Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manifisto

Nosfereefer posted:

okay i haven't researched this at all, but someone claimed that the jain dont eat onions. can one of our forum jainism experts chime in?

I studied the history of buddhism in college (I mean, a few classes, it wasn't my major or anything) and one detail I learned was that buddhist monks historically were forbidden from eating onions (and other alliums) because it was thought to be an aphrodesiac. can't let the monks get horny, apparently.

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

:siren: HORNY MONKS ONLINE NOW IN YOUR AREA :siren:

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
that feel when you get an awkward onion boner

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Manifisto

Dr. Honked posted:

that feel when you get an awkward onion boner

buddha might or might not be judging you, but the point is, he might

ty nesamdoom!

Heather Papps

hello friend

Manifisto posted:

buddha might or might not be judging you, but the point is, he might

adoration to the exalted one of infinite layers

namely: oh! flavour-producing one!

dinner-creation-perfecting one!

tasty-miracle one!

(chef) performs miracle with onions,

chef makes (onion) glory in the pan,

all hail!

i... feel like i will be denied entry into the pure land for this. oh well!

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
just a reminder that this thread is for discussing current onion consumption in this world, not current non-consumption of onions in this world

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Finger Prince

I like to dice onions and peppers and fry them with some capers and sometimes some garlic and/or mushrooms then mixing them into beaten eggs, them pouring the lot back into the pan to make ace scrambled eggs.

Finger Prince

I believe Tajikistan and Niger grow a lot of onions for export, but this is somehow being picked up on the per capita consumption stats, which is causing them to be greatly skewed.

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto posted:

I studied the history of buddhism in college (I mean, a few classes, it wasn't my major or anything) and one detail I learned was that buddhist monks historically were forbidden from eating onions (and other alliums) because it was thought to be an aphrodesiac. can't let the monks get horny, apparently.

historical dudes can be pretty silly, lmbo

*makes a note of buying more onions*

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Finger Prince posted:

I believe Tajikistan and Niger grow a lot of onions for export, but this is somehow being picked up on the per capita consumption stats, which is causing them to be greatly skewed.

that does make a lot of sense. but how do you explain sudan? or glorious albania?

Nosfereefer

https://www.tridge.com/intelligences/onion/AL
according to this, albania exported around a million metric tons of onions, while IMPORTING over two million

Nosfereefer

okay, so i guess sudan is heavily on the export side of onions
https://trendeconomy.com/data/h2/Sudan/0703

Nosfereefer

im going to make the bold claim that the albanians might actually be the greatest onion eaters of us all

Ohtori Akio
in fact i am the greatest onion eater op

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Finger Prince posted:

I like to dice onions and peppers and fry them with some capers and sometimes some garlic and/or mushrooms then mixing them into beaten eggs, them pouring the lot back into the pan to make ace scrambled eggs.

this is the way

Manifisto

Finger Prince posted:

I'd never thought of putting capers into scrambled eggs but why not, that sounds really good

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Another excuse to post this weird novelty hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mhdIVwky0

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Escape From Noise posted:

Another excuse to post this weird novelty hit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-mhdIVwky0

i love it

Manifisto

I'm gonna write a hit. a novelty hit. it's gonna be about (spins wheel) . . . onions, and it's gonna feature (spins different wheel) . . . the kazoo.

ty nesamdoom!

Escape From Noise

Manifisto posted:

I'm gonna write a hit. a novelty hit. it's gonna be about (spins wheel) . . . onions, and it's gonna feature (spins different wheel) . . . the kazoo.

The members of The KLF wrote a book on how to have a number one hit. Apparently the opening advice is "Firstly, you must be skint and on the dole."

google THIS

Sherbert Hoover posted:

just a reminder that this thread is for discussing current onion consumption in this world, not current non-consumption of onions in this world

Zero is a valid number of onions to consume. It may not be the ideal number of onions to consume but it works for discussion purposes

"Let's discuss how many onions that guy consumes"

"He doesn't consume any"

"Huh"

A discussion has been had

Finger Prince

I wonder if there's a people who don't consume at least some kind of allium. Maybe those people on those islands in the Indian ocean? I don't know if Australia, with its unique flora, has any native alliums, so maybe the traditional diet of aboriginal people didn't include them, but I don't think you could make that case now. Maybe some desert peoples, or people living in the high Arctic...

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Finger Prince posted:

I wonder if there's a people who don't consume at least some kind of allium. Maybe those people on those islands in the Indian ocean? I don't know if Australia, with its unique flora, has any native alliums, so maybe the traditional diet of aboriginal people didn't include them, but I don't think you could make that case now. Maybe some desert peoples, or people living in the high Arctic...

a world without onions is too hard to imagine, but a land without onions? that's a bit easier to deal with

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

google THIS posted:

Zero is a valid number of onions to consume. It may not be the ideal number of onions to consume but it works for discussion purposes

"Let's discuss how many onions that guy consumes"

"He doesn't consume any"

"Huh"

A discussion has been had

a hole is part of a donut, but no matter how many holes I eat it will never equal a donut :colbert:

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

Finger Prince posted:

There's something nicknamed 'bush onion' that isnt actually an onion at all - I think there were maybe no onions in Australia prior to invasion

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut