Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cruft

Fredrik1 posted:

super cool, but I can't figure out how to castle?

Move your king to where it would go, and the rook will move automatically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cruft

Speedy Marie just kicked my rear end.

cruft

Speedy Marie kicked my rear end again. Back to the onion.

Macnult

cruft posted:

Quincy kind of sucks, OP.

...yeah

cruft

I finally beat Speedy Marie!

NOTHING CAN STOP ME!

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

cruft posted:

Speedy Marie just kicked my rear end.

she's built for speed!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCPCspkreSI

missing 46. Rxh4# is a top tier bruh moment

barnold fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Aug 3, 2022

cruft

barnold posted:

missing 46. Rxh4# is a top tier bruh moment

Can somebody help me understand what this means? I'm pretty sure Rxh4# means "Rook takes whatever's at H4, Check" but I don't even see that in the game :)

barnold

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot

cruft posted:

Can somebody help me understand what this means? I'm pretty sure Rxh4# means "Rook takes whatever's at H4, Check" but I don't even see that in the game :)

you're almost spot on. "46. Rxh4#" means: on the 46th move, white uses rook to capture pawn on h4, resulting in checkmate (the hashtag means Checkmate)

what you actually played was "46. gxh4??" which means that white's pawn on the G-file captured black pawn on h4. The two question marks mean it was a blunder, since you had a guaranteed checkmate and instead played a move which delayed that checkmate for another handful of moves :wave: chess notation is kinda nutty. it's like a whole extra language imo

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

barnold posted:

you're almost spot on. "46. Rxh4#" means: on the 46th move, white uses rook to capture pawn on h4, resulting in checkmate (the hashtag means Checkmate)

what you actually played was "46. gxh4??" which means that white's pawn on the G-file captured black pawn on h4. The two question marks mean it was a blunder, since you had a guaranteed checkmate and instead played a move which delayed that checkmate for another handful of moves :wave: chess notation is kinda nutty. it's like a whole extra language imo

another way to write this would be: bubba gubba borba lindtsen joober flambin' trink brank gornky

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

cruft

barnold posted:

Oh! I thought the period indicated the end of a sentence, LOL.

Yeah, I'm not thinking too far ahead here, I'm at work and distracted.

When I'm not at work, I don't have any excuse for not thinking too far ahead other than sheer stupidity.

E: Oh, yeah, I see that move now. If I'm not mistaken "??" is chess notation for "what the gently caress is this orb smoking", which seems appropriate.

cruft fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Aug 3, 2022

Schweinhund

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I added 4 new opponents!

https://byobchess.neocities.org/

Chewbecca

Just chillin' : )

A worthy opponent :evilbuddy:

Thanks to Heather Papps for sweet sig, click for more hot lady action

sigs by luvcow and Khanstant.
Click on Spoonville for a neat surprise

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Macnult

McHorsey is a really good practice bot

Schweinhund

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
I pwned McHorsey

Macnult

drat, i guess McHorsey isn't that good of a practice bot :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biosterous

the lady who shitposts is soundly defeated

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!