Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the white hand
Nov 12, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

VitalSigns posted:

Well one very obvious reason springs to my mind immediately.

If making "stale" arguments is against the rules, then making a thread to host those stale arguments sounds like a good way to get oneself and everyone who posts in it probated. And possibly dinged extra for mod sass for coming back and making the same argument that the mods just punished you for.

This combination of "what's the problem just do x" and selective punishment of x is certainly one reason I don't bother engaging here anymore. If this generation of mods were capable of or interested in fairly applying their own standards they'd be different people. The disingenuous, circular reasoning on display here in the feedback thread is a hilarious example of the unwillingness to even try to see their own behavior.

Mod formulating an answer to me: why are you doing that? Shut up and listen instead of rationalizing. I'm not going to start posting here again either way, I promise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU