Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

name: A World Without Onions
skill level: easy
a) welcome message: Imagine.. a world without onions!
b) when they take your piece: Imagine that was an onion... and now it is gone...
c) when they lose a piece: You took my piece.. but you can never take my onions, for I have none!
d) when they win: Your judgement was clouded by your inability to imagine a world without onions. Imagine harder, then try again!
e) when they lose: Good.. good! Let the power of no onions flow through you!
f) when they tie: You are one step closer to enlightenment. Cast all onions from your mind, and you may yet defeat me.
playing style: their lack of onions is a handicap. they are unable to see more than a couple of moves ahead, because the concept of "layers" is alien to them

Dr. Honked fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 31, 2022

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Schweinhund posted:

:siren: Here is the game, try it out! :siren:

https://byobchess.neocities.org

Notes:
the opponents are in order from easiest to hardest
this could use a lot more polish but it should be fine
this works best on desktop. It might be a bit janky on mobile

Feel free to submit more opponents and I'll try to add them.

LOL that's great!!

i beat my guy in 10000 moves because i suck at chess

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

barnold posted:

you're almost spot on. "46. Rxh4#" means: on the 46th move, white uses rook to capture pawn on h4, resulting in checkmate (the hashtag means Checkmate)

what you actually played was "46. gxh4??" which means that white's pawn on the G-file captured black pawn on h4. The two question marks mean it was a blunder, since you had a guaranteed checkmate and instead played a move which delayed that checkmate for another handful of moves :wave: chess notation is kinda nutty. it's like a whole extra language imo

another way to write this would be: bubba gubba borba lindtsen joober flambin' trink brank gornky