Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
I think things are on the right track except that czs wanders around random slaughtering perfectly decent conversations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Free vitalsigns

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Moderating based on the apparent frequency of arguments in a linear message board format that does nothing to actually keep track of the arguments made or how successfully they've ever been supported or rebutted in the past is a total absurdity

Harold Fjord fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jul 30, 2022

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
It seems to be addressed to the Chinese military

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That suggestion is basically concern trolling mods into becoming a Ministry of Truth.

Is that not what is already happening?

It's just asking that the list be made explicit instead of us having to guess what posts you may remember

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Jaxyon posted:

I'm sorry I thought your offer to take accountability was was real, my mistake.

Even if we find examples of you probing one side bit not the other for staleness, you'll just deflect and blame another mystery mod for lack of action. So convenient

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
So mods inclined to probe leftists come on and do that then less aggressive mods come in and forgive centrists
The system works

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

speng31b posted:

If a moderator is sincerely suggesting that a poster seek therapy I'm hoping there's something more going on behind the scenes than what it appears at a glance.

Just my 2c.

I totally get why that's rude as gently caress.

But then I looked at the history. CZS is the product of the thread he developed in, which is apparently terrible.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

A good point but there should be a time or even just is this still funny limit before for they are eventually exposed and there should be mods watching for people switching to alt accounts to avoid questions while discussing the same topic we already have enough people refusing to engage while making GBS threads on people all the time hello silence kit.

Props for the professor for attempting humor /sincere

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
D&D would need an incredible overhaul of style in order to achieve the desired goal of not reiterating stale points. It seems like a fun goon project. I'll help, I just got an A in my project management class at community college.

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
But that's just not wanting to read views on current events that you disagree with.

The failures of the Democratic Party are an ongoing current event of our times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004

Gros Tarla posted:

Majorian mentioned it would end up with people on one side of the debate being alone there. Is it because people don't want to be challenged? Or is it because most people don't want to interact with the other side of that debate for some reason? Or is it because most people simply don't care? Whichever it is, does it really justify letting it take over the main thread over and over?

To be clear, you seem to be advocating for viewpoint oriented discrimination in the main thread for talking about current events because somehow when something you disagree with is posted there you are 'forced' to interact with it and it 'takes over' so as long and as there's another thread somewhere you don't have to read it's justified to do this.

There's a regular pattern of threads withering as they got silo'd off. Posters who think "but we need cops" want to post that once in the police discussion thread, strawman a bit, then leave until the next time cop murders start "derailing" current events with discussions of what to do about it.

A lot of D&D threads are pretty much going dark. No climate news gets posted in climate change yet there's lots of it every day.