griffin Park in favour of Brentford moving into the worlds most boring stadium.

Off to Wembley tomorrow to see if Wednesday consign that miracle second leg to a pointless history.

the way Bannan's played this year I think he'll pretty much win promotion for you guys all by himself.

good luck and have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Dave Angel posted:

Also, what’s the general mood at this point on which EFL teams will be pushing for the top spots next season? Given the Premier League relegations, League 1 promotions and general state of the rest of the league, etc.

to be honest at this stage, before the transfer window really has kicked on and loans have been made, nobody knows. everyone's expecting Southampton to do pretty well and keep a fair few good players, Leicester will likely re-invest the money they get for Maddison and Barnes pretty well, same goes for Cov and how much they get for Gyokeres and Hamer, WBA got hit hard by injuries and may lose Corberan to Leeds, Leeds have new ownership and will be getting rid of a lot of players, Birmingham finally got new ownership and have a strong core, Ipswich really look like they're in a good position...it's going to be a really interesting season.