Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Tech thread could use a reboot but it's nice to have it as a general Jesus Christ thread for how hosed up things are in tech, or how musk is currently trying to get pegged by a tesla

In general, alot of the threads that have ops that are 5 or more years old might be best rebooted in order to just hopefully increase eyes and just cause wow, they are ancient at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

that's quite explicitly not a complaint and I don't know how I can make it more clear. I thought "that's great so keep it up" would do the trick but apparently not :confused:

like obviously I'm not going to loving post here same as I don't post in the anime forum because that's not my jam. but I'm a former poster here so I keeps tabs that's the only difference

as I've mentioned before the user base of d&d is composed predominantly of people who, in another time and place, would have been quite happy living under the Nazis (as were most people back then at least at first). I don't think it's reasonable or for that matter practical to ban everyone who posts here so giving d&d people a safe space where they can laugh and play with other Nazis is, imo, a reasonable goal and I'm glad the moderation team here is finally being open about it instead of pretending they're really trying to do something else, like the previous group of morons who were running the place. godspeed koos group et al

Thank you for portraying every dnd poster as nazi sympathizers. Get hosed

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
the idea that siloing off to other threads stifles things is silly. Much of it can be attributed to the discussion reaching its conclusion, either from interest waning, or the topic not having anything new to actually add. You can only keep rehashing the same story so much before it becomes redundant, and many times that actually is what happens, the interest in it wanes and people move onto the new flashpoint. The idea of branching out topics is sound, it can allow the focus to be on that topic and let people discuss it, instead of it getting mixed into a fast moving thread that can result in people getting confused on the topic, or taking something as offense because they dont know the background of the topic. I don't think the idea that the mods stifle anything is the point that needs to be taken, and Beetus hits the nail pretty well. DND not having 1000 pages threads that grow at 20 pages an hour is good, and also helps to prevent some weird poo poo from getting missed that can fester or be uh, gross as gently caress (remember the old games done quick chat thread?) DnD doesn't need to or should emulate the loose posting of cspam, it already exists.

And koos, you brought up that DnD used to be and should be for helping to increase knowledge of topics and provide info, that really is what DnD was at its basis and what always was a big draw. The presidents thread still is one of the best threads we have had here in a long time and is an example of how good DnD can be on some topics.