Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Herstory Begins Now posted:

What happened to him?

After being allowed to post in USCE after the last mod feedback thread, they were threadbanned a second time.

My only real feedback is that I think that starting that second subforum in CSPAM was a good move calming down the USCE thread in D&D. It feels less like a warzone with the same handful of posters constantly taking shots at each other and anyone else who they feel is siding with their posting enemies.

Outside of that, I agree with those saying that CZS should probably not mod in USCE since they seem to be really quick and heavy on probes. And letting LT2012 moderate is a good move as well, as having someone closer to the discussion deciding disciplinary action will help a lot with the "why was this worth a probation" follow up posts.

The "tired argument" rule should also go away. I could easily see that discouraging new posters from the thread because it may not be a tired argument to them or they may not be aware that their argument has come up numerous times before. There are some who use the same talking points for as a crutch for their arguments, sure, but should those posts need to be disciplined, it should be for a different reason. Again, I think having someone closer to the discussion to help moderate will help a lot with that.

Overall, I feel USCE is in a good place, just a couple of things that stick out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

Epic High Five posted:

CSPAM has no subforums and we haven't moved any threads there, are you referring to USPOL? That got moved to CCCC, with CE being the replacement with the new format of quarterly reboots and an emphasis on finding new rules and guidelines that will make it a more enjoyable space for people to spend time in.

Sorry, I misspoke. Yeah, I was talking about moving that to CCCC. I never venture into into either that or CSPAM and assumed CCCC was a subforum in CSPAM.

Velocity Raptor fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Jul 30, 2022