Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

Majorian posted:

There was already a thread like this, too. Strangely enough, not too many non-Marxists showed up to debate, so it also became another chat thread.

Just as a general rule, if the thread wants a debate between Marxists and non-Marists, I don't think it should start with

"This is a thread for those who want to discuss Leftist theory and write long screeds"

Speaking as a non-Marxist who doesn't want to read or write long screeds and who finds Marxist theory incomprehensible. The thread seems like it's intended for inter-Lefist discussion, which is fine. The name of the forum isn't just Debate. It's Debate and Discussion.

Personally, I'd just sometimes like to be able to look at USCE and have a discussion on a current news event without it being derailed into how yhe US is a terrible country and part of an inevitable slide towards fascism, but I've come to terms that that won't happen, so....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU