Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
things are getting too disruptive for the mods to control. we discovered tajikistan and everyone went wild. this is a safe space

i mostly like diced white onions added to things, but there are lots of good ways to eat onions :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scuba Trooper

take a big bite out of an onion like an apple. chomp

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Scuba Trooper

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
onion knight sucked me off??

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I hear the onion biz is bloomin!

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

barnold posted:

According to the USDA’s numbers for 2017, the latest figures available, the annual per capital consumption of onions rose to 21.9 pounds per person in 2017, a 15 percent increase from 2016 and a 12 percent increase from 2009. Only fresh cauliflower consumption was higher, with a 38 percent increase from 2016-17.

Consumption data coincides with a 2017 report from Datassential, which showed that the onion was the top vegetable in 2016 at dining establishments, penetrating 93 percent of all establishments across the country and appearing in 12 percent of all dishes — a 26 percent overall increase since 2005. According to that report, onion use in restaurants, from fast-casual to fine dining, has increased 3 percent from 2005-16. Most notably, their use in appetizers has grown 21 percent in that time, and their use in side dishes has grown 14 percent. The increase of pickled and caramelized onions was the greatest on menus studied.

Thank you, National Onion Association, for keeping us up to date on onion penetration.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
when I worked for a university handling grant applications I had to deal with the National Mushroom Council a lot, which was disappointingly a bunch of humans

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

big fan of grilled onions here, cooked on a flattop griddle

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Manifisto

Buttchocks posted:

onion penetration

:mods:

ty nesamdoom!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

this thread is for discussing onion consumption NOT onion fornication!!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
imagine... a world without onion fornication....

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

this thread is for discussing onion consumption NOT onion fornication!!

yes and please make sure your posts are grounded in reality!!

Manifisto

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

*an sexy cartoon onion, slowly slipping layer after layer off until nothing remains*

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Buttchocks

:shepface:

Scuba Trooper

Heather Papps posted:

*an sexy cartoon onion, slowly slipping layer after layer off until nothing remains*

:q:

Ass-penny

wtf I was browsing this thread at work and now I have no job so thanks

Ass-penny

Kaiser Schnitzel posted:

big fan of grilled onions here, cooked on a flattop griddle

raw onions are superior imo, hopefully this doesn't further divide byob, but I know how we are about food preferences.

Twenty Four

rear end-penny posted:

raw onions are superior imo, hopefully this doesn't further divide byob, but I know how we are about food preferences.

I feel like it depends on what the dish is.

Bowl of chili? Dice some raw onions up and throw a pile of them on top with some shredded cheese.

Italian beef sandwich? Those bad boys better be grilled or sauteed. Also cheese, I like cheese.

Twenty Four

also lol

google THIS

Twenty Four posted:

I feel like it depends on what the dish is.

Bowl of chili? Dice some raw onions up and throw a pile of them on top with some shredded cheese.

Italian beef sandwich? Those bad boys better be grilled or sauteed. Also cheese, I like cheese.

Yeah there's no one size fits all on this. You wouldn't want sautéed onions on your salad but if you're making fajitas, what, you're going to put everything else in the skillet but keep the onions on the side?

Twenty Four

google THIS posted:

Yeah there's no one size fits all on this. You wouldn't want sautéed onions on your salad but if you're making fajitas, what, you're going to put everything else in the skillet but keep the onions on the side?

:hai:

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

what if the chairman of kitchen stadium just took a big ol bite out of a raw onion

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

your friend sk posted:

what if the chairman of kitchen stadium just took a big ol bite out of a raw onion

unsure if that would increase of decrease raw onion consumption tbh

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

your friend sk posted:

As is befitting of a world leader, yes

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

i like putting onion in my food and i’m tired of pretending that i don’t

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Ass-penny

watho posted:

i like putting onion in my food and i’m tired of pretending that i don’t

:peanut:

Escape From Noise

I like raw red onion on my salads.

Nosfereefer

there are places in the world where people eat a slice if bread w/ butter and raw onion

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Nosfereefer posted:

there are places in the world where people eat a slice if bread w/ butter and raw onion

i'm only ever 1 slice of cheese away fro doing that

Nosfereefer

okay i haven't researched this at all, but someone claimed that the jain dont eat onions. can one of our forum jainism experts chime in?

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

Nosfereefer posted:

okay i haven't researched this at all, but someone claimed that the jain dont eat onions. can one of our forum jainism experts chime in?

it is true, and also some hindus. iirc they believe it traps the soul here on earth or something like that

Nosfereefer

Sherbert Hoover posted:

it traps the soul here on earth or something like that

is this true? :ohdear:

biosterous

if so, imo it's worth it

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Buttchocks

Ghostbusters, but the traps are piles of grilled onions.

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER

Buttchocks posted:

Ghostbusters, but the traps are piles of grilled onions.

thatd get me, ngl

thanks Manifisto!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Oh no

Escape From Noise posted:

I like raw red onion on my salads.
Also burgers. Red ones are good on burgers.