Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
the china thread needs an ik and i think ronya would be the best (only) candidate

Somaen posted:

There's way less genocide denial as the brain damaged freaks got driven out to containment zones/threads. Kudos for that

i only see the ukraine thread from the lepers colony, so i don't know how common the genocide denial thing gets played, but if that isn't already a probe on sight it really should be.

eta

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

this sentiment would be far more cutting from someone not on record saying that actually, the Armenians deserved to be genocided by his forefathers, op

lol

Stringent fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 31, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Professor Beetus posted:

I'll be forwarding this feedback to Jeffrey every day from now on until he relents and allows someone to make this happen. Thank you for your feedback.

oh yeah, i've been meaning to ask this.

how much is discendo vox getting warnings instead of probes because the mods don't want to deal with pms from them?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jarmak posted:

I get pretty annoyed with CZSs decisions sometime, but even with it's flaws their iron-fisted rule is the only reason the DnD Ukraine thread is readable and should be considered a model for other threads. It's not an accident that makes them a target.

i realize this is just an unavoidable part of the dnd zeitgheist and complaining about it isn't productive, but lol.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
not trying to spam this, i won't bring it up again, but i did want to make sure it didn't get lost in the press

Stringent posted:

the china thread needs an ik and i think ronya would be the best (only) candidate

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

cinci zoo sniper posted:

It was been noted and brought up for an internal discussion by Fritz already.

:cheers:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
speaking of, if any of you have archives and some spare time it's well worth reading through 2003 era dnd posts about iraq

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Jarmak posted:

Poster is trying to play a game where acknowledging the yeller's political beliefs with a negative framing is the exact same thing as the yellers bringing it up in every thread they post in regardless of its topical proximity.

bronze this.

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
:munch:

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here
sounds as if there might be 10x more americans posting on here doesn't it?

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

cinci zoo sniper posted:

No, UKMT alone is about as active as the US threads combined. D&D on the whole is majority non-American, talking about non-American things.

that's p cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Main Paineframe posted:

As social media and irresponsible journalism have encouraged the growth of conspiracy theories across the ideological spectrum all over the internet, US political discussion has been more eager than ever to line up a few factual and verifiable pieces, build a trampoline out of them, and then bounce their conclusion way out into a totally unfalsifiable stratosphere where the argument floats around on conjecture and speculation rather than being supported by unambiguous direct evidence. It's frankly an enormous pain in the rear end to argue with that kind of stuff.

yeah, the analogy is halfassed, bite me :iiapa:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REWeBzGuzCc