Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
saturday am and just finished making pancakes and bacon for my wife and kid
https://twitter.com/and_dads_car__/status/1553304389925965825?s=21&t=X1uE2NhhEASF7e10qjYI4A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i decided that i wanted more yogurt and granola for breakfast.. feels like that's what i mostly eat for breakfast these days if it isn't congee

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
for breakfast i had a jalapeno cheese bagel with herb & garlic boursin and bacon.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

i'm up at 6am on a saturday :mad:

Moo Cowabunga posted:

yeah I’m not dropping a grand on a sucking machine

my parents have one of those Dyson stick cordless things and it loving sucks and they were tricked in to dumping a cool 1500 for that piece of poo poo.

i have a miele from costco, it's needs suiting. more than you want to spend on a vacuum but enough that it isn't a piece of poo poo and not nearly as much as a dyson

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I have to buy a vacuum cleaner tomorrow what’s the most yospos vacuum cleaner I could buy that isn’t a robot because there are three dogs in this house even though I want a robot slave to clean up my filth
back in 2015 we bought an electrolux precision brushroll clean and it's served us well. corded but bagless. cordless vacuums are a psyop

i happen to like the design, we have the orangepos one

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

general dadvice: buy your vacuum from costco if possible, they have a good return policy if you don't happen to like your choice

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

once I returned a laptop to Costco and the lady asked me why I was returning it. I said "because it sucks." she nodded and rang me up

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
got a new PSU and a new CPU cooler so maybe now my computer won't sound like it's about to die

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Kenny Logins posted:

general dadvice: buy your vacuum from costco if possible, they have a good return policy if you don't happen to like your choice

this is 100% correct in the us but i'm not sure they have costco in nz

c morning s: got some 100% watermelon juice and its delicious

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Truman Peyote posted:

once I returned a laptop to Costco and the lady asked me why I was returning it. I said "because it sucks." she nodded and rang me up

that doesn't work when you try to return a vacuum

i just oozed out of bed and now i'm contemplating making waffles

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Raluek posted:

ive heard that sharks are loving Smooth

i have a shark and it's p deece

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Kenny Logins posted:

The cheapo eureka one they have at my store was very good. I ended up upgrading to miele though and that is also very nice although a little expensive.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

don't rub a shark the wrong way

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

i'm considering going back to sleep. i do need to do laundry and some other chores today, but i've got alllllll day to do that

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
beachposting

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Silver Alicorn posted:

don't rub a shark the wrong way

why does it matter? they’re smooth as hell

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

weekend

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i bought a bunch of salami

edit: im eating some of it now

edit2: its not strictly salami, i am using “salami” here to mean a variety of salted, dried and/or preserved pork tubes

edit3: the gendarmes are way better than the landjaegers

rotor fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jul 30, 2022

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I am looking forward to the pending opening of New Zealand’s first Costco store.

although it’s only going to be in Auckland. sigh.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
round here we say “dorkland”

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
the distaste of auckland in the sound island is palpable

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

the jafa dorks

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
missed this opening yesterday, I think I was expecting a different icon or something.

anyway, long weekend up (most of) canada way, and I took Friday off so a 4 day weekend. went out to look at furniture at ikea and had coffee and carrot cake after lunch there. then went to see the new Top Gun and missed the first like 7 minutes of the commercials because I couldn't use my usual parking spot and had to circle round to find one lol.

tonight in going to see Patton Oswalt.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

civic provincial holiday in most of canada monday hell yeah

went to the beach, drank beach potions, returned and made burgers on the grill served with icy cool german potato salad. also hell yeah

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Moo Cowabunga posted:

the jafa dorks

I remember some news article that crying about some kid who had a sign at a canterbury vs auckland rugby game and the sign he was holding up said “we hate auckland” lol

we hate auckland jesus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kenny Logins posted:

went to the beach, drank beach potions, returned and made burgers on the grill served with icy cool german potato salad. also hell yeah

living the life my friend

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
it’s sunday so that means i’m off to work. hell yeah

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I am looking forward to the pending opening of New Zealand’s first Costco store.

although it’s only going to be in Auckland. sigh.

Land of the Aucks

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Kenny Logins posted:

im gonna go see fireworks tonight, hopefully i will also be fairly drunk by that time

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

my garden is doing well

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

got the new PSU and CPU cooler in, turns out one of the fans is making a noise that I couldn't hear over the PSU. So I guess I'm replacing case fans next

outhole surfer
Mar 18, 2003

rotor posted:

i bought a bunch of salami

edit: im eating some of it now

edit2: its not strictly salami, i am using “salami” here to mean a variety of salted, dried and/or preserved pork tubes

edit3: the gendarmes are way better than the landjaegers

cured meats best meats

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

nudgenudgetilt posted:

cured meats best meats

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

got my nails painted then ate way too much food; am now being gassy & shitposting

productive?????

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

did a bunch of yard work and im tired and dirty and everything still looks like poo poo he'll yeah

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

tomorrow i get to clean the house #crushingit

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

isn’t that whole area a bit…iffy?

NinetySevenA
Feb 10, 2013

this weekend is not an official long weekend in ontario. but my i don't have to work on monday as a holiday anyway. booked tuesday off for a 5 day weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Silver Alicorn posted:

got the new PSU and CPU cooler in, turns out one of the fans is making a noise that I couldn't hear over the PSU. So I guess I'm replacing case fans next

brings us to a big question, the most effective directions to point fans

personally I wish all the fans on my pc sucked except one which blew and that blew out in a large filter, because the pc basically seems to suck all the dust from the room and and pump it out the back and it gets so fuckin dusty back there, wish I could capture it