Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Think he hates Leeds too much for that after bielsa insidiously and deviously watched one of his training sessions to learn his management secrets

Also we tried poo poo American manager and poo poo American players so let's give poo poo American owners a spin

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1667267824308613120?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

£170m is the reported amount which feels like no money at all. Either Leeds go back up in which case it's a bargain for a prem club or they get trapped in the EFL zone forever and waste a load of money in which case lol owned

RIP Andrea Radrizzani, you were everyone's second favourite dodgy Italian TV salesman and then you sacked bielsa and tried to sell the stadium to buy sampdoria

For what it's worth I've read that the San Francisco 49ers are very well run as an organization. They don't have to contend with promotion and relegation in the NFL, but still I'm happy to give them a crack at majority ownership over the incredibly vain man who sends weepy DMs to YouTubers and fucks off to Italy to try to buy another club in the middle of his current club being relegated.

Now that Orta isn't there to sign 7,000 wingers when we need a replacement for Bamford and some better defenders, hopefully 49ers put some people who know what they are doing in charge of running the club and stay behind the scenes cutting checks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1681049922345246721?s=20

We all love the san andreas 49ers. Excited to see what sort of financial irregularities they'll bring to the championship

They have a shitload more money than Radz ever did, so at the very least the irregularities should be much greater in scale than what Andrea could have cooked up.

In all seriousness I'm cautiously optimistic that they are actually going to do a good job. I don't really follow the NFL, but based on what I've read the San Francisco 49ers were lost in the mist for years before Paraag and his group took over running the franchise. The game is completely different obviously, but the principles of good management they applied there are basically universal.

Farke is a very sensible manager appointment given his history of success in the EFL and I like Ampadu as a first signing. I also thought it was a good move to get in the guy who oversaw the transition of Newcastle to new ownership on a temporary basis rather than rush out and hire a new director of football right away. If we can hold on to players like Gnonto, Adams, Rutter, Woeber, and Summerville and then build around them we could actually get promoted back up this year. Not to mention that among Archie Gray, Gyabi, Joseph, and Joffy there's a ton of talent and potential for at least one of them to breakthrough and become a great first team player.

And hey if it all goes to poo poo Paraag won't be sending embarrassing Twitter DMs about "white smoke soon on a new manager" to YouTubers with 500 subscribers and then spending a month getting rejected by every single person they wanted before settling on Javi Gracia.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 19, 2023