Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

Karol-Man posted:

Sex smells. Remember that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

op, we given you enough ideas, it's time to pick one and write your business plan

post it here by close of business tomorrow

thanks

cnut
May 3, 2016

Sex den that sells opium, too.

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Goon angel investors are lining up around the corner from the thread with briefcases bursting with freshly minted bills straight from the treasury to greet the new executive officer who will make all their dreams come true, and yet opie is nowhere to be seen.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
I'm working on a thing that drains ear infections and clear sinuses, enough that I've gotten it to the prototype phase, and small scale trials have been successful. It needs to be refined though and I don't know how to get a company or someone somewhere to do that, and then I have to do product testing, and then take it to market and ugh I'm already very tired at my own job.

Someone do this for me and I'll cut you into the business.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
An app that uses your camera to weigh, and rate, your poo poo. You squeeze one out, point your phone at it and it appraises your droppings. There's a social element where you share these ratings with friends, or challenge your enemies to a crap off.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
An add on so Alexa/Google/whoever responds to my command "rate this fart"

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

I'm working on a thing that drains ear infections and clear sinuses, enough that I've gotten it to the prototype phase, and small scale trials have been successful. It needs to be refined though and I don't know how to get a company or someone somewhere to do that, and then I have to do product testing, and then take it to market and ugh I'm already very tired at my own job.

really?

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
a business where you buy illegal drugs cheaply overseas and import them for a profit

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I'll give you $10 for a 15% stake in your business but only on the condition that if sales targets are not reached by 3Q22 the stake will turn into a priority loan

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

yeah. i tried to get my friend to help me but he got busy. his job was streamlining the whole thing, and had some ideas, but never prototyped a new product. right now i need someone to refine the drat thing, though he has my actual initial design and i don't want to make a new one. i'd pay a company to do it for a small fee but haven't looked into it too much. idk man.

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

GABA ghoul posted:

I'll give you $10 for a 15% stake in your business but only on the condition that if sales targets are not reached by 3Q22 the stake will turn into a priority loan

i'll counter offer that you give me $10 and i'll send you a picture of my huge ding dong

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

i'll counter offer that you give me $10 and i'll send you a picture of my huge ding dong

I have no experience in the nanotech industry so, on account of that, I'm out *camera swings dramatically across the forums*

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

A vacation town mon 'n pop shop where it acts as a regional front for the international gun running conglomerate.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I’ve heard things about mangosteens

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Open up an old-timey small town general store, but all you sell are finishing nails.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

yeah. i tried to get my friend to help me but he got busy. his job was streamlining the whole thing, and had some ideas, but never prototyped a new product. right now i need someone to refine the drat thing, though he has my actual initial design and i don't want to make a new one. i'd pay a company to do it for a small fee but haven't looked into it too much. idk man.

Have you tried talking with a patent lawyer?

Not necessarily for patenting, but for knowledge/contacts on process.

I know about product testing but that's easy. You just call a lab like SGS or intertek and then give them money.

I had a few ideas a few times and nothing ever panned out.

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Jul 29, 2022

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
a yearly small penis festival

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

kntfkr posted:

Have you tried talking with a patent lawyer?

Not necessarily for patenting, but for knowledge/contacts on process.

I know about product testing but that's easy. You just call a lab like SGS or intertek and then give them money.

I had a few ideas a few times and nothing ever panned out.

i havent done any of that because i dont know poo poo about gently caress, but i'll look into it. thank you. you can have a free Sin-u-cleanse (patent pending)

2nd Amendment
Jun 9, 2022

by Pragmatica
"Love is Love Electric". Sell male-male and female-female power cords clearly labeled as novelty items. You'll make good money during the Christmas season for reasons beyond your ken.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Something involving boobs

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
a freestyle parkour/rage room/bar/bowling alley/extreme sports venue where dudes can come and also place bets on the tricks other dudes do

mst4k
Apr 18, 2003

budlitemolaram

Become an abortion bounty broker in Texas

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

A hole in the wall where you can see it all

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
A shop that sells opium den supplies

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

GABA ghoul posted:

A hole in the wall where you can see it all

Glory Holes Plus+

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
A literal cum dumpster business.

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Fist Dinner

People with too much money pay you to turn up at dinner time and beat the poo poo out of them.

Time_pants
Jun 25, 2012

Now sauntering to the ring, please welcome the lackadaisical style of the man who is always doing something...

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Fist Dinner

People with too much money pay you to turn up at dinner time and beat the poo poo out of them.

Excuse me. This infringes on my copyright for Knuckle Supper, Inc.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL
Rent out other peoples' houses as Air bnb's when they aren't there or when they are there.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Out of curiosity OP, what skills or talents do you have?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Tarkus posted:

Out of curiosity OP, what skills or talents do you have?

This has no relevance for small business ownership.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
In fact less is more unless we're talking about necessary start up costs - but that's why we have loans!

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

start a money counterfeiting operation

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

keep a low profile by making only counterfeit coins and $1 bills

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Has anyone said suckin dicks yet

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

shut up blegum posted:

A shop that sells opium den supplies

You could probably get away with selling dried opium poppies if you said they were for “arts and crafts”.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

I’m seriously considering buying an apartment building and being a landlord. I would deny it left and right on here though if I ever did it. Just seems like a good, financially rewarding, and easy job for a neurodivergent person like myself.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I’m seriously considering buying an apartment building and being a landlord. I would deny it left and right on here though if I ever did it. Just seems like a good, financially rewarding, and easy job for a neurodivergent person like myself.

Absolutely. Why worry about what a bunch of crybaby forum zeros think? Running a business or investing in property is a big risk. if you can do well at it, all the power to ya'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Tarkus posted:

Absolutely. Why worry about what a bunch of crybaby forum zeros think? Running a business or investing in property is a big risk. if you can do well at it, all the power to ya'.

I worry about the :guillotine: emotes I see now and then.