Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
last time we had one of these the moderators had to be carefully walked through why giving money to openly fascist groups was bad, this time we just had to remind one that calling something a gay disease on the basis that it seemed like one to him was bad

progress is being made

only thing i'd raise is the 'tired argument' probes not being paired to 'tired assertion' probes making the issue with them clear: if repeating something you know is contentious is fine, but disagreeing with it isn't, the thing being punished isn't being 'tired,' it's disputing the subject in question.

there are absolutely subjects where that's the right call. see, for example, the immediately punished Lets Debate: Are Moderators Subhuman thread, which explained to moderators why certain subjects are not up for debate far better than any well-reasoned argument could. but claiming that thread was shut down for being a 'tired argument' would be a transparent exercise in eliding the actual reason.

if bringing up a tired point is acceptable, and rebutting it isn't, you are moderating positions and then pretending you aren't to avoid backlash. either equalize punishment or abandon the pretense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Harold Fjord posted:

So mods inclined to probe leftists come on and do that then less aggressive mods come in and forgive centrists
The system works

in fairness, the last few times a moderator suspected of cspam sympathies was modded the maxes-out-reports-daily crew absolutely lost their minds, so it makes sense that modern moderation is about attempting to appease those people

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

A big flaming stink posted:

are you gonna do anything else besides rubberneck in this thread, like seriously its so damned tiresome to see your attempts at sassing people

he's seen what it looks like when he tries to engage, and learned not to do so as a result

every ecosystem needs its bottom feeders. you might as well get mad at someone in games for loredumping.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

UCS Hellmaker posted:

Thank you for portraying every dnd poster as nazi sympathizers. Get hosed

Seamus was coming out of the pub with his son when he stopped and put an arm around the youngster. He nodded towards the village in front of them and said, “You know, I built half the homes in this village but nobody calls me a homebuilder.”

Then with a wave of his arm, he said, “And I worked on half the roads in this village but nobody calls me a roadbuilder.”

Seamus sighed, put his two hands on his son’s shoulders and, looking him hard in the eye, said, “But you gently caress one sheep….”

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Slow News Day posted:

Very normal opinion. Definitely not even a tiny bit unhinged.

this sentiment would be far more cutting from someone not on record saying that actually, the Armenians deserved to be genocided by his forefathers, op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Professor Beetus posted:

Should I assume someone popping into the DND feedback thread to post about cool CSPAM threads is doing so out of good faith and generosity? The assumption of good faith does not need to be an endless font of naivete.

assuming they're doing it just to make you feel bad strikes me as a bit of a stretch, tbh