Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Professor Beetus posted:

I would like to see some style sheet changes or perhaps a subforum background image, but my sources tell me that the fun police have loudly spoken against it.

e: That's it, that's my feedback
uspol has benefitted from the calming shades of cccc so i second this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
rules need more subsections and branches

it ain't done till it is one giant wonderful tree where we can build a truly utopian board of silence and tranquility, free from our petty squabbles

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
i need more rules to line my nest with for the coming winter

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Epic High Five posted:

No worries, I just wanted to clarify since CE is going to be one of the primary topics of this thread if I had to guess. It's actually a subforum of BYOB which is why it has the stylesheet with the calming effects of pastels and comic sans.
it has helped make uspol a better thread and i can only assume it would do the same if brought to the rest of d&d

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
im sad to say that we are all alt accounts of the same great dreamer, who must never be awoken

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

socialsecurity posted:

Maybe we should somehow remove usernames from regular users for some threads and see how that goes, there are certain groups of posters obsessed with specific posters and it drags the thread down when they pop out of nowhere to troll their posting enemy.
i too long to read anonymous shitposts

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jarmak posted:

the DnD Ukraine thread is readable and should be considered a model for other threads
my feedback is anyone who says this should be laughed at

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
it's kinda funny that there are posters saying 'there are posters who just want to yell at others for not agreeing with em' and immediately follow that by complaining about their political beliefs

Gros Tarla posted:

Why not elaborate on why?
Real answer: I think it would be overly stifling and I do want some levity here

Joke answer: lol

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jarmak posted:

I'm not sure I follow the gotcha here. The people complaining about posters who just want to yell at other who disagree with them, are presumably annoyed with having to hear about the political beliefs of the posters doing the yelling for the Nth time.

That seems pretty self-evident to me.
if you can't see why complaining about something and then doing just that in the same breath aint funny, I don't know what to tell you

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jarmak posted:

Ahh, so you just fundamentally fail to understand the complaint. The issue is not whether disagreeing with people is okay, it's whether you should be able to turn any thread into a thread about your pet issue because people are sick of hearing about it and don't want to come to your thread on the topic.

Engaging someone on a topic that they were literally the ones to bring up is not an example of that.
Lol, I understand you fine, still find the pot complaining about the kettle funny

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jarmak posted:

That's not what's happening, that is the point. This is a dumb "being intolerant of my intolerance makes you the intolerant one"-style gotcha.

Not misreading anything. Poster is trying to play a game where acknowledging the yeller's political beliefs with a negative framing is the exact same thing as the yellers bringing it up in every thread they post in regardless of its topical proximity.
the only game I'm playing is rimworld right now. Pretty good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I shall fall on your sword, sire, I'll be the sacrificial lamb